EVGA

Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 17
Author
joreyesl
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/30 02:08:15 (permalink)
I'm wondering why there was no notification of this promotion to people who bought the Hybrid from the EVGA website. I would have loved to have this new shroud, however I see that the promotion has ended. Is there any chance of this promotion being reopenned?
Wiifoo
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/02 22:24:08 (permalink)
I've participated at this promotion and I've never received the shroud unless my multiple requests to EVGA so you don't have missed anything...
alexp999
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/15 04:59:14 (permalink)
Only just found out about this, incredibly disappointed that EVGA seemed to make no attempt to inform customers.

My card is registered on here and I'm also signed up to the EVGA newsletter.
tripps
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/15 09:02:57 (permalink)
I just bought 2 of these cards and found out about the shrouds here by sheer accident.  Wish I was eligible to swap mine out, but more curious as to why new ones aren't already coming with them?

2x EVGA 2080 Ti FTW Hybrid w/ NVLink
i9-9900K, Windows 10
DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1114
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/16 18:30:41 (permalink)
tripps
I just bought 2 of these cards and found out about the shrouds here by sheer accident.  Wish I was eligible to swap mine out, but more curious as to why new ones aren't already coming with them?

I have to agree with you. Why are we punished for not buying sooner ? Not that I don't like my card it just seems Wrong !
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/17 16:01:49 (permalink)
DAVE2HOT4U
tripps

I have to agree with you. Why are we punished for not buying sooner ? Not that I don't like my card it just seems Wrong !

I don't see it as people being punished because they didn't buy sooner.

When the 970 and 980 was released, they didn't include Backplates right away. Later then my put them up for sale and the released the 970+/980+ line up where they added the backplate from the factory. Everyone them at bought them previously had to pay extra for the backplate.

EVGA does a giveaway every week, not to mention they also give away free stuff on the live stream, and this goes for people that don't even own anything evga branded and some people that only want to sell the items they receive for free.

So, is it fair to all of the paying users that someone else got something free? Same concept here. EVGA did a limited time giveaway. They have already stated that they are trying to get the new shroud on the new models so that it is included, and that has been posted in this thread multiple time that it will take time to get the new shroud implemented, all of the old stock returned, and then replaced.

They haven't punished anyone buy doing something nice for those that they could.

Just like game promotions. If you miss the promotion, you miss it. It isn't anyone punishing you because you missed it. You simply go put and buy the game after you get your card, except the fact the game costs more than the shroud.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/01/17 16:04:26
DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/17 19:01:44 (permalink)
I would have rather had the shroud than the game ! No biggie either way. But mine didnt come with the New shroud and I just bought it this Friday from Microcenter. So that kills the notion that they pull their products back and replace them. I really dont care one way or the other. I have (never) seen a link in this forum about live streaming or would have watched . Maybe I missed it, where can you find Streaming on EVGA ?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/17 19:04:40 (permalink)
DAVE2HOT4U
I would have rather had the shroud than the game ! No biggie either way. But mine didnt come with the New shroud and I just bought it this Friday from Microcenter. So that kills the notion that they pull their products back and replace them. I really dont care one way or the other. I have (never) seen a link in this forum about live streaming or would have watched . Maybe I missed it, where can you find Streaming on EVGA ?

Every Friday that they stream, it is at the top of the forum for pc users. Www.twitch.tv/teamevga

The don't stream during events like CES asuch, so there will be times that it is missed. The giveaway is also for users in the chat, as they release a secret word or phrase, and the users are required to go to the giveaway link and fill in the form.
DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/17 19:17:26 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
DAVE2HOT4U

Every Friday that they stream, it is at the top of the forum for pc users. Www.twitch.tv/teamevga

The don't stream during events like CES asuch, so there will be times that it is missed. The giveaway is also for users in the chat, as they release a secret word or phrase, and the users are required to go to the giveaway link and fill in the form.

Thank you First Iv heard of it !
Ally1987
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/24 16:08:58 (permalink)
Is there more left of this new shroud in stock? I couldn't afford the shipping back when EVGA approved my request and sent me the paypal link for the shipping
madmob
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/25 02:19:32 (permalink)
Never seen it available for Australia/NZ and it's already out of stock?
deejaykristoff
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/27 08:07:31 (permalink)
already have mine  ;)
ADANDC650
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 06:45:51 (permalink)
Wish EVGA made a black SLI Bridge...
post edited by ADANDC650 - 2016/01/28 06:47:56
sovietslayer
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 16:23:19 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
DAVE2HOT4U
tripps

I don't see it as people being punished because they didn't buy sooner.

When the 970 and 980 was released, they didn't include Backplates right away. Later then my put them up for sale and the released the 970+/980+ line up where they added the backplate from the factory. Everyone them at bought them previously had to pay extra for the backplate.

EVGA does a giveaway every week, not to mention they also give away free stuff on the live stream, and this goes for people that don't even own anything evga branded and some people that only want to sell the items they receive for free.

So, is it fair to all of the paying users that someone else got something free? Same concept here. EVGA did a limited time giveaway. They have already stated that they are trying to get the new shroud on the new models so that it is included, and that has been posted in this thread multiple time that it will take time to get the new shroud implemented, all of the old stock returned, and then replaced.

They haven't punished anyone buy doing something nice for those that they could.

Just like game promotions. If you miss the promotion, you miss it. It isn't anyone punishing you because you missed it. You simply go put and buy the game after you get your card, except the fact the game costs more than the shroud.

I understand you are a moderator here but you are trying to justify poor business decisions.

The stock hybrid shroud looks cheap. This shroud is a complete upgrade in every way. The idea that this shroud should be a special promotion is ridiculous. It should be the defecto shroud on all new Hybrid units sold. So Yes it is punishing anyone who the bought Hybrid after the promotion.

As for the blackplate, I don't like the idea of the black place being sold extra instead of being included as that's essentially nickling and diming the customers but even so along those paths why isn't this shroud being sold separate? 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 17:58:43 (permalink)
sovietslayer
I understand you are a moderator here but you are trying to justify poor business decisions.

The stock hybrid shroud looks cheap. This shroud is a complete upgrade in every way. The idea that this shroud should be a special promotion is ridiculous. It should be the defecto shroud on all new Hybrid units sold. So Yes it is punishing anyone who the bought Hybrid after the promotion.

As for the blackplate, I don't like the idea of the black place being sold extra instead of being included as that's essentially nickling and diming the customers but even so along those paths why isn't this shroud being sold separate? 

The stock sli bridge that comes with your motherboard looks cheap. No one complains about buying an upgraded SLI bridge that looks better. The cheapest sli bridge also costs more than the shroud.

Depending on your location, look in the accesories section of the products tab, and the shroud is listed.

Evga has already stated numerous times that they are trying to get the new shroud onto all of the future cards. It would be difficult to remove every singlecard off the shelf to install the new shroud, so they already stated that it will take time.

And yes, I am a mod, but I am only providing an opinion. My opinion has nothing to do with Evga as I am not an employee of evga. I just help remove curse words and double posts, and not much else.
yoitstabor
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 21:49:01 (permalink)
Hey I'm considering buying this over the Msi sea hawk. I would but It says online I can't get the shroud for free with the other one cause the deal has expired. I'm only goin to get this over the sea hawk if I can get ahold of the shroud.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 22:07:30 (permalink)
yoitstabor
Hey I'm considering buying this over the Msi sea hawk. I would but It says online I can't get the shroud for free with the other one cause the deal has expired. I'm only goin to get this over the sea hawk if I can get ahold of the shroud.

You double posted, so I removed one.

Where are you located?
yoitstabor
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 22:09:00 (permalink)
I am located in the US, specifically wisconsin
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 22:13:55 (permalink)
Ok, look here: http://www.evga.com/Produ...aspx?pn=100-TC-0999-B9

you can purchase the shroud separate for 24.99, but it is currently out of stock. As you can imagine, everyone with a hybrid is buying them.

Sadly many without a hybrif will buy them just to sell them on EBAY or Amazon. For outrageous prices.

Hopefully that helps.
yoitstabor
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 22:15:29 (permalink)
Great, the default cooler is ugly on 980ti hybrid. Sea hawk is out of stock on new egg so I don't know what to do
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/01/28 22:16:53 (permalink)
Well, even if it is ugly, it still works for the time being lol.

And I do agree that it isn't attractive.
BrawndoQC
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/02/01 10:56:08 (permalink)
I ordered 2 EVGA Hybrids to replace my G1 because i wanted SLI with hybrid cards for temps.  My biggest concern before ordering was screwing up the look for my build because these cards are so ugly and look cheap and outdated. The new Shroud is awesome, I can't understand whose business decision it was to still have that article OUT OF STOCK for existing owners, and still shipping cars with that outdated look with that weird color scheme. 

I managed to locate 2 shrouds for $149 EACH on Ebay just because I couldn't stand to screw my high end build color scheme and really wanted EVGA Hybrids. (You read that right, I paid $300 for not having my setup to look ugly)

It's a no brainer that EVGA needs to upgrade their hybrid to this shroud ASAP, at the very least, have it in STOCK on your website so we can order it. 

Rant over

amroviper
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/02/03 07:02:05 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Ok, look here: http://www.evga.com/Produ...aspx?pn=100-TC-0999-B9

you can purchase the shroud separate for 24.99, but it is currently out of stock. As you can imagine, everyone with a hybrid is buying them.

Sadly many without a hybrif will buy them just to sell them on EBAY or Amazon. For outrageous prices.

Hopefully that helps.

How can I buy one if i'm located outside the US ?

Project BlaXtreme:

Core i7 6700K 
Asus Maximus VIII Hero 
EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid 
Samsung 500GB SSD 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/02/03 07:05:37 (permalink)
amroviper

Where are you outside of the US?
amroviper
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/02/03 08:39:16 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
amroviper

Where are you outside of the US?

I am in Oman - Middle east

Project BlaXtreme:

Core i7 6700K 
Asus Maximus VIII Hero 
EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid 
Samsung 500GB SSD 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BrawndoQC
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/02/18 21:23:19 (permalink)
Well finally, it was in stock again :) Thanks EVGA for the fast shipping. 

cmoney408
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 150
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/03/03 09:39:05 (permalink)
back in stock!
cmoney408
Superclocked Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/03/03 09:46:02 (permalink)
BrawndoQC
Well finally, it was in stock again :) Thanks EVGA for the fast shipping. 

i have a very similar setup. but i noticed 1 difference. shouldn't you have the top of the rap be the highest point in the loop? your top card, the pump/block is the highest point, which is where the air will naturally settle.

the only difference in my setup is. the top cards rad is mounted as rear exhaust and the bottom card is mounted in the front where your top fan is (directly below the 5.25 drive bay cage).
mitcHELLspawn
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/03/03 10:45:13 (permalink)
Ive owned my 2 titan X Hybrids since August, but didnt sign up to recieve my shrouds, and Im aware I kind of missed the boat on that. Im just wondering if its possible to buy them? 
cmoney408
Superclocked Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2016/03/03 11:07:36 (permalink)
yes. 2 comments up i wrote "back in stock".

also on this same page there are links to the product http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-TC-0999-B9 
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 17
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile