680i and Q9550 E0 step, tweaks requested if needed to work

Author
pittbull
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 203
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2017/08/12 09:00:41 (permalink)
what tweaks did you guys use to get this to working?

Reading threads seeing mentions of tweeks and chirp to clicking noise? The images are not available anymore I just pulled my unopened 680i board out as I got this old friend sent me a 780i FTW through the mail for my bday long time back, the 680i has been unopened/unused.

Going to throw my Q9550 E0 step in it. That was the most beasty core2quad OC to Cool Temps and also most stable OC, but my 780i fried PCI slot 1 possibly, if I recall correctly it would accept a old non PSU powered card 6600 but not even launch with PSU powered card.

Since this new build I have now got a huge media server on it 24/7. Emby to be exact and props to them they are the only product I have encountered to support their product even in the ballfield of EVGA Corp which is 2nd to no one in my book.

But back on topic I got to order a PSU, memory (sold 2 sets / 1 is in old gateway but wont suffice) and video card but wanting to find out all the input of issues I can correct before ending up in a bind later it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Build is strictly for Home Media Server powered by Emby
Evga 680i - 63-TR revision
Intel Q9550 E0 step
Evga 500 to 700 watt PSU
Evga video card
Memory still deciding

Due to pretty much becoming poor this year from almost breaking my neck and having to release 75% of my work shedule 2nd day of season to just fight through it and keep my small self business going I will most likely have to budget actually everything but definitely not skimp to lack performance even if I have to get 1 thing at a time.

Otherwise I would just build a new lower end system since Intel got wrecked and prices have dropped insanely.

1 Reply Related Threads

pittbull
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 203
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 680i and Q9550 E0 step, tweaks requested if needed to work 2018/01/28 03:48:25 (permalink)
    Forget that dropped my Q9550 into the 680i @ stock bios settings now my old BRAND NEW 680i just ook out of package first time is dead.

This happening because needed access to internet and move a 8TB drive to get all my passwords etc off because the bios update on my Z170 toasted my board or CPU so now I am sitting here on 3rd EVGA board a 50% fried 780i FTW where the PCIe lanes are toasted on a max RES of 800x600 and having screen tearing with each letter typed so I am probably going to be screwed the before my board ships out even @ 2.5days now slowest ever advanced RMA seen to date.

Ill be lucky if this board holds up throughout the day

Not sure why dropping my Q9550 killed the 680i that is ridiculous thing was seriously still unopened brand new and did work perfect when I had my E8400 in then put ther Q9550 in after cmos reset DEAD DEAD

z170 FTW - bios flash DEAD
    780i FTW - already half fried but on it now still working somehow PCIe lanes toasted it has the Q9550 in it now
    680i se - BRAND new just opened worked booting up first times with E8400 and is now toasted just from dropping stupid quad in it which is supported it states now all my backup and main rigs are toasted

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile