EVGA

2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!!

Author
RoloFuentes
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/08/22 10:18:54 (permalink)
Hello,
Hope someone could help me... I'm a bit frustrated.

I can't make this stuff to work
Its a Strix Z490 gaming and an EVGA 2080Super Hybrid. (08G-P4-3188-KR)

What I have done?
All drivers update (can't install Nvidia because it doesn't find any Nvidia hardware)
Install all utilities and drivers in the DVD (Mobo)
windows update
Bios update
Fans work (so for sure it has power)
Plug and unplugged it about 3 times from the PCI port
And so many things I have changed once at a time in the bios that I don't remember

All stuff is new (850watt PSU) / 16 GB ram / I5 10th gen K

Would be great if someone could help me, really I don't know what else to do

Thanks!! 

Atari 800 XL
Cassette player
12" Sony Trinitron color

7 Replies Related Threads

JdeFalconr
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: 2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!! 2020/08/22 10:45:50 (permalink)
    If you're doing things like fiddling with drivers and such it sounds like the video card is working in that it's sending a signal to the monitor, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do anything on your computer. I assume you do have your monitor's cable plugged into the video card, not any slots on your motherboard, right?

Based on that I would suggest finding whatever display adapter is listed in Windows, removing it and rebooting to have Windows re detect your device. If that fails I'd say either do some kind of repair on Windows or flat out nuke it and do a fresh install.

If that fails I'd call EVGA support. Could be some kind of defect with the card that's causing it not to be identified properly to the system or they can guide you in troubleshooting.

If the issue is that you can't get any display output unless you plug into the ports on your motherboard then I'd say first make sure you've connected the correct power cables to your video card (2080s hybrid takes two PCIe power connectors) and that you've correctly connected them onto your power supply. Make sure you use the power cables that came with your PSU as pinouts vary between power supplies. If that doesn't help I would clear CMOS on your motherboard to get it to audodetect which video device to use. If that fails update your BIOS. If that doesn't work and you've also tried all the PCIe slots on the board (to make sure you don't have a bad slot) then you probably have a bad video card and it's time to call EVGA support.
    post edited by JdeFalconr - 2020/08/22 10:51:06
    RoloFuentes
    Re: 2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!! 2020/08/22 11:02:14 (permalink)
    JdeFalconr
    If you're doing things like fiddling with drivers and such it sounds like the video card is working in that it's sending a signal to the monitor, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do anything on your computer. I assume you do have your monitor's cable plugged into the video card, not any slots on your motherboard, right?

Based on that I would suggest finding whatever display adapter is listed in Windows, removing it and rebooting to have Windows re detect your device. If that fails I'd say either do some kind of repair on Windows or flat out nuke it and do a fresh install.

If that fails I'd call EVGA support. Could be some kind of defect with the card that's causing it not to be identified properly to the system or they can guide you in troubleshooting.

If the issue is that you can't get any display output unless you plug into the ports on your motherboard then I'd say first make sure you've connected the correct power cables to your video card (2080s hybrid takes two PCIe power connectors) and that you've correctly connected them onto your power supply. Make sure you use the power cables that came with your PSU as pinouts vary between power supplies. If that doesn't help I would clear CMOS on your motherboard to get it to audodetect which video device to use. If that fails update your BIOS. If that doesn't work and you've also tried all the PCIe slots on the board (to make sure you don't have a bad slot) then you probably have a bad video card and it's time to call EVGA support.

Hey, thanks!!
    It is plugged to the motherboard, from the video card I have no signal at all
    In the monitor devices I only have the intel...

My comments:
    -finding whatever display adapter is listed in Windows, removing it and rebooting to have Windows re detect your device.-> Donde, but I will try it again

- 2080s hybrid takes two PCIe power connectors) and that you've correctly connected them onto your power supply. -> I have all the slots connected, but with one cable, maybe try with 2, 2 cables one for each slot?

-If that doesn't help I would clear CMOS on your motherboard to get it to audodetect which video device to use. -> I will try this (don't know how, but google should know!)

-If that fails update your BIOS -> Done

-If that doesn't work and you've also tried all the PCIe slots on the board (to make sure you don't have a bad slot) -> will try that also.

- it's time to call EVGA support -> no chance, I bought the card in the US and I live outside US... for the cost of the card here, I can buy 2 of them in the US

-repair on Windows or flat out nuke it -> this goes before calling EVGA with no expectations at all

Atari 800 XL
    Cassette player
    12" Sony Trinitron color
    JdeFalconr
    Re: 2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!! 2020/08/22 19:30:44 (permalink)
    RoloFuentes
    JdeFalconr

Hey, thanks!!
    It is plugged to the motherboard, from the video card I have no signal at all
    In the monitor devices I only have the intel...

My comments:
    -finding whatever display adapter is listed in Windows, removing it and rebooting to have Windows re detect your device.-> Donde, but I will try it again

- 2080s hybrid takes two PCIe power connectors) and that you've correctly connected them onto your power supply. -> I have all the slots connected, but with one cable, maybe try with 2, 2 cables one for each slot?

-If that doesn't help I would clear CMOS on your motherboard to get it to audodetect which video device to use. -> I will try this (don't know how, but google should know!)

-If that fails update your BIOS -> Done

-If that doesn't work and you've also tried all the PCIe slots on the board (to make sure you don't have a bad slot) -> will try that also.

- it's time to call EVGA support -> no chance, I bought the card in the US and I live outside US... for the cost of the card here, I can buy 2 of them in the US

-repair on Windows or flat out nuke it -> this goes before calling EVGA with no expectations at all

So if your display cable is plugged into your motherboard then we need to change that for testing. One question: do any of the lights on your 2080s come on or does the fan spin when the system powers up? That's a quick indicator to tell you if it's getting power or not and that will inform your troubleshooting.

Here's what I would suggest on how to proceed:

1. You're probably fine with one PSU cable, mine operates that way too. But you might consider trying a different cable if you have one. Make certain you're plugging it into the right spot on your PSU (if it's fully modular).
    2. We'll assume all your PCIe slots are enabled and you haven't mucked with settings (or there's not a chance somebody else did). If you have reason to think otherwise then clear CMOS (aka clear out all your BIOS settings). Your mobo manual or Google will tell you how.
    3. Be certain you're plugging your GPU into the highest-bandwidth PCIE slot, usually the one closest to the CPU. Read your mobo manual for a description of which one is the highest-bandwidth (Probably is x16 but might be x8). When in doubt put it in the slot it fits into that's closest to the CPU. Make sure you're pushing it in all the way such that the little retention thing at one end swings up and over the PCB (such that you can't pull it out with first pushing down on that retention thing to push it away from the card).
    4. Disconnect all but one monitor (if you have multiple).
    5. Make sure your display cable is plugged into your GPU and manually select the input on your monitor corresponding to the cable you're using to connect to the GPU. This eliminates the possibility that your issue is your monitor isn't switching inputs properly, plus you will also see any output that happens to come through. 
    6. Power on your computer and wait long enough that something should have come up onscreen.
    7. If still no display first make sure your GPU received power: check for lights and that the fan moves. If not then I'd take a good hard look at your PSU and the cable(s) you're using. If you can't get it to power on then I'd say you either have an issue with your PSU, its cables or with the GPU. Your next step would be to figure out if you've used this PSU and the same cables with a GPU that draws roughly the same volume of power (i.e. PSU and cables are known-good and you had another card that demanded a 650w PSU). Depending on that at this point you should suspect either PSU/cables or the video card are bad and act accordingly. You can proceed if you want but I'd say don't waste your time and skip to step #12.
    8. If the card powers on but no signal on the monitor then swap which output port on the GPU your cable is connected to (if you can) to see if that helps. If that fixes it then you could have a bad port on your card; support or documentation will tell you if the port you connect to matters here.
    9. If swapping output ports on the GPU doesn't help then power down your system and move your GPU to the next farthest PCIe slot from the CPU that it will fit into.
    10. Repeat steps 6-9 until you either get a signal or you've gone through all your PCIe ports and none work.
    11. If you're at this step and you still don't get a signal you might as well try a different kind of video output on the GPU (e.g. if you were using DisplayPort try HDMI). What have you got to lose? Go back to step 5 with the different cable though it's probably not worth it to do steps 9 and 10.
    12. If all of the above doesn't get you a signal and no other avenues have presented themselves then I would say you really should call EVGA. Even if you don't RMA the card you at least can get some additional troubleshooting help and they can help you to ensure you've tried everything possible. There's no sense in beating your head against the wall if this flat-out isn't going to work.
    RoloFuentes
    Re: 2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!! 2020/08/22 20:15:36 (permalink)
    Thanks for the ideas, there are some I will try tomorrow

Until now, nothing has changed... but...

- For some videos I notice that the "EVGA Hybrid" has a led behind it, some kind of green -> This one has never turned it on...
    - The radiator fan and the VRM fan are powered by the PCI slot -> If I unplug the power cables from the PSU, they keep turning, same on the second PCI slotCant try slot 3 because there is no space
    -I have erased with a custom made app that erases all drivers, forcing the rest of the system to install all again ( -> Followed all the instructions there and I read all the recommendations in the comments)

black my comments

1. You're probably fine with one PSU cable, mine operates that way too. But you might consider trying a different cable if you have one. Make certain you're plugging it into the right spot on your PSU (if it's fully modular). -> Yes Corsair RM850 brand new. I will check voltage tomorrow with a tester, but at least the bios info shows the 24 PIN is on the right track

2. We'll assume all your PCIe slots are enabled and you haven't mucked with settings (or there's not a chance somebody else did). If you have reason to think otherwise then clear CMOS (aka clear out all your BIOS settings). Your mobo manual or Google will tell you how. -> Mobo is new, it was sealed, and I have cleared the CMOS about 10 times (I learn how... really easy)

3. Be certain you're plugging your GPU into the highest-bandwidth PCIE slot, usually the one closest to the CPU. Read your mobo manual for a description of which one is the highest-bandwidth (Probably is x16 but might be x8). When in doubt put it in the slot it fits into that's closest to the CPU. Make sure you're pushing it in all the way such that the little retention thing at one end swings up and over the PCB (such that you can't pull it out with first pushing down on that retention thing to push it away from the card). -> Yes its the first one, but also tried the second one... same results

4. Disconnect all but one monitor (if you have multiple).-> No, just one, but the idea was going for 3 (Sim racing)

5. Make sure your display cable is plugged into your GPU and manually select the input on your monitor corresponding to the cable you're using to connect to the GPU. This eliminates the possibility that your issue is your monitor isn't switching inputs properly, plus you will also see any output that happens to come through.  -> Yes only one cable (HDMI)

6. Power on your computer and wait long enough that something should have come up onscreen. -> 15 minutes would be enough? Should I wait for more?... let say about an hour?

7. If still no display first make sure your GPU received power: check for lights and that the fan moves. If not then I'd take a good hard look at your PSU and the cable(s) you're using. If you can't get it to power on then I'd say you either have an issue with your PSU, its cables or with the GPU. Your next step would be to figure out if you've used this PSU and the same cables with a GPU that draws roughly the same volume of power (i.e. PSU and cables are known-good and you had another card that demanded a 650w PSU). Depending on that at this point you should suspect either PSU/cables or the video card are bad and act accordingly. You can proceed if you want but I'd say don't waste your time and skip to step #12. -> Both Fan moves, those are powered by the PCI slot (because I Unplug the power cables form the PSU and both keep running). I will check the voltage (first I want to be sure where to measure with the tester). But now I have 2 cables from the PSU to the card, the problem could be the PSU, but 2 slots faulty, while everything runs, is strange (I have SATA cables connected and they work perfectly)

8. If the card powers on but no signal on the monitor then swap which output port on the GPU your cable is connected to (if you can) to see if that helps. If that fixes it then you could have a bad port on your card; support or documentation will tell you if the port you connect to matters here. -> The problem is that the card is not detected, and when I try to install the driver it is not installed because: "This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows or The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"... I have installed the latest version of WIN 10 v 2004

9. If swapping output ports on the GPU doesn't help then power down your system and move your GPU to the next farthest PCIe slot from the CPU that it will fit into. -> Done, not sucess

10. Repeat steps 6-9 until you either get a signal or you've gone through all your PCIe ports and none work. -> Cant use the third one because lack of space

11. If you're at this step and you still don't get a signal you might as well try a different kind of video output on the GPU (e.g. if you were using DisplayPort try HDMI). What have you got to lose? Go back to step 5 with the different cable though it's probably not worth it to do steps 9 and 10. -> I will try this... I think I have another cable

12. If all of the above doesn't get you a signal and no other avenues have presented themselves then I would say you really should call EVGA. Even if you don't RMA the card you at least can get some additional troubleshooting help and they can help you to ensure you've tried everything possible. There's no sense in beating your head against the wall if this flat-out isn't going to work. -> Sure I will!!!

Also, I will try on another PC, my brother has a top-end PC (but from 2013) so let's see if it work there, maybe it is not compatible, but maybe it recognize it

Until now:
    -Not detected by the system
    -PCI worked and power the card (fans ok)
    -Led never turn on
    -Can't install the driver because there is no Nvidia hardware detected
    -Same for slot 1 and 2
    -CMOS cleared
    -WIN10 installed again, clean install
    -Everything is new (Mobo = Strix z490 egaming -with the latest bios version-, I5 10600K, Corsair RM850..)

Thanks a lot for the help!, It makes a bit easier knowing that someone is also helping you to solve the problem, thanks for the help and support...
    But I must say is very disappointing and frustrating.

post edited by RoloFuentes - 2020/08/22 20:19:06

Atari 800 XL
    Cassette player
    12" Sony Trinitron color
    JdeFalconr
    Re: 2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!! 2020/08/22 20:24:20 (permalink)
    Best of luck to you tomorrow. I think your idea to try on a different computer is excellent; that will tell you quite a bit. I don't know for certain but I would be suspicious if the LED isn't turning on. I think your test with what happens when the PSU cables are unplugged was a wise one; you know what you'll get from PCIe power. You might try and find some system build videos on your card to see if you can watch someone else power on their system - maybe for the first time - to see if the lighting comes on. I would assume it does but I'm not sure. If it looks like it should but yours is not with PSU cables connected then I would think the most likely culprit would be either a problem with the card (perhaps lighting is bad, perhaps something worse) or a problem with the PSU/cables.

BTW regarding time to wait - it should only take a minute or so at most for the computer to POST and show something. 15 minutes for anything but some kind of server board is way too long.
    RoloFuentes
    Re: 2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!! 2020/08/22 21:10:03 (permalink)
    Thanks!!
    I will also try my brother's card in my mobo, that way all variables are cleared.

"I don't know for certain but I would be suspicious if the LED isn't turning on." -> yes, for me is a bad indicator, it shows more a Hardware issue than a SW issue, SW is approachable, but hardware... is very difficult to solve

"You might try and find some system build videos on your card to see if you can watch someone else power on their system - maybe for the first time - to see if the lighting comes on." -> yes I did...  at abut 7:30

"or a problem with the PSU/cables." -> this would be the best of my problems... would be a happy problem...

I give it about 15 minutes... time needed to make a tea...

Let's hope everything goes great tomorrow, but for real... I have no hope at all, just making this to know I did everything (to lose 900 just like that... at least for me.. hurts)

Atari 800 XL
    Cassette player
    12" Sony Trinitron color
    RoloFuentes
    Re: 2080 SUPER HYBRID NOT DETECTED... HELP PLEASE!!! 2020/08/23 10:45:00 (permalink)
    Update.

PC 1 -> My computer
    PC 2 -> My brother's computer (proved to work and in perfect condition)

First test:
    PC1: Card (Matrix HD7079) from PC2 in solt 1 of PC1, without power cables connected. monitor connected to the video card -> The card has a "Matrix" logo and 2 fans. Fans working, logo with lights on. Over the female power connector of the card, 2 red led on (seems that those are telling us that we should connect the power cables) No video output, so we change the cable to the Mobo output, then we have output, and: Bios Under PEG port configuration, PCIE16_1 shows X0, Device manager only recognize the intel adapter.

Second test:
    PC1: Card (Matrix HD7079) from PC2 in solt 1 of PC1, power cables connected (16 pin connector each one of 8 pins). -> The leds that before were red, now are green. We have video output, Bios Under PEG port configuration, PCIE16_1 shows X16, Device manager only recognize AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series

With those (One and two) test we probe the following:
    1) The PCIE slot power the fans and the lights of the card should light up
    2) The BIOS doesn't recognize the card, but she knows something is connected -> It shows "X0", when is there is nothing it shows "Not Present"
    3) Without the power cables, windows don't recognize anything
    4) When the power cables from the PSU are connected, there are less that's show us that the power is OK
    5) My Corsair RM850 is working properly.

Third test:
    PC2: Card (EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid) from PC1 in solt 1 of PC2, without power cables connected. Monitor connected to the video card -> Fans work, no led lights on, no "EVGA Hybrid" led lights on. No way to check more stuff because the Mobo does not has video output.

Fourth test:
    PC2: Card (EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid) from PC1 in solt 1 of PC2, Power cables connected. Monitor connected to the video card.Fans work, no led lights on, no "EVGA Hybrid" led lights on. No way to check more stuff because the Mobo does not has video output.

Fifth test:
    PC2: Card (EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid) from PC1 in solt 1 of PC2, Power cables connected. Monitor connected to the video card Display port now) .Fans work, no led lights on, no "EVGA Hybrid" led lights on. No way to check more stuff because the Mobo does not has video output, and the same for all other output options.

Other facts we already know:
    PC1 with EVGA card, Bios Under PEG port configuration, PCIE16_1 shows "Not present"
    Update BIOS to the last version
    Cleared CMOS about 5 times
    Win 10 ver 2004 with the no further updates to be made
    NO drivers missing
    Erased several times the Diver of the Mobo
    Uninstalled with dedicated software the video drivers of intel

Conclusion:
    Is something else that I could do? Any Ideas? More test?

Hope all of you could understand my English, it is not my native language.

Atari 800 XL
    Cassette player
    12" Sony Trinitron color
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile