3080 TI Monitors shutting off randomly

Author
SSJVegeter
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/08/16 16:39:28 (permalink)
Hello all,

I've never had an issue with any of my EVGA cards, and I've been using a 3080 TI for a couple years now very lightly. I've never had an issue until around 2 weeks ago. Randomly, usually when nothing is happening, my two monitors will suddenly go black. No disconnect sound or anything, but it does seem like they are losing the DP signal.

Unfortunately, I have had a number of moving parts lately, and I'm not sure where to narrow it down.

-I migrated my build into a Hyte Y60 case. Stayed with the same components other than adding an additional RGB controller and SSD. I am using a corsair 1000HX PSU, running 2 NVME drives, 2 HDDs, one SATA SSD, and the 3080 TI. Everything seemed to go well after the switch, no issues but then...

-I added a new MSI Freesync monitor. Now I use two DP ports on the 3080 TI
-I also updated the 3080 TI drivers for the first time in a few months. I'm wondering if this is a driver issue, because I can't see how it's a power issue, since it happens when literally at the desktop running nothing. I did reseat the PCIE power cables in the GPU just to be safe.

I can't narrow down if this is a power issue, driver issue, settings issue, Freesync issue (I've read it can cause problems)...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I've seen this issue online but usually with more significant issues, such as full PC crash and the like. I also noticed an uptick in the last couple months from what I can see, which leads me to believe possible bad drivers.

6 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 8876
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: 3080 TI Monitors shutting off randomly 2024/08/16 16:51:23 (permalink)
    Do you have a HDMI cable that you could test the card with and see if maybe it's the display port cable causing the problem? Since HDMI cables are so easy to find around a house it's a good place to start testing.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

SSJVegeter
    Re: 3080 TI Monitors shutting off randomly 2024/08/16 17:47:43 (permalink)
    Yes, I'll swap one of the monitors to HDMI and see if it happens. If it does, I go one HDMI monitor only and see if it happens there as well.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30693
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: 3080 TI Monitors shutting off randomly 2024/08/17 12:46:28 (permalink)
    MSI Freesync monitor & second monitor?

Make sure Deep sleep is turned off in the monitor settings (known issue)

Lets make sure Windows is actually recognizing any new hardware, firmware & drivers
    Do a Windows shutdown:  First before you select shutdown -- Hold the shift key, keep shift key down until PC powers off

Next, pull the AC power to everything that connects to the PC, then hold power button 20 seconds. 

Now plug in power & boot PC

New Nvidia driver ? - maybe - good test, go back to old drivers

remove & reinstall the GPU - any possibility it is not full installed & level in the PCIe slot?  (do not remove or move GPU until after you unplug PC from all AC)

Have you already reviewed this thread?  Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

SSJVegeter
    Re: 3080 TI Monitors shutting off randomly 2024/08/21 12:47:51 (permalink)
    So, I've switched over to DP main and HDMI other monitor and had no issues. Maybe there was a problem with using both DP ports?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30693
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: 3080 TI Monitors shutting off randomly 2024/08/21 16:58:41 (permalink)
    SSJVegeter
    So, I've switched over to DP main and HDMI other monitor and had no issues. Maybe there was a problem with using both DP ports?

working better

you should be able to run multi DP

Could be one or several issues:
    - bad cable?
    - not using certified cables? How to Choose a DisplayPort Cable, and Not Get a Bad One! - DisplayPort
    - issue with card DP port?
    - issue with the monitor?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

safan80
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 330
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 3080 TI Monitors shutting off randomly 2024/08/31 23:28:11 (permalink)
    I had my 3080 Ti stop working on all ports.. Had to RMA. I am subbed to see if your card continues to work.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile