Asus announce the ROG Strix PCIe Riser Cable

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 84141
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2019/12/01 01:16:27 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/components/james-dawson/asus-announce-the-rog-strix-pcie-riser-cable/

Asus has launched a new product that will help users to mount their graphics cards vertically with the ROG Strix Riser Cable. The new cable from Asus is possibly the company’s first ROG Strix product in years to not feature any RGB lighting, which will please some of the PC modding community purists. The Asus ROG Strix PCIe Riser Cable includes a thick base plate that also doubles up as a PCB, with a metal-reinforced PCIe X16 slot for extra durability. The patented Asus ‘Safe Slot’ is the same one as used in many of Asus’ premium ROG branded motherboards and features a manufacturing process that integrates fortifying metal and additional solder points. 
Overall length of the ROG Strix Riser Cable is 240mm so should provide the length needed for vertical GPU mounting in most modern PC cases. 

Expect the Asus ROG Strix PCIe Riser Cable to be available soon. However, the company has not yet officially confirmed pricing or availability.

I have to admit that I like the very slim cable design. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Asus announce the ROG Strix PCIe Riser Cable 2019/12/01 02:42:14 (permalink)
    I like that they didn't really brand it with any annoying ROG branding or color it. Makes it look plain but for a PCIe riser cable you really don't want people to notice it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30689
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: Asus announce the ROG Strix PCIe Riser Cable 2019/12/01 20:52:02 (permalink)
    nice design

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile