EVGA 1660 Super - Performance issues

Author
jormc
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/11/26 16:07:09 (permalink)
Hi there!

I'm Jordi, from Spain, and this is my first post. Sorry for my little English in advance! :-)

4 months ago I bought an EVGA 1660 Super graphics card, to play games like Euro Truck Simulator 2 & American Truck Simulator.
At the time of purchase, I had an Intel Core i5-3570K PC, with 24GB of ram and a 1Tb SSD hard drive.
I immediately noticed that I was suffering from a bottleneck, since I clearly saw that the graphics were not capable of rendering the textures correctly, both at low and high quality. Objects on the horizon "fell and stood" in front of me, so that it looked very annoying to the eye. So I thought it was a processor problem, and decided to change it.

Just a couple of days ago I bought an AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT, with 32GB of DDR4 @ 3200 ram.
I've been playing for several hours, and the problem persists. I would even say the same or worse, since the effect of the appearance of textures on the horizon and vibration of the environment is the same or greater than with my i5.
I understand that these are not very demanding games in terms of graphics, and the recommended graphics card and system requirements are much lower than what I now have:

---
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB)
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
---

This is my userbenchmarking: 

Is it possible that the graphics card is bad? As much as I change the system and game parameters, it is impossible for me to get a smooth rendering and without texturing problems, not even with my new system.

Could someone help me to verify its integrity and configure it correctly?
And if it's faulty, how can I prove and fix it?

I request that you help me with my problem, as I am totally disappointed with the purchase and sad at the results obtained, even after having invested in a new system.

Thanks a lot!!!
post edited by jormc - 2020/11/26 16:09:33

Best regards,

Jordi MC
~~~~~
 · AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT 3.8 GHz
· Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
· 32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 2x16GB CL16
· EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB GDDR6
· SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb NVMe
· SSD SATA 3 500Gb / 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO
· Corsair 600T Graphite Series Blanca