EVGA

Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
lifesbane
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/07/17 07:21:34 (permalink)
passballtotucker
I have the exact same problem. It eventually went black then came back on with an "nvidia display driver stopped responding and recovered" message and the blurriness was gone.

Pretty close to the same issue I had - I had tried to drop the refresh rate down to test, and it went to a black screen for a bit, then came back fixed but with that NVIDIA driver error message.  I just got my new cable yesterday and will be testing over the weekend to see if I continue to have any issues.  No black flashing so far at least!
passballtotucker
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/07/19 11:29:51 (permalink)
 There's also another minor issue. Whenever my computer wakes from sleep, a "G-sync display connected" message will keep popping up for a few minutes. 
post edited by passballtotucker - 2015/07/19 11:49:05

Attached Image(s)

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/07/20 09:21:10 (permalink)
passballtotucker
 There's also another minor issue. Whenever my computer wakes from sleep, a "G-sync display connected" message will keep popping up for a few minutes. 

Turn off sleep-mode.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
lifesbane
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/07/22 13:50:35 (permalink)
Just following up -- replacing the included cable worked for me as well.  Haven't had any more flashing or screen corruption since.  I ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E2U8EE
vegnar
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/07/23 23:17:51 (permalink)
Hi all,

I don't own an EVGA card, I wanted the Hybird Ti but never in stock so I decided to get the G1.  But I have this monitor and over the Acer forum there isn't any help or answer from Acer,  most of us think it might be a Nvidia driver issue or the video cards but seeing that these same issues are happening with different brands (Giga, EVGA,etc) tells me is more of a monitor issue.

This week I received both my Acer XB270HU and Ti G1 and basically I'm experiencing the very same problems listed here constant flickering and fuzzy/blurryness. Eben turning off G-sync doesn't help or lowering the refresh rate  the flickering still happens.

I'm going to also order a different DP cable too see if this fixes it, I just wanted to add my 2 cents, I first thought it's got to be my video card but I get no flickering on my 1080p monitor, a few of us might think is video card issue and it might be at the end but who knows, perhaps the issue is that we got 4 potential things that could be affecting it.

1. Is is the G-Sync module ?
2. Is is the monitor itself?
3. Nvidia Driver ?
4. Is it the DP cable?

Thats the problem when you have 3-4 different companies trying to make things compatible with each other.
post edited by vegnar - 2015/07/23 23:21:43
shaunster
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/08/02 16:27:14 (permalink)
Hey guys,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to conversation. I'm having the same issues with my new Acer XB270HU monitor and using a longer displayport cable.

I picked up a Startech 10 foot cable because the one included with the monitor is too short for me. When I use the longer cable I am unable to get any refresh rates above 85Hz. At first I thought the cable was faulty and I did some digging to see if Startech was a good brand. From what I read they seem to be pretty good. So after, I tried fooling around with the cable. Trying to wiggle it in and out on the back of the monitor and the video card and I noticed that sometimes when I plugged it in I could reach 100hz and sometimes only 85hz. I thought that was weird. And at the end of it I just figured the cable was broken and I had to get a new one. So back to the store I went. I told the computer guys my problem and they thought it was weird too. I asked them if cables are ever faulty and they said not really but it can happen. So what I did was I asked them to get me a new cable and I asked them to try it on one of their monitors. And just as a caveat, they didn't use an Acer XB270HU, just some random monitor they knew would reach 144hz. The guy plugged the new cable in and I watched him go to change the refresh rate and violla! There was 144hz. No issues. The new cable was fine, or so I thought. I came home... plugged the new cable in and nope, 85hz. What the hell??? 

So I'm wondering... a lot of you here are saying that 10 feet displayport cables are too long... but as I said, I watched the guy use a 10 foot cable and reach 144hz. Is it maybe because that monitor didn't have g-sync or something? Could there be too much information being passed through the cable when using an Acer XB270HU? High resolution, g-sync, etc? And why was it that I was able to sometimes reach 100hz but mostly only 85hz with the longer cable? It's pretty lame that cable length could be an issue with using displayport over 6 feet. 

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum. I'm sure we'll fine an answer to these problems soon enough.

vegnar
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/08/02 21:39:53 (permalink)
shaunster
Hey guys,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to conversation. I'm having the same issues with my new Acer XB270HU monitor and using a longer displayport cable.

I picked up a Startech 10 foot cable because the one included with the monitor is too short for me. When I use the longer cable I am unable to get any refresh rates above 85Hz. At first I thought the cable was faulty and I did some digging to see if Startech was a good brand. From what I read they seem to be pretty good. So after, I tried fooling around with the cable. Trying to wiggle it in and out on the back of the monitor and the video card and I noticed that sometimes when I plugged it in I could reach 100hz and sometimes only 85hz. I thought that was weird. And at the end of it I just figured the cable was broken and I had to get a new one. So back to the store I went. I told the computer guys my problem and they thought it was weird too. I asked them if cables are ever faulty and they said not really but it can happen. So what I did was I asked them to get me a new cable and I asked them to try it on one of their monitors. And just as a caveat, they didn't use an Acer XB270HU, just some random monitor they knew would reach 144hz. The guy plugged the new cable in and I watched him go to change the refresh rate and violla! There was 144hz. No issues. The new cable was fine, or so I thought. I came home... plugged the new cable in and nope, 85hz. What the hell??? 

So I'm wondering... a lot of you here are saying that 10 feet displayport cables are too long... but as I said, I watched the guy use a 10 foot cable and reach 144hz. Is it maybe because that monitor didn't have g-sync or something? Could there be too much information being passed through the cable when using an Acer XB270HU? High resolution, g-sync, etc? And why was it that I was able to sometimes reach 100hz but mostly only 85hz with the longer cable? It's pretty lame that cable length could be an issue with using displayport over 6 feet. 

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum. I'm sure we'll fine an answer to these problems soon enough.

I should report that a new cable solved all my problems.   What's funny is that I had a DP cable that I received back in 2008 when I bought my Dell Ultrasharp, I had forgotten that I had that cable, the cable is 10" too so who knows, I'm happy my issue was fixed I can set 144 /gsync , not a single flicker since the new cable.

So just get a new cable and keep trying one until it's fixed.    Now the only thing is that if you run your refresh rate at 144 the gpu won't downclock but that is an issue with 144hz it seems.
sahafiec
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/08/02 22:26:54 (permalink)
interesting so many user have seen this issue.
I had it only twice with my 980 SC and Asus VG248qe within the last 2 months.
I'm using an 1,5m DP cable, bought it new and it's actually doing a good job.
both times I had this issue (on Win8.1 Pro) I had turned off the monitor with the rig still running.
when I turned the monitor on again I saw that fuzziness, was really confusing.
both times a reboot fixed the issue, haven't had it since the upgrade to Windows 10.
but I'm keeping an eye on that for sure...
post edited by sahafiec - 2015/08/02 22:30:44

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

shaunster
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Black screen and fuzzy video using display port with 980 and acer xb270hu 2015/08/02 22:52:42 (permalink)
vegnar
shaunster
Hey guys,

I should report that a new cable solved all my problems.   What's funny is that I had a DP cable that I received back in 2008 when I bought my Dell Ultrasharp, I had forgotten that I had that cable, the cable is 10" too so who knows, I'm happy my issue was fixed I can set 144 /gsync , not a single flicker since the new cable.

So just get a new cable and keep trying one until it's fixed.    Now the only thing is that if you run your refresh rate at 144 the gpu won't downclock but that is an issue with 144hz it seems.

You just reminded me that I had bought a dell ultrasharp back in 2013 so I went to see if it came with a DP cable and nope, just a DVI-DL Cable. It sucks that I would have to keep buying cables in hope that one will work. And I just had to move my rig under my desk so I could use the short DP cable that came with my XB270HU :(
post edited by shaunster - 2015/08/02 22:54:57
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile