Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Ranmacanada
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 992
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2020/09/24 09:48:03 (permalink)
Long and short, UPS is a bane to anyone outside of the USA.  I ordered a card during mid-week madness, paid $99 USD or $130 CDN for said card.  For my card to "clear customs" with UPS, it's going to cost me almost $60, almost half the price of the card.  Please switch to USPS, as UPS just loves to force us Canadians to bend over and just take it.  With the border closed, we have no option to have them drop shipped to the USA and then drive across and pick it up (which is what I have done in the past).  Their fees are nothing but extortion, and if you want sales to happen north of the border, yeah it's not going to be with UPS extorting Canadians.

As it is, I am probably going to refuse delivery on the card.  This is insane, and it is something that only YOU can fix.

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
AMD Ryzen 2700
Fold for the CURE!
EVGA 1080 FTW
EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid

33 Replies Related Threads

xjetry
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/24 11:38:54 (permalink)
    why EVGA doesn't support international ship...
    DarkTAO
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 345
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/24 12:41:59 (permalink)
    I agree. I wasn't liking the $55 price tag to get the card overnight, much less the added $4.25 on top of that just to get a signature required delivery! For $1800, that shouldn't be $4 extra.
    Luckily EVGA knew it was a really bad shipping price so thinking ahead, just took the card out of my cart 95 minutes into the crash fest. Good lookin' out. 

24G-P5-3987-KR
    09/24/2020 01:16:10 PM PT Yes
    Delivered 17 Hours From Purchase
    Intel i9-9900K
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA CLC-280
    Asus PG279Q
    LG CX OLED 55"
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra/Hybrid Cooler
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
    32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3600
    EVGA Supernova 850 T2
    Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 850 pro 512GB SSD
    Samsung 840 500GB SSD

08G-P5-3751-KR
    10/28/2020 04:27:02 PM PT No

24G-P5-3987-KR
    10/02/2020 17:12:43 PM PT No - Not Buying
     Removing Once 3090 Arrives
    10G-P5-3897-KR
    09/24/2020 01:35:27 PM PT No - Not Buying
    Removing Once 3090 Arrives [
    SpriteCup1
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 360
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/24 14:21:31 (permalink)
    DarkTAO
    I agree. I wasn't liking the $55 price tag to get the card overnight, much less the added $4.25 on top of that just to get a signature required delivery! For $1800, that shouldn't be $4 extra.
    Luckily EVGA knew it was a really bad shipping price so thinking ahead, just took the card out of my cart 95 minutes into the crash fest. Good lookin' out. 

LMAO.
    post edited by XrayMan - 2020/09/25 00:32:17

In the dark, I can feel You in my sleep.. In Your arms I feel You breathe in to me. Forever hold this heart that I will give to You, Forever I will live for You!
    Apollo1321
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/25 14:04:42 (permalink)
    Yea you would think at the price of the high end cards shipping would be free.
    Frankfraga
    • Total Posts : 48
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/25 14:07:03 (permalink)
    UPS sucks for us here in the states also. I’ve come to expect great service from FedEx for my shipping needs not to mention UPS delivers at my house around 8-10pm making it almost an extra day in transit.
    Yesterdays_news
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/25 14:09:09 (permalink)
    Dang didn’t know about this. That’s pretty terrible
    frasersean
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/25 17:18:16 (permalink)
    UPS seems to just do random custom fee's sometimes.
    guitarwar241
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 104
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/25 17:26:32 (permalink)
    UPS even sucks in the states. I feel like they're always losing my packages. 
    frasersean
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/25 17:31:50 (permalink)
    There are better carriers sucks when a company uses a bad one.
    wedansti
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/25 18:40:51 (permalink)
    Duties and import taxes are set by the Federal and Provincial Government.  Rates are determined by the type of good, province of the consumer, and country of origin (not where it is shipping from, but where the item was manufactured).  UPS, USPS, and FEDEX may do COD for import taxes, or the seller may pre-charge the duty (this happens a lot on Amazon, but they will simply provide a quote on import taxes, charge that amount, and then refund if the actual charges are lower, but will eat the extra if the charges are higher).
    JonnyVee
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 167
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/26 06:43:08 (permalink)
    Ranmacanada
    Long and short, UPS is a bane to anyone outside of the USA.  I ordered a card during mid-week madness, paid $99 USD or $130 CDN for said card.  For my card to "clear customs" with UPS, it's going to cost me almost $60, almost half the price of the card.  Please switch to USPS, as UPS just loves to force us Canadians to bend over and just take it.  With the border closed, we have no option to have them drop shipped to the USA and then drive across and pick it up (which is what I have done in the past).  Their fees are nothing but extortion, and if you want sales to happen north of the border, yeah it's not going to be with UPS extorting Canadians.

As it is, I am probably going to refuse delivery on the card.  This is insane, and it is something that only YOU can fix.

What shipping method was used UPS worldwide expedited or saver? Both should not include any additional fees other than taxes and I thought there was no duty on graphics cards. 

I’m in Canada and looking at buying a 3090. I thought I was only going to have to pay the taxes. However, if you don’t pay UPS the taxes in advance prior to customs - there’s an extra fee. 

schweibreezy
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/26 14:47:52 (permalink)
    UPS is just terrible!
    Ranmacanada
    SSC Member
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/26 21:55:53 (permalink)
    JonnyVee
    Ranmacanada

What shipping method was used UPS worldwide expedited or saver? Both should not include any additional fees other than taxes and I thought there was no duty on graphics cards. 

I’m in Canada and looking at buying a 3090. I thought I was only going to have to pay the taxes. However, if you don’t pay UPS the taxes in advance prior to customs - there’s an extra fee. 

It was free shipping.  Which used standard shipping from UPS.  UPS forces you to pay for their brokering service to get it across customs, and they charge you a hefty interest fee.  I am in the process of attempting to self clear the card to save me the $$ but no one at UPS wants to send me the information I require to do so, which they are supposed to do by law.  

AMD Ryzen 2700
    Fold for the CURE!
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid

ccoyne83
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/26 22:29:10 (permalink)
    UPS is so hit and miss. Have had a lot of bad experiences with them especially on expensive items.
    Urieldagda
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/26 22:48:29 (permalink)
    I live near Pittsburgh and UPS is terrible here.. I hope EVGA packs my video card in a few layers of boxes with foam in them.. Every single UPS package I ever get looks like it's been attacked by wild dogs and beaten with a baseball bat.  When I ordered the parts in June for my new PC, most went through USPS and 2 went through UPS..

The USPS ones were all pristine. Of the UPS ones, one was my case, which had holes ripped all over the box and a crushed side (thank goodness it was packed so well it didn't get dented), and the other was my power supply, which looked like it had been crushed by a truck driver sitting on it for 1000 miles and was half torn open.

If they send my 3080 in a box with just a few air cushions in it, I will get it completely beat up with half of the capacitors most likely sheared off from the force.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/26 23:26:54 (permalink)
    I would agree that ups is horrible but that is what EVGA uses. If i was you tell them to hold the package for you to pick up or simply tell ups to place it in a ups access point pick up station. The access point is a place where the drivers will place your package in a locker room box for you to pick up.
    All you need is your state ID, ups tag number and phone number you entered when you place the order. If you enter all this info and the locker number will either flash or the machine will tell you where it is on screen. Once the locker is on the screen, you pull the lid or sometimes push and then pull the lid of the locker.

The access points are very useful, trust me. Most of the times ups access points are lockers or can be a store, pharmacy, gas station, etc.

If you ran into problems like the machine not recognizing your id or phone number to get your package, simply call them and they will remotely open the locker box for you, keep in mind the customer rep will ask the package tag number, your name/address/phone number/vendor your package is from.

I hope this helps many of you in the state and overseas customers.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Ogredose
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/09/27 19:11:05 (permalink)
    Just another obstacle to deal with
    Ranmacanada
    SSC Member
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/02 17:06:08 (permalink)
    atfrico
    I would agree that ups is horrible but that is what EVGA uses. If i was you tell them to hold the package for you to pick up or simply tell ups to place it in a ups access point pick up station. The access point is a place where the drivers will place your package in a locker room box for you to pick up.
    All you need is your state ID, ups tag number and phone number you entered when you place the order. If you enter all this info and the locker number will either flash or the machine will tell you where it is on screen. Once the locker is on the screen, you pull the lid or sometimes push and then pull the lid of the locker.

The access points are very useful, trust me. Most of the times ups access points are lockers or can be a store, pharmacy, gas station, etc.

If you ran into problems like the machine not recognizing your id or phone number to get your package, simply call them and they will remotely open the locker box for you, keep in mind the customer rep will ask the package tag number, your name/address/phone number/vendor your package is from.

I hope this helps many of you in the state and overseas customers.

You didn't even read why I want EVGA to stop using UPS.  I live in Canada, and UPS just loves to add on fee after fee after fee for clearing packages at the border.  Something that if they give me the proper information, I can do myself.  As I said, they wanted almost HALF of what I paid for the video card in fees.

AMD Ryzen 2700
    Fold for the CURE!
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid

Ranmacanada
    SSC Member
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/02 17:10:03 (permalink)
    So an update.  I was able to self clear the card myself, with much reluctance from UPS and had assurances from them that the fees would be deleted.  The card was delivered today, and surprise surprise, the system showed I still owed the brokerage fees and the taxes.  None of the emails I had stating that there should be no fees, nor the CBSA paperwork was enough to convince the driver or the idiot on the other end of the phone that I had self cleared my parcel and that there should be no fees.  The only way I could get my card released, was, yes you guessed it, I had to pay the stupid fees.  I am now going to have to fight with UPS and instigate a charge back and will probably be black-listed by them for delivery.

EVGA stop using UPS.  With the border closed, all it does is screw over your Canadian customers.  Unless of course you enjoy having us screwed over.

post edited by Ranmacanada - 2020/10/02 17:11:20

AMD Ryzen 2700
    Fold for the CURE!
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/02 22:58:09 (permalink)
    Ranmacanada
    So an update.  I was able to self clear the card myself, with much reluctance from UPS and had assurances from them that the fees would be deleted.  The card was delivered today, and surprise surprise, the system showed I still owed the brokerage fees and the taxes.  None of the emails I had stating that there should be no fees, nor the CBSA paperwork was enough to convince the driver or the idiot on the other end of the phone that I had self cleared my parcel and that there should be no fees.  The only way I could get my card released, was, yes you guessed it, I had to pay the stupid fees.  I am now going to have to fight with UPS and instigate a charge back and will probably be black-listed by them for delivery.

EVGA stop using UPS.  With the border closed, all it does is screw over your Canadian customers.  Unless of course you enjoy having us screwed over.

That s the tariff that the US is charging since last year. You are not the only person in Canada being affected by this. Millions of people overseas are affected too and paying the tariff fee.
    The single solution you may have is to cross the border and buy it in the states or have a friend buy the card for you and you pick it up from her/his place.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 07:19:08 (permalink)
    UPS seems to always delay delivery of the packages I want most.   And they always arrive at my place at 6 - 8 pm at night!

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    Ranmacanada
    SSC Member
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 08:57:54 (permalink)
    atfrico
    Ranmacanada

That s the tariff that the US is charging since last year. You are not the only person in Canada being affected by this. Millions of people overseas are affected too and paying the tariff fee.
    The single solution you may have is to cross the border and buy it in the states or have a friend buy the card for you and you pick it up from her/his place.

No.  Nothing of the sort.  I'm sorry but I believe I know what I am being forced to pay again because I have the paperwork in front of me, you don't.  I was forced to pay the taxes, AGAIN, and I was forced to pay UPS brokerage fees and their daily interest charges.  Brokerage fees that I should not have to pay because I self cleared the parcel myself.  

There is no tariff, it was all UPS fees and regular taxes.  Stuff that my self clearing should have prevented.  Even the person at UPS who I sent my self clear information to said it made no sense that the parcel was sent out stating I owed money, when I did not.  How do I know?  Because I emailed them stating that I had to pay to get my card released, and they informed me to call their billing department to get this sorted out.  So again it is UPS screwing things up, and has NOTHING to do with a tariff.

As for "cross the border and buy it in the states" you seem to have neglected the fact that the USA border has been closed for months, and won't open until the Americans can get their collective heads out of their butts and do something about their covid-19 numbers.  Please stop commenting as everything you've said has NOTHING to do with the situation at hand, and all you are doing is making yourself look ignorant.

AMD Ryzen 2700
    Fold for the CURE!
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid

Caffeinated_Sarcasm
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 12:39:19 (permalink)
    For what it's worth, UPS is just as incompetent here in the states. I've had packages that tracking claimed they attempted delivery but couldn't find my apartment, during that same day, the UPS courier walked past my door. When I flagged him down, he went to his truck and brought my item.

10G-P5-3897-KR     9/26/2020 9:26:35 AM PT    Removed by User    
    10G-P5-3895-KR     9/26/2020 9:26:29 AM PT    Removed by User    
    10G-P5-3885-KR     9/17/2020 7:47:06 PM PT    Yes
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 13:23:52 (permalink)
    Ranmacanada

As for "cross the border and buy it in the states" you seem to have neglected the fact that the USA border has been closed for months, and won't open until the Americans can get their collective heads out of their butts and do something about their covid-19 numbers.  Please stop commenting as everything you've said has NOTHING to do with the situation at hand, and all you are doing is making yourself look ignorant.

How original and not surprised.  That's such a misguided and ignorant statement.  The borders are closed to keep people like you who are toxic like 'rona' away!  
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2020/10/03 13:26:03

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Hillguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1320
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 16:13:16 (permalink)
    Hi Ranmacanada ,
    Sorry to hear about your experience.  This topic has been discussed Many times and the "Preferred Shipper" will not change , You are 100% right. UPS Ripped You Off.  They don't care about Me or You or Mr Magoo.  From my experience when a product enters Canada they want a percentage of the purchase price on TOP of any and all regular fees. Regardless of the shipper ( eVGA is not the exception or at fault ) they do it with everyone.

They get on with all this Brokerage talk and then make up some other stuff "Just because they can" then extort you into paying because as the last UPS lady said to me ... " I'm in Ontario and you are in Newfoundland , so there's nothing you can do about it ! "  I was not impressed to say the least so I told her to Return it to the Sender.  She comes back with "Only the shipper can reroute the package and exactly how will you be paying for that sir ? " 

I laughed , got her name and extension number and said I'll call right back.  Shortly after that her phone rang and my shipment was recalled by the shipper.   They resent it with another company and it came to my door without issue. 

Moral of the story ....
    Get whatever you can in Canada whenever possible.
    Never order anything from the US if the only shipping option is UPS.
    Don't waste your energy here , concentrate it on getting your money back from UPS

Best of Luck
    Hillguy
    post edited by Hillguy - 2020/10/03 16:16:49

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
    ThirteenEra
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 16:15:36 (permalink)
    in UK i find UPS is one of my favourite couriers :/

They are fast, reliable, and with good prices.

Shame you have this issue in Canada with them. Looks like entire North America is f'd in terms of shipping and deliveries, my condolences to you guys.
    aman4672
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 20:53:02 (permalink)
    It the U.S. Ups is the best option. Kinda surprising they don't offer other options for international customers my company certainly does.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/03 23:51:18 (permalink)
    Ranmacanada

🙄 i tell ya i love the name calling. I call them hippies for a reason.
    Here is a link https://discsunlimited.net/ups-brokerage-fees
    For you to read 😼
    Before you post or bark at someone with no legitimate knowledge of how things work🙄
    Do some research first.😾
    I used the UPS web portal before many times and i saw that brokerage fees in the package i used to ship to Canada last year. Customers complaining just like you, how ironic🤷, i have to explain to them about the issue you are having. DHL, USPS, UPS, heck even AMAZON charge for these fees not as much as UPS but is almost close to the same amount.
    Im trying to give you ideas and solutions but you just focused on one option and not the alternatives.

EVGA will use UPS because the contract UPS offered them (fee per package) is cheaper compare what FedEx, USPS, and DHL offered and that's the pure honest true.😼

Phil6970
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re: Can EVGA please stop using UPS as I am sick of being extorted 2020/10/05 01:33:00 (permalink)
    Try using Couriers Please in Australia.
    They make any courier company look good their policy is to contract any courier (or man with van) and they will not tell the recipient nor the sender who is carrying their goods.
    Makes tracking lost parcels (95% is a good guess) such fun.

Intel 10920X/Aorus Gaming 9 X299/ Corsair Dominator Platinum Pro RGB 8x8Gb/ Asus GTX1080ti
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile