EVGA

CLC 240 Clicking

Author
SilkyNoah
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/09/02 20:19:27 (permalink)
Hi all, recently built a new PC and I'm running the CLC 240 AIO on an i7-8700k, radiotor is mounted as intake in the front of an NZXT h500. For the last few weeks it's been performing very well with no issues.

However, tonight I noticed a clicking coming from the pump. I used the EVGA software to adjust the pump speed just to double check and the clicking noise is relative to the speed of the fan (faster pump fan, more rapid clicking). The clicking noise is only present maybe 25-35% of the time, it fades in and out at random.

I tried wiggling the hoses a bit to see if I could knock anything (such as air bubbles) loose, but nothing seems to have changed. Any ideas what to do or what a definite cause may be?

1 Reply Related Threads

_AlanT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 226
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: CLC 240 Clicking 2018/09/02 20:43:36 (permalink)
    Hi SilkyNoah,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums! It looks like you have the radiator mounted vertically in the front. If your hoses are at the top of the radiator, the clicking is normal. It is caused by bubbles and only mounting the radiator horizontally to the top, or vertically with hoses at the bottom will resolve the clicking. To reduce the noise, try turning down the pump speed to about 50%. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Alan
    EVGA
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile