AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 08:57:52 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
atfrico
If Nvidia sue AMD for the name scheme, i have my false advertisement lawsuit ready and waiting to be filed to Nvidia

Nvidia has filed trademarks for 3080, 4080, and 5080

https://www.techspot.com/news/80234-nvidia-has-filed-trademarks-3080-4080-5080.html

seems AMD might have a bit of dancing to do

I am glad i am part of the 1%
The name was established and announced by AMD before the trademark, so Nvidia has not a slight argument about that. It's like me copyrighting RT/RX names for a product not even release yet, but AMD and Nvidia is using them now, come on McFlies, think!
Another example, a friend of mine real name initials are FEMA, 2 first name and 2 last names, he customed his car plate to that name, you think Fema is going to sue my friend for using the same initials as theirs? 
post edited by atfrico - 2019/05/26 09:01:00

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18939
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 09:26:42 (permalink)
atfrico
Another example, a friend of mine real name initials are FEMA, 2 first name and 2 last names, he customed his car plate to that name, you think Fema is going to sue my friend for using the same initials as theirs? 

Depends on who at the DMV happens to have that application land on their desk - I would not have been surprised if it had been denied. Also, FEMA is not a for-profit organization, so really it's not the best analogy, plus those are his initials after all. What *is* clear to almost everyone is that AMD look to be trying to piggyback off NVidia's naming scheme.. seems pretty damn obvious to me certainly. There's the argument that AMD are trying to line it up with their processors (Ryzen 3000), but that argument completely falls apart when it is alleged that AMD are using 3080, 3070, and 3060 naming scheme for their GPU's... I don't see the point in denying the obvious. Whether NVidia can win a case against them for doing it is another argument entirely.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 09:37:23 (permalink)
Nereus
atfrico

Depends on who at the DMV happens to have that application land on their desk - I would not have been surprised if it had been denied. Also, FEMA is not a for-profit organization, so really it's not the best analogy, plus those are his initials after all. What *is* clear to almost everyone is that AMD look to be trying to piggyback off NVidia's naming scheme.. seems pretty damn obvious to me certainly. There's the argument that AMD are trying to line it up with their processors (Ryzen 3000), but that argument completely falls apart when it is alleged that AMD are using 3080, 3070, and 3060 naming scheme for their GPU's... I don't see the point in denying the obvious. Whether NVidia can win a case against them for doing it is another argument entirely.

That alone will be the argument AMD will have to dispute of the so called Law suit for Nvidia name scheme. AMD has not done this to Nvidia in the past and nor has a history Nvidia has (not even a comparison). What is obvious now Nvidia is desperate (now that they are being sue), that is something many of you seemed not to comprehend, but it is ok though focus on the distractions and not on the facts.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

starsmine
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 890
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 10:05:50 (permalink)
atfrico
Nereus
atfrico

That alone will be the argument AMD will have to dispute of the so called Law suit for Nvidia name scheme. AMD has not done this to Nvidia in the past and nor has a history Nvidia has (not even a comparison). What is obvious now Nvidia is desperate (now that they are being sue), that is something many of you seemed not to comprehend, but it is ok though focus on the distractions and not on the facts.

No, the fact you cant trademark numbers alone is all, AMD doesnt even need to get into the argument.
There is a reason pentium exists guys, intel already tried this. 
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 10:34:18 (permalink)
starsmine
atfrico
Nereus
atfrico

No, the fact you cant trademark numbers alone is all, AMD doesnt even need to get into the argument.

Good point though, but i was aiming the most understandable conclusion of AMD having the product in place with 3080 and Nvidia has not?  The judge is going to dismiss this very quick.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 10:57:43 (permalink)
atfrico
starsmine
atfrico
Nereus
atfrico

Good point though, but i was aiming the most understandable conclusion of AMD having the product in place with 3080 and Nvidia has not?  The judge is going to dismiss this very quick.

To reiterate: "There's the argument that AMD are trying to line it up with their processors (Ryzen 3000), but that argument completely falls apart when it is alleged that AMD are using 3080, 3070, and 3060 naming scheme for their GPU's..."
You'd have to be intentionally obtuse, an AMD fanboy/girl, or mentally retarded (none of which are mutually exclusive lol) not to see the issue here. Again, it may not hold up in court if NVidia sued AMD, however to pretty much any reasonable person it's still a clear attempt to to piggyback off NVidia's naming scheme. If it was just to go in line with the Ryzen 3000 CPU, then why use RX 3080, 3070, 3060, when it is clear this would be the next naming series for NVidia's line (RTX 3080, 3070, 3060 and maybe 3050 down the line)? Deny it all you like, the only person you're fooling is yourself. If AMD were not trying to rip off NVidia's naming scheme, then they'd call it Navi 3000, or N3000 (N for Navi) and then maybe N3100, N3200, N3300.. or something similar like they have used in the past, and that would also keep it in line with their CPU series.. THAT would make sense, but otherwise this is just too blatant an attempt to be anything but piggybacking off NVidia's naming scheme.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

starsmine
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 890
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 11:49:31 (permalink)
Depends on the goal. Like if the RX 3080 has similar performance to the rtx 2080, then I see this does not confuse but rather makes it clearer to the consumer. Honestly this is far better then amd's old naming scheme where at a glance you dont know how things compare, even in their respective product stack, is the 580 the best AMD card in that generation, no the vega 64 is... the heck is a vega 64 and how does that compare to say an rtx 2060?

Hell Vega VII is better then the 64, yet the Vega 10 is the bottom of the stack vega.

This is nothing new, to amd even, Back before Athlon, or hell even in Athlon xp when compared to the pentium 4, it would be the same name as intel, but then the "equivalent" clock. Like AMD K5 PR133 which ran at 100MHZ but equivalent to a pentium at 133mhz (supposedly, and only in terms of INT performance)

The people in the know go off bunchmarks anyways, not the name, and those who dont know only need to have a vauge ballpark.
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 11:56:44 (permalink)
Obviously the only way to resolve this is to have graphics cards manufactures name their cards like truck manufactures Year and a couple different tiers to denote different performance levels. Maybe that will keep everyone from crying that one company wishes to use the same sequence of numbers as another.

The all new 2019 Nvidia 1500, 2500, and 3500 get them NOW! Next year The all new 2020 Nvidia 1500, 2500, 3500

Maybe we should all gripe that nvidia started using RTX which is dangerously close to Radeons RX naming. SMH.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 13:00:40 (permalink)
Watch AMD’s Computex Keynote Here For Zen 2, Navi & More – Live in 6 hours 
The keynote officially kicks off at 10 AM Monday morning May 27 in Taipei. For folks in the US that’s 7 PM Pacific Time on Sunday May 26, or 10 PM Eastern Time.

https://wccftech.com/watch-amds-computex-keynote-here-for-zen-2-navi-more-live-in-9-hours/

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 13:53:42 (permalink)
starsmine

This pretty much sums it all. We have a vega RX 480 GPU dont we?

Bruno747

Maybe we should all gripe that nvidia started using RTX which is dangerously close to Radeons RX naming. SMH.

Yes sir, yet Nereus lives in a Nvidia life only bubble like many others.  Thank you for keeping it real 

Nereus

To reiterate: "There's the argument that AMD are trying to line it up with their processors (Ryzen 3000), but that argument completely falls apart when it is alleged that AMD are using 3080, 3070, and 3060 naming scheme for their GPU's..."
You'd have to be intentionally obtuse, an AMD fanboy/girl, or mentally retarded (none of which are mutually exclusive lol) not to see the issue here. Again, it may not hold up in court if NVidia sued AMD, however to pretty much any reasonable person it's still a clear attempt to to piggyback off NVidia's naming scheme. If it was just to go in line with the Ryzen 3000 CPU, then why use RX 3080, 3070, 3060, when it is clear this would be the next naming series for NVidia's line (RTX 3080, 3070, 3060 and maybe 3050 down the line)? Deny it all you like, the only person you're fooling is yourself. If AMD were not trying to rip off NVidia's naming scheme, then they'd call it Navi 3000, or N3000 (N for Navi) and then maybe N3100, N3200, N3300.. or something similar like they have used in the past, and that would also keep it in line with their CPU series.. THAT would make sense, but otherwise this is just too blatant an attempt to be anything but piggybacking off NVidia's naming scheme.

Fanboy...lmao. You are displaying that as a matter of fact you are going the same route Kram went, using the name calling, lack of understanding and not being optimistic about a subject that is ludicrous to discuss because Nvidia, the company you and many other defends is so desperate to make headlines like the Kardasians to distract you from the facts.

So everyone grab a popcorn because this is another member, sadly, who is going to be schooled by me.

Keep defending the company Nvidia that destroyed other companies, such as 3dfx, Aegia, etc. I am not. I am done defending a company whose sales pitch is selling lies after lies and manipulates the market to its own benefit.  Funny, this is the word,  you like many others in this forum who defends Nvidia never called out foul when Nvidia has done the same over the years to other companies.

There is an AMD RX 480 GPU is it not?  WHO USED THE RX name all this time? Answer that, yet Nvidia change the line up from GTX to RT, something similar to the name AMD has been using over the years, yet AMD or its fanboys never argued about that right?  You see the same number 480?  sounds familiar? GTX 480, anyone?  so again, what in the flying duck are you arguing about piggyback who? I am not denying anything. Nvidia started this nonsense and once again, you and many others seem to really not get it even if i post link to tell you the truth and post it in your face. You want to keep yourself in that ignorant bubble by all means do, i so i can enjoy myself watching you and others make a fool out of yourselves making nonsense arguments for a topic that is not even going to take place, is just a RUMOR, you are arguing over a rumor not a fact, so please continue, this is the type of programming most of you follow.

Talking about lawsuit, this is the reason why AMD is getting back to Nvidia. AMD is not as desperate as Nvidia is want to know why grasshopper? Because you so called Nvidia will soon be erased from the competition thanks to Intel getting Nvidia's people and the new introduction of a hybrid CPU/GPU chip in development made by AMD and Intel, that is right, it is coming and guess what?  Nvidia cant produce that due to not having a license to produce CPUs
Why dont you go bash at Intel's forums that Intel is stealing AMD and Nvidia's top players. 

Again wake the freak out. The one fooling is yourself and the many other members defending Nvidia.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 15:23:05 (permalink)
atfrico
starsmine

This pretty much sums it all. We have a vega RX 480 GPU dont we?
Bruno747

Yes sir, yet Nereus lives in a Nvidia life only bubble like many others.  Thank you for keeping it real 
Nereus
To reiterate: "There's the argument that AMD are trying to line it up with their processors (Ryzen 3000), but that argument completely falls apart when it is alleged that AMD are using 3080, 3070, and 3060 naming scheme for their GPU's..."

Fanboy...lmao. You are displaying that as a matter of fact you are going the same route Kram went, using the name calling, lack of understanding and not being optimistic about a subject that is ludicrous to discuss because Nvidia, the company you and many other defends is so desperate to make headlines like the Kardasians to distract you from the facts.

So everyone grab a popcorn because this is another member, sadly, who is going to be schooled by me.

Keep defending the company Nvidia that destroyed other companies, such as 3dfx, Aegia, etc. I am not. I am done defending a company whose sales pitch is selling lies after lies and manipulates the market to its own benefit.  Funny, this is the word,  you like many others in this forum who defends Nvidia never called out foul when Nvidia has done the same over the years to other companies.

There is an AMD RX 480 GPU is it not?  WHO USED THE RX name all this time? Answer that, yet Nvidia change the line up from GTX to RT, something similar to the name AMD has been using over the years, yet AMD or its fanboys never argued about that right?  You see the same number 480?  sounds familiar? GTX 480, anyone?  so again, what in the flying duck are you arguing about piggyback who? I am not denying anything. Nvidia started this nonsense and once again, you and many others seem to really not get it even if i post link to tell you the truth and post it in your face. You want to keep yourself in that ignorant bubble by all means do, i so i can enjoy myself watching you and others make a fool out of yourselves making nonsense arguments for a topic that is not even going to take place, is just a RUMOR, you are arguing over a rumor not a fact, so please continue, this is the type of programming most of you follow.

Talking about lawsuit, this is the reason why AMD is getting back to Nvidia. AMD is not as desperate as Nvidia is want to know why grasshopper? Because you so called Nvidia will soon be erased from the competition thanks to Intel getting Nvidia's people and the new introduction of a hybrid CPU/GPU chip in development made by AMD and Intel, that is right, it is coming and guess what?  Nvidia cant produce that due to not having a license to produce CPUs
Why dont you go bash at Intel's forums that Intel is stealing AMD and Nvidia's top players. 

Again wake the freak out. The one fooling is yourself and the many other members defending Nvidia.

Dude, don't cry, I didn't mean to upset you! Really idgaf about NVidia; I don't own shares in the company, I have actually owned several AMD Radeon cards in the distant past, and I think NVidia top-line consumer (read gaming) cards are way overpriced in the last couple of years. The fact that I haven't purchased a new GPU for over 2 & half years kind of makes calling me a fan boy somewhat hilarious. Imho, NVidia no longer seem to be as cutting edge as they used to be, but more reactive to what AMD are doing - just like Intel is - and they seem to be creating gimmicks to remain competitive (I'm not sold on ray tracing just yet), so your laughable claims of 'schooling a NVidia fan boy' fall flat and just make you look like a dick, sorry!

GTX -> RTX because of ray tracing.. lol, but yes, AMD have been using RX for ages, as NVidia have been using GTX. Mazda have had the RX7 since 1978..OMG! ..your point is? Again.. if AMD used something like N3000 (N for Navi) and then maybe N3100, N3200, N3300.. or something similar like they have used in the past which would also keep it in line with their CPU series.. THAT would make sense, but using 3080, 3070 and 3060.. if you can honestly say with a straight face that it isn't using NVidia's naming convention/scheme, then I am right, you're just being intentionally obtuse (or one of the other options lol).

I'm not defending NVidia, I'm calling out AMD for making a dick move. Understand the difference.

One last thing - I don't think I've seen anywhere directly from AMD that they are calling it 3080 / 3070 / 3060, only that it's called Navi and probably RX and maybe something associated with 3000 ...but everything else I've seen is second-hand (feel free to link if I'm wrong here), so this entire thread may be bs based on some knob-gobbling troll, so that makes us the idiots.

This is an interesting article on the topic.

post edited by Nereus - 2019/05/26 15:41:34

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 15:56:55 (permalink)
Your assumptions alone Nereus is considered trolling. Assumptions are just illusions and illusions are deceptions. What type of gain you get from assuming?  Can you answer that? or should i downgrade the smart question to your education level?
You are crying, I am not. The thread derailed the moment people are discussing or arguing about numbers of card that is already in production and testing, what is the point of filing a copyright of numbers? really?  I was very clear from the beginning, i dont care about the name, i care about the performance. There are some many shady practices people are focus on a number.....lol.
I am going to start covering my fingers with tin foil paper instead of my head. 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 16:28:30 (permalink)
atfrico
Your assumptions alone Nereus is considered trolling. Assumptions are just illusions and illusions are deceptions. What type of gain you get from assuming?  Can you answer that? or should i downgrade the smart question to your education level?
You are crying, I am not. The thread derailed the moment people are discussing or arguing about numbers of card that is already in production and testing, what is the point of filing a copyright of numbers? really?  I was very clear from the beginning, i dont care about the name, i care about the performance. There are some many shady practices people are focus on a number.....lol.

LOLWUT?  Did you even read what you wrote before hitting that 'submit post' button?

For someone who doesn't care, you sure seem to be making a big issue about it!

Here, have a tissue...

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 16:47:01 (permalink)

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 17:00:17 (permalink)
If you look at trademark info - yes you can trademark numbers

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=72350803&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Here is 747 Trademarked by Boeing. I guess 747 isn't a number?

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=75439039&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Here is the number 1 trademarked by Dale Earnhardt. Who knew the Number 1 wasn't a number?

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=74597692&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch - 33 is trademarked
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=73788555&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch - 5 is trademarked
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=73768165&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch - 501 is trademarked
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=75717545&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch - 8675309 is trademarked
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=72172718&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch - 31 is trademarked
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=73127572&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch - 57 is trademarked

You can definitely trademark numbers.

trademark was filed before AMD USED it

the trademark would keep anyone in the same market from using it

like a carmaker could not copy a porsche 901 - like peugot 901

or like boeing 747 vs Airbus 747

or levi  501's 

or make another 57 sauce

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2019/05/26 17:13:42

lehpron
Regular Guy
  • Total Posts : 16254
  • Ribbons : 191
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 17:29:43 (permalink)
Nereus
It seems NVidia thinks differently, Lehpron.   Granted, NVidia may not win the trademark case (not sure you can trademark numbers, plus there's the history of Intel losing a similar case), but still, denying that AMD are attempting to piggyback off NVidia's branding scheme is a little imperceptive.
Frankly, I'm impressed for being wrong at nVidia that they wouldn't do anything about it, but it doesn't change my opinion on the matter that it isn't a big deal.  

From Techspot:
Nvidia isn't exactly innocent here either, pivoting from the recognizable GTX to RTX, begging confusion with AMD's RX series.
  Fact is, right now, it isn't about the numbers, any litigation will come down to the account of a single letter "T" (RTX3080 versus RX3080).  

I will accept that nVidia knows more about the issue than any of us, they know the attitudes of their various customer types.  Except that Enthusiasts have done their homework, we can tell the difference.  Average folks can't tell but don't buy parts, they get whole pre-builts; so it's up to the OEMs to market stuff and get it sold.  The majority of sales are coming from OEMs, it's not like they will get confused buying thousands to millions at a time of the wrong product. 
post edited by lehpron - 2019/05/26 17:41:12

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 18:07:42 (permalink)
Nereus
atfrico

LOLWUT?  Did you even read what you wrote before hitting that 'submit post' button?

For someone who doesn't care, you sure seem to be making a big issue about it!

Here, have a tissue...

Thank you for the tissue, it entertains me you did not answer the question. Proving my point, you are not to that level of comprehension yet or show respect towards someone who is asking you a simple question. Choosing to ignore determines the outcome of your own wrong assumptions.

I tell you what, I bet the 3080 copyright fiasco will land in a dismissal. That is my take. If i am wrong, this will be an accomplishment from Nvidia.

post edited by atfrico - 2019/05/26 18:11:16

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 18:37:51 (permalink)

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 19:48:18 (permalink)
Radeeon RX 5700

So like they changed naming pretty quickly

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2019/05/26 19:50:23

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 20:02:30 (permalink)
AMD Previews First 7nm Gaming Navi GPU: Radeon RX 5700 GPU, 10% Performance Uplift Over RTX 2070
What's 10% when you've been hyping up 7nm for a while now and Nvidia is using 12nm? 

Where are the heavy hitters?!

(AMD Shareholders, don't take my posts personal.  Thank you) 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 20:06:45 (permalink)
getting 10% more on 12nm 2070 samples(binning) and refined process ..it won't be that difficult

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10107
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 20:14:36 (permalink)
The fact is why would AMD need to call it the 3080? Gamers would buy it if the benchmarks come out beating NVIDIA. At that point it could be called the 1 and people would buy it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 20:25:10 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
AMD Previews First 7nm Gaming Navi GPU: Radeon RX 5700 GPU, 10% Performance Uplift Over RTX 2070

What's 10% when you've been hyping up 7nm for a while now and Nvidia is using 12nm? 

Where are the heavy hitters?!

(AMD Shareholders, don't take my posts personal.  Thank you) 

Rub the piggie bank/money yard and i guarantee the CEO from Nvidia will pop out instead of a Genie

It is ok. Nvidia finally accomplished something without destroying dismantling a company. I will keep this thread in mind for karma purposes and btw, i will file that false advertisement suit....
It's 10% for now...the fat lady has not sing yet.
post edited by atfrico - 2019/05/26 20:30:05

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 20:40:44 (permalink)
AMD Launches RDNA Macro Architecture: PCIe 4.0, 1.25x IPC And 1.5x Performance Per Watt Upgrade Over GCN 
https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-macro-architecture/

what so great about that.... the shrink gave you the 50% increase in power saving and it should give at least 30% increase in performance

after all you are increasing the number of Transistors on a wafer - full shrink is like 3x more 

at this rate Nvidias 7nm will literally crush this

lehpron
Regular Guy
  • Total Posts : 16254
  • Ribbons : 191
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 20:57:40 (permalink)
GTXJackBauerWhat's 10% when you've been hyping up 7nm for a while now and Nvidia is using 12nm?
Officially AMD hasn't been hyping anything, that's their fans, they are too excited and don't take rumors with salt.  That wouldn't be bad except when what they hope for doesn't happen, they blame AMD and not themselves for basically making stuff up.  Anything official about 7nm will only come from AMD's websites and presentations, and they don't say much, vague on purpose.

In truth, if we go by this older April 2018 rumor from Tweaktown that it was supposed to have GTX1080 performance at GTX1060 price.  GTX1080 is between RTX2060 and RTX2070 now.  I don't know where anyone got the idea that Navi was supposed to be faster, I guess few pay attention.

C'mon you should know that each of AMD's stream processors are 50-60% slower than nVidia's CUDA, it's the reason why AMD is dependent on smaller process nodes and fancy tech like HBM, they just need more stream processors which makes things hot and use power.  In other words, at the same process tech and core/clock configuration, AMD would be 50-60% slower than nVidia.  

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 21:12:07 (permalink)
ROFL, max trolling Nvidia trademarks 2080,3080,4080. AMD's new gpus officially announced as 5000 series because "50th anniversary"

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 21:58:34 (permalink)

lol.. so, as I posted earlier, "One last thing - I don't think I've seen anywhere directly from AMD that they are calling it 3080 / 3070 / 3060, only that it's called Navi and probably RX and maybe something associated with 3000 ...but everything else I've seen is second-hand (feel free to link if I'm wrong here), so this entire thread may be bs based on some knob-gobbling troll, so that makes us the idiots."

Well played, knob-gobbling trolls, you got me and a few others here, including Atfrico, although he may not admit it. 

p.s. totally underwhelmed by this new release. I expect much the same with NVidia's 'SUPER' whatever tomorrow... likely just a refresh with minimal improvements.

post edited by Nereus - 2019/05/26 22:01:16

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 22:58:26 (permalink)
rjohnson11
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3397787/amd-ryzen-9-cpu-radeon-rx-5000-series-graphics-cards.html

AMD Monday dropped its long-awaited 12-core Ryzen 9 3900X at Computex on Monday, saying that it will outpace Intel’s 12-core CPUs for almost a third to half the price—and that’s just an inkling of AMD’s 7nm onslaught against Intel and Nvidia.

The most anticipated news, though, was AMD's Ryzen 9 3900X CPU. Su said the 12-core Ryzen 9 will have a boost clock of 4.6GHz with a base clock of 3.8GHz. The Ryzen 9 3900X will also pack in 70MB of cache and cost just $499. That's incredibly aggressive, especially when you consider that rival Intel wants $1,199 for its 12-core Core i9-9920X. Intel's core-count per dollar value looks even worse when you consider that AMD claims the Ryzen 9 3900X will outperform it by 14 percent in single-threaded tasks in Maxon’s new Cinebench R20 and 6 percent in multi-threaded tasks. It’s not just Cinebench R20 either. During the keynote, Su showed the Ryzen 9 3900X throwing down with $1,199 Core i9-9920X in a Blender demonstration too.

The Ryzen 7 3700X’s TDP is just as stunning though. With 8-cores and 16-threads, it’ll produce just 65W of heat and hit a boost clock of 4.4GHz with a base clock of 3.6GHz. A comparable 8-core, 8-thread Core i7-9700K will put out 95 watts (and often exceed that).

AMD said with the PCIe 4.0 support in the new Ryzen chips, combined with the PCIe 4.0 in X570 motherboards, plus the PCIe 4.0 in its new Radeon RX 5700, you basically have all the makings of the “world’s first PCIe 4.0-ready gaming PC.”

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/26 23:43:30 (permalink)
DERP!..............

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: AMD Navi RX 3080 Specs Leaked 2019/05/28 03:27:53 (permalink)
ASRock Shows Off Concept AMD Radeon RX 5000 Navi Graphics Card Designs – Two Variants In The Works, a 180W & 150W SKU

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5000-navi-gpu-7nm-asrock-two-variants-report/
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2019/05/28 03:30:31

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile