EVGA

1070 Ti question

Author
MsRavenn
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/02/04 18:05:46 (permalink)
 I recently  received my Geforce 1070 TI . I am not saure what Happened but for some reason or another  after downloading the driver  it would not instal. It got stuck on checking for compatability . so I figured the file was corrupted so I deleted the file and then restarted pc   downloaded again same issue .I had to go to Nvidia website and download from there  and wallah no issues. it's weird . I also  noticed No  Precisionx? I kinda liked that software because it was a safety blanket being able  to see my  temps for my graphics card.  it seems my evga flow software is not universal .. Should I worry about my temps getting to be too high  without precision x OC? I know my old card  would over heat playing dragon age inquisition or any game without it but that was a geforce 960 or something I forgot

It's Not any more polite to cover your mouth when you burp. It's like covering your Butt when you fart !!!

3 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: 1070 Ti question 2019/02/04 18:45:48 (permalink)
    Always download drivers from the source.

I’m this case, EVGA is just linking to NVidias driver.. if you start at Nvidia.com/drivers, there is no middleman website to worry about.

You can use GPU-z to monitor your temps. If they are high, you can grab precision XOC or Precision X1 (just make sure you grab the most up to date version)
    Kbird666
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 150
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 1070 Ti question 2019/02/10 14:15:55 (permalink)
    MsRavenn
     I recently  received my Geforce 1070 TI . I am not saure what Happened but for some reason or another  after downloading the driver  it would not instal. It got stuck on checking for compatability . so I figured the file was corrupted so I deleted the file and then restarted pc   downloaded again same issue .I had to go to Nvidia website and download from there  and wallah no issues. it's weird . I also  noticed No  Precisionx? I kinda liked that software because it was a safety blanket being able  to see my  temps for my graphics card.  it seems my evga flow software is not universal .. Should I worry about my temps getting to be too high  without precision x OC? I know my old card  would over heat playing dragon age inquisition or any game without it but that was a geforce 960 or something I forgot

Sounds like you were downloading a Driver Older than 388.13 which are not compatible with the 1070Ti , the latest 418.81 are working well with my 1070ti FTW2

You can use Prec.OX or PrecisionX1 Beta with the 1070Ti now.... you have to download it I think as I don't think it is on the CD. MSI AfterBurner also Works if you prefer it.... If you change setting in PrecOX , close it and re-open it to force a Saving of the settings...

https://www.evga.com/precisionxoc/

https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/

post edited by Kbird666 - 2019/02/10 14:44:34

GByte Z590 Aorus Elite AX MB + 11700K
    32GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3200mhz
    EVGA Nvidia RTX 3080Ti
    EVGA G6 850watt P.S.
    (3) 32" BenQ BL3200PT Monitors (CAD-WS)

MsRavenn
    • Total Posts : 79
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 1070 Ti question 2019/03/21 06:57:55 (permalink)
    Kbird666
    MsRavenn

Sounds like you were downloading a Driver Older than 388.13 which are not compatible with the 1070Ti , the latest 418.81 are working well with my 1070ti FTW2

You can use Prec.OX or PrecisionX1 Beta with the 1070Ti now.... you have to download it I think as I don't think it is on the CD. MSI AfterBurner also Works if you prefer it.... If you change setting in PrecOX , close it and re-open it to force a Saving of the settings...

https://www.evga.com/precisionxoc/

https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/

Yes I got precision 0x  and wondered why my settings kept re-setting  lol  so I tried it your way and thank you it worked .No at the time of my drivers giving me issues it was the latest offered by evga but went to Nvidia and  it was fine. I think though that Evga has come a long ways.

It's Not any more polite to cover your mouth when you burp. It's like covering your Butt when you fart !!!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile