EVGA

Asus XONAR DX Drivers Corrupt, What Can I Use To Totally Remove Without Uninstall File

Author
keith22
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 11
2011/08/29 09:30:49 (permalink)
So for some reason my Asus XONAR DX drivers messed up really bad on me and I am in a super annoying situation now. Only my center speaker (I have 5.1 Surround) was working along with my bass I noticed this morning. It seemed like the Asus Xonar DX control panel was working just fine, but then I noticed something weird.

I was going to try and re-install the drivers so I headed over first thing to the control panel to uninstall the drivers. I found that they weren't listed in uninstall programs so I started getting confused. I then looked over in Start > All Programs > Asus Xonar DX > When I clicked on it, it said (Empty) in the file folder as if there were no files there to be found. 

I then proceeded to do something I probably shouldn't have done but who knows. I went to the installation folder and deleted all the Asus Xonar DX files that were in it permanently. I also did a search in my C: drive which is where it was installer for "xonar" and deleted all the files out of that location that I was allowed to. For two of the files it said I needed to be the SYSTEM user or something and would not allow me to delete them.

What im looking for at this point is a program that cleans up bad installations / program uninstalls. I have searched for it on the forum but could not find something of the sort. I would imagine it would be a registry cleaner of some sort or something. 

Could anyone help me out with this issue?

The Asus XONAR DX is still listed in my device manager as well. If I uninstall it and restart my computer, it will find it again and list it. 

I tried also to re-install it after I seen that after a restart it would still find the card, but in the installation itself it does not find that the card is plugged in.....?? It will say "Please Insert ASUS Xonar DX Sound Card to Continue" or something of the sort. 

Such an annoying issue! I have had nothing but problems for the most part with this card and I am pretty close to getting rid of it. I have a youtube issue as well where only the center speaker works unless I use the DivX web player which only works on some videos. 

Thanks a ton for your time, Keith 

2 Replies Related Threads

MmmmmisterCrow
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1655
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re:Asus XONAR DX Drivers Corrupt, What Can I Use To Totally Remove Without Uninstall File 2011/08/29 11:01:17 (permalink)
    Try these programs, then reinstall the drivers.

CC Cleaner
    Revo uninstaller

Good luck!

pagelm
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 831
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re:Asus XONAR DX Drivers Corrupt, What Can I Use To Totally Remove Without Uninstall File 2011/08/29 15:26:41 (permalink)
    Another option: uninstall your drivers (undo the re-install you did) and the device listing, shut off the computer, remove the card from your computer, start your computer (no detected card), shut down your computer, re-insert your card, turn on your computer, re-install the drivers.  Sometimes the computer needs to be in windows one time with no trace of the device or drivers to "reset" itself.

If that doesn't work, change the last few steps to
    shut down your computer with no device physically present, attempt to install the drivers, it'll ask you to install the hardware, so turn off your computer if it requests a turn off or restart, then install your card and start your computer up.  Some driver install programs want you to install their software before the hardware before it puts the final version of the driver on your computer.

Or if CCCleaner doesn't solve your woes, make an image backup of your system, uninstall your drivers, then search through your registry (regedit.exe using the find option) the directory name (e.g. "/XONAR_DX") of your soundcard and delete keys that look relevant.  If you over-delete and windows won't boot, that's what your image backup is for.

Good luck.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile