EVGA

Helpful Reply1080ti ftw3 shipping date

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 21 of 42
Author
noah382
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 08:56:45 (permalink)
drewskidrewsgv
blazin1414
I find it interesting people defending EVGA on how they've handled this whole thing.

How exactly are they handling it? They are doing their best to get these cards out to us as soon as possible. What more can they do? I'm not saying you, but so many people feel like they are so privileged and deserve something extra or something in general because there is a delay in the shipping times. Selling thousands of products then getting them sent out by a certain time is not as easy as it sounds. These things take time and sometimes unexpected delays can happen. Everyone needs to just cool down and be more patient. I'm waiting just like everyone else and I want my card to be here yesterday, but complaining, whining, and throwing a fit isn't going to make anything go faster. 

Complaining, whining, and throwing a fit may not make them go faster BUT it will get their attention. It is not ok to mislead the customer... the ones that are keeping them in business. If we don't say something, this may happen over and over again.  I fully believe there are issues with the cards which is why their inventory is low.  They've had over 1 month to prepare for launch of the cards and only a handful of cards get shipped? Something is wrong. They are not telling us.  This is why I cancelled my order and got a ASUS card that has plenty of published reviews that I am comfortable with for my needs of the card. 
I've always had EVGA cards in my rigs but this situation has definitely tarnished my view of their business practices.  Oh and also, what happens if there is a major glitch with these cards? We are essentially the guinea pigs since we are the first ones to have the card. You would have waited all this time to get a lemon when you could have gotten something with very similar specs, if not better, faster and more reviewed. Just my two cents.

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 11559
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 08:57:22 (permalink)
Should see the first charges starting shortly.

drewskidrewsgv
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 08:58:13 (permalink)
KSE-33
drewskidrewsgv
KSE-33
This is insane. There is no excuse! Its simple, a distributor should know exactly how many cards they are going to receive at what times. So you only take preorders for cards you know you will have so you can fulfill the orders!!!! They were taking preorders from 10am up until at least 10:30am. HOWEVER the only people that have the cards shipped to them so far on time are people who ordered before like 10:10am??? So everyone after that time got delayed up to a week! I have a feeling they knew they couldn't fulfill the orders BUT TOOK THEM ANYWAYS, just so they could "lock us in" to a pre-order. I'm willing to bet if everyone knew we had to wait until the 2nd week of May to get our cards we would have just gone with something else! This is fraud! Then they know that if they say "sorry guys for the slight delay" most people wouldn't cancel because we are stuck. If we go order another one at this point we may not get it any sooner "so I might as well keep my preorder". I know its going to be a great card, but wow this is some really shady practice

Not only do I game with mine but I'm also an Architect who does 3d design and drafting and this is literally affecting my work schedule-not to say its anymore important than gaming etc. but still this is not cool at all. I have always been team EVGA but this is blowing my mind that a company will take pre-orders on cards they know they cant send out on time.

If you are going to complain and are that dissatisfied then why don't you just cancel your pre-order and go to Asus or Gigabyte. I'm sure their customer service and quality is much better. Then you wont have to worry about going on a Forum post to complain like a little baby 

Are you serious? Your name calling and I'm the baby? Did you not read my comment? At this point even if I did go with Asus or something they are out of stock everywhere. We preordered March 28th and knew we would be getting our cards weeks after everyone else started shipping theirs out. I was ok with waiting. My point was they knew how many cards they were getting so why did they keep taking preorders???? The only people that got cards shipped were people who order up to like 10:12 am or something. Mine was 10:16 and still hasn't shipped. So that means they just kept on taking the preorders anyways even though they knew they would have to "delay it a few days". They just wanted to lock us in. Like I said "i know its going to be a great card, but this is shady business practice". Maybe your to dense to understand what that means. I have an evga gpu and psu now and I know they are good quality WHICH IS WHY I PREORDERED WITH THEM. So this is a completely valid point I'm making on a forum called- ding ding ding-you guessed it "1080ti ftw3 shipping date", so why don't you keep your peanut gallery to yourself. Plus this was the only comment I've made about this so far. Also obviously I'm willing to wait a month for a card so another week isn't going to kill me. I'm merely pointing out the fact they knew they couldn't fulfill the first wave of orders but took them anyways. Not cool.

And as I said before in my last comment...  I'm waiting just like everyone else and I want my card to be here yesterday, but complaining, whining, and throwing a fit isn't going to make anything go faster.... I understand your frustration as I'm frustrated too but this is FAR from a "shady practice" and we all just need to be patient. Once they get the cards to us it will be worth it.
myndlessdayz
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 08:59:52 (permalink)
drewskidrewsgv

How exactly are they handling it? They are doing their best to get these cards out to us as soon as possible. What more can they do? I'm not saying you, but so many people feel like they are so privileged and deserve something extra or something in general because there is a delay in the shipping times. Selling thousands of products then getting them sent out by a certain time is not as easy as it sounds. These things take time and sometimes unexpected delays can happen. Everyone needs to just cool down and be more patient. I'm waiting just like everyone else and I want my card to be here yesterday, but complaining, whining, and throwing a fit isn't going to make anything go faster. 

I agree, I know everyone here wants their new toys so badly to head out to your local Pitchfork and Torch Emporium but EVGA did engineer these cards with a whole lot more than what any other manufacturer has like the 9 temp probes, iCX cooling and fused that they will replace for free if that ever goes out. With that adds more to the process on making them. It's annoying that they couldn't meet the estimated ship date, but that's just what its stated. An estimate which is a best guess on what they too hope to have it sent out. Don't make it seem like they are purposely holding back a warehouse full of FTW3s. 
post edited by myndlessdayz - 2017/05/05 09:02:08
jmar910
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:00:35 (permalink)
I think everyone's just trying their best. Ya'll are frustrated, I get that too. Lack of communication sucks, but you know, its not the end of the world. Life keeps on moving, the world keeps on turning, and eventually you will all have the graphics cards you ordered. Enjoy the fact that you get to be alive at a time where the worst problem you have is that your computer parts didn't come on time :) 
SomeSoldier
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:00:42 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Should see the first charges starting shortly.

How many orders are planned to ship today?
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 11559
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:09:16 (permalink)
All orders that currently say 5/5 on the estimated shipping.

myndlessdayz
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:10:19 (permalink)
KSE-33

Are you serious? Your name calling and I'm the baby? Did you not read my comment? At this point even if I did go with Asus or something they are out of stock everywhere. We preordered March 28th and knew we would be getting our cards weeks after everyone else started shipping theirs out. I was ok with waiting. My point was they knew how many cards they were getting so why did they keep taking preorders???? The only people that got cards shipped were people who order up to like 10:12 am or something. Mine was 10:16 and still hasn't shipped. So that means they just kept on taking the preorders anyways even though they knew they would have to "delay it a few days". They just wanted to lock us in. Like I said "i know its going to be a great card, but this is shady business practice". Maybe your to dense to understand what that means. I have an evga gpu and psu now and I know they are good quality WHICH IS WHY I PREORDERED WITH THEM. So this is a completely valid point I'm making on a forum called- ding ding ding-you guessed it "1080ti ftw3 shipping date", so why don't you keep your peanut gallery to yourself. Plus this was the only comment I've made about this so far. Also obviously I'm willing to wait a month for a card so another week isn't going to kill me. I'm merely pointing out the fact they knew they couldn't fulfill the first wave of orders but took them anyways. Not cool.

Preorders aren't locking you into the purchase. They never took your money the minute you sent in the preorder. Preorders are used to help gauge on how many they'll need to meet demand and no it will not always meet whats demanded. And like its stated, they aren't manufactured in California where it goes right off the belt and straight onto the UPS truck. Sure they could just ramp up production but in that case risk quality just to fill quantity.
SomeSoldier
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:10:24 (permalink)
Thank you for the update JacobF
savatage79
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:16:26 (permalink)
I do have to say this is by far the most agonizing wait I've had for anything in my recent past 10 years or more, that I can recall. Since the 1st it's felt like a month.

4770k - Z87X - 980 ti w/ACX - 16GB - 27" 1440p
Macatron
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:21:25 (permalink)
thank you Jacob
echrei
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 163
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:22:28 (permalink)
Thank you Jacob!

EVGA SR-2 / 2x X5680s / 48GB RAM / GTX 780 / Mac OS 10.10
SonicAgamemnon
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:22:30 (permalink)
It seems EVGA wasted two cards on GamersNexus, and those two cards could have been shipped to a waiting pre-order customer last week.  

First, GamersNexus sets up EVGA with an "over-engineered" article.  Then a few days later they publish a luke-warm review dripping with disdain, essentially saying "skip the FTW3 and go with SC2" because the over-engineered PCB and cooling solution is wasted on a Pascal GPU that nVidia has throttled. 

Those two cards GamersNexus took a dump on could have been put to much better use in a paying customer's hands...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO | MSI X370 XPOWER TITANIUM | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W Platinum | AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB DDR4 2400MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 in SLI | Dual LG 27UD88-W 4K Monitors | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | WD Data Center Gold 4TB Drive | Noctua NH-D15 Heatsink
bsather
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:27:39 (permalink)
SonicAgamemnon
It seems EVGA wasted two cards on GamersNexus, and those two cards could have been shipped to a waiting pre-order customer last week.  

First, GamersNexus sets up EVGA with an "over-engineered" article.  Then a few days later they publish a luke-warm review dripping with disdain, essentially saying "skip the FTW3 and go with SC2" because the over-engineered PCB and cooling solution is wasted on a Pascal GPU that nVidia has throttled. 

Those two cards GamersNexus took a dump on could have been put to much better use in a paying customer's hands...

Yeah wasn't Steve's best work IMHO and he's one of the best. Basically saying for $30 less to go with the SC2. Really? Somebody laying down close to 8 Benjamin's isn't watching a review on how to save $30. 

Intel i7-12700K - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero - NH-D15 Chromax.Black - Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB - G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 6000 - EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply - Fractal Design Torrent Case

Previously owned: 
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW Gaming
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming

skyda_Killer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:28:18 (permalink)
Pet0r
skyda_Killer
Just had a chat with Amazon (UK) customer service. They're shipping my FTW3 1080Ti out on the 10/11th May and I'll receive it either same day or the next. I'm #2 on the pre-order queue. I was one of the first to pre-order so it's been marked as priority. Finally some good news  looks like I'll be having a good week and one of the first to get a FTW3 in the UK (hopefully 

I'll believe it when I see it but good luck! The reps will normally just state the date that their system tells them stock should be back, but the date can often be pushed.  Amazon US doesn't even have stock right now, and we've already seen that US apparently is prioritised above ROW.

I pre-ordered a longggg while ago on Amazon so I'm priority compared to those who ordered later on. I think I'll get the card by the 12th maybe even earlier. We'll see eh! 

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz
MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO WIFI-AC
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 
RAM/Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz 
HDD 1: 512GB Crucial SSD- OS
HDD 2: 4TB HGST- storage
HDD 3: 2TB Hitachi- more storage
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 850 G2
CASE: Corsair 760T (Arctic White)
KSE-33
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:28:27 (permalink)
myndlessdayz
KSE-33

Preorders aren't locking you into the purchase. They never took your money the minute you sent in the preorder. Preorders are used to help gauge on how many they'll need to meet demand and no it will not always meet whats demanded. And like its stated, they aren't manufactured in California where it goes right off the belt and straight onto the UPS truck. Sure they could just ramp up production but in that case risk quality just to fill quantity.

Good points. Well I will say that I would much rather wait another week for good quality control. I've honestly never had something like this happen with a preorder so it was a bit strange. Everything I have ever preordered like this shipped the day they said it would (and it was the same thing where they don't charge the card until it ships). If we were to late to snag one of the first waves, they should have grouped everyone with a 10:12am or older time into a later delivery date. It really shouldn't be that hard, but it seems its a different animal with GPU's since they are made oversees. Either way I don't have time to install it until Monday anyways so I don't really care to much about waiting. Was just merely making an observation. Now that I know how they operate their preorders, I guess I know what to expect next time. No big deal. Either way, I'm not salty and I'm still excited to try it out!
Toasteetv
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:31:22 (permalink)
still no cc charge for me yet. 
JadenKatrell
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:34:37 (permalink)
bsather
SonicAgamemnon

Yeah wasn't Steve's best work IMHO and he's one of the best. Basically saying for $30 less to go with the SC2. Really? Somebody laying down close to 8 Benjamin's isn't watching a review on how to save $30. 

I think the review that JayzTwoCents will be releasing today will be much more enthusiastic.

CPU: Intel i7 7700k @5.1ghz
GPU(s): EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus IX Code
Memory: Corsair Vengance RGB 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz 
Primary Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO M.2 2280 500GB
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200M 1200W
CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
Chassis: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Primary Display: Asus VG248QE 24" 144hz
Keyboard: RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Elite
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB
Macatron
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:35:23 (permalink)
no cc charge yet either
Neossis
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:35:28 (permalink)
No charge here yet. :(
phrehnck
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:35:43 (permalink)
It's like Christmas eve.  Maybe the delay was a conspiracy by EVGA to make us appreciate the card even more.  Let me ask Alex Jones to confirm if this is true.
echrei
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 163
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:38:21 (permalink)
I don't remember which credit card I charged it on! #FWP

EVGA SR-2 / 2x X5680s / 48GB RAM / GTX 780 / Mac OS 10.10
mbvincelli
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:43:29 (permalink)
CC just charged, Status moved to Verified, Pending Approval., USA, Order Date:2017/03/28 10:14:57
phrehnck
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:43:49 (permalink)
CC just got charged.  
  • Order Status: Verified, Pending Approval10:15:00 AM order here
  • MarcusEdits
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:44:55 (permalink)
    I was just charged and I pre ordered mines at 10:13:38am on March 28th
    savatage79
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 125
    Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:44:57 (permalink)
    Yea those reviews have guys on gaf basically saying skip it.

4770k - Z87X - 980 ti w/ACX - 16GB - 27" 1440p
    phrehnck
    Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:47:13 (permalink)
    mbvincelli
    CC just charged, Status moved to Verified, Pending Approval., USA, Order Date:2017/03/28 10:14:57

Keeps beating me by a couple seconds
    Toasteetv
    Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:49:46 (permalink)
    My cc was charged as well 3/28 10:19 pre order
    Jediexpress
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:53:42 (permalink)
    My CC was charged.  03/28 10:15am pre-order

Case Labs TH10, Rampage IV Extreme, Core i7 4930k @ 4.6ghz, 16gb Corsair Dominator GT @2133, 2x GTX 780Ti SC 3gb, Sound Blaster Zx, Corsair AX1200, Aquaero 5 Pro

Custom water cooling, dual loop, all acrylic tubing.
    myndlessdayz
    Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/05 09:54:30 (permalink)
    JOINING THE CHARGE CLUB:

• Order Date: 5/5/2017
  • Shipping Method: UPS Ground
  • Order Status: Verified, Pending Approval
  • Payment: Credit Card
  • Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 21 of 42
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile