Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102873
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2021/03/20 07:23:23 (permalink)
Cherry Announces Cherry MX Ultra Low Profile Key Switches | TechPowerUp

CHERRY MX, the market leader and expert for mechanical switches in keyboards, presents the Ultra Low Profile. With this model, the German-based company once again achieves a milestone in the development of switches: CHERRY MX manages to create the ultra-low profile mechanical switch into its own portfolio, which brings new technical possibilities to the design of ultra-low profile notebook and desktop keyboards in the high-end segment. In addition, the ultra-thin solution combines the feature set of the MX switches that have been proven for decades with new attributes, making the CHERRY MX Ultra Low Profile a game-changer for the industry.

CHERRY MX has not only presented a completely new development with the Low Profile switch introduced in 2018 but also significantly reduced the overall height of mechanical switches in this new design. This step is radically continued with the brand-new Ultra Low Profile. CHERRY MX is moving toward the current limit of technical feasibility with this model: the overall height is now reduced to only 3.5 millimeters. Accordingly, the development team realized a mechanical switch that is around 70 percent smaller than the Low Profile.

CHERRY MX has not only developed the lowest-profile mechanical switch in its own range with the brand-new Ultra Low Profile and setting a new benchmark especially within the notebook segment but is also pushing the keyboard market forward with new innovations as a technology leader. As a new, patented* standard, the model will influence the industry in the coming years and possibly decades. Particularly for the notebook segment, the Ultra Low Profile will enable solutions that were not technically possible before.

Looks interesting in my opinion, but can these key switches live up to the hype?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31129
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: Cherry Announces Cherry MX Ultra Low Profile Key Switches 2021/03/20 07:39:27 (permalink)
    (excerpt) "overall height is now reduced to only 3.5 millimeters. Accordingly, the development team realized a mechanical switch that is around 70 percent smaller than the Low Profile."

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

BCohen1983
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 124
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Cherry Announces Cherry MX Ultra Low Profile Key Switches 2021/03/20 15:23:44 (permalink)
    Interesting.  I like their Brown switches, I'd be interested to see how these feel.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile