Another RMA card not working correctly

Author
xoriam
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/09/13 08:11:46 (permalink)
Hello,

I currently have a EVGA 1060 6GB. This is an RMA card in a chain of 3 or 4 RMAs....
I honestly seem to have the worst luck when getting your video card products it seems. On the other hand my power supplies have had 0 issues.
It's been a while since I received this one now, it's been having issues since I got it. I figured I would wait a while and see if some new drivers would fix the problem, and now after quite some time it has not happened.
This is really dissapointing because I feel like you guys probably are not going to Help me out considering how many times in a row this has happened and the time frame...

The issue with this one is, random black screen hard lockups out of nowhere. I've put it in 2 systems to rule out it being another hardware issue as well. (the card from the other system I have had since 2014 and it still has no problems at all)
Another problem is driver crashes when playing high usage games, best example is RE2Remake when playing at 120fps and streaming.
The black screen crash is hard to replicate because it is 100% random, it can happen even when not playing a game at all.
However the Driver crash is extremely easy to replicate and tends to happen within a few hours of the situation I described just before.

This is a really bad situation for me because I am no where near financially stable at the moment to be able to purchase a new card and I really doubt I will be anytime in the near future.

3 Replies Related Threads

DRY_ICE
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 160
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Another RMA card not working correctly 2019/09/13 12:52:36 (permalink)
    That does sound very abnormal and *almost* unbelievable for that much bad luck regardless of the company - with EVGA in my opinion over many cards and many years being one of the best.

I would highly suspect some sort of hardware issue elsewhere in your setup, and at this point of you've been trying other systems try to think outside of the box. Don't discount damaged motherboards or faulty cables etc - sometimes some of the least likely sounding suspects can cause a lot of grief.

I'd be curious to see what EVGA has to say about the cards you've been sending back as well.

109below.com
    xoriam
    • Total Posts : 11
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Another RMA card not working correctly 2019/09/13 15:08:30 (permalink)
    Like I said, it's been tested in another PC as well.

Everything else i have purchased from EVGA has been great, including my other GPU. but my main gpu i just can't get a good one for some reason.

The conversations I've had with EVGA when I went through the previous RMA processes they confirmed that the cards were faulty.
    DRY_ICE
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 160
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Another RMA card not working correctly 2019/09/14 00:46:02 (permalink)
    Your failure rate sounds pretty outrageous, but if EVGA is saying they're faulty then they are.

Doesn't sound like there's anything else you can do other than continue to work with EVGA and/or deeply inspect your rig and environment.

109below.com
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile