EVGA

10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised!!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2691
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 19:26:11 (permalink)
waveskimmer9431

Because you dismissed another posters legitimate concern.  jrmitchell1983, I have no beef with you, and in reality you're probably a pretty nice/cool guy.  However, you sometimes show little tack/empathy for others by dismissing or making light of their feelings.  All of us here are EVGA supporters, however, when any corporation produces a product that is defective, it should be corrected at no cost to the consumer.  Just because EVGA produces a fix, doesn't me that "I should feel lucky" and shut up.

Shelby

Not dismissing anyones posts or opinions first of all. posting mine simple as that. evga did not make a defective product. once again your lack of research has shown IMO. the mb without the molex where manufactured before the 400 series gpus. these are the mb i question. only after the 400 series and 500 has this been an issue with overclockers on gpus. I really wish you would do your reasearch man and quick putting me down for making you relize what you should know already.

as far as im concerned this ends with the bs post back and forth. you will get your fix eithrway, free or pay for it one of the 2.

waveskimmer9431
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 174
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 19:37:49 (permalink)
jrmitchell1983:
   Man, the boards are defective!!  When computer connections melt and in some cases catch fire, there is indeed a problem.  You can spin the truth in many directions, but the fact is there is a problem.  EVGA better come fast with a fix and it should be free to all purchasers, because if someones house burns down and the fire inspectors trace it back to the computer, EVGA may pay out (lawsuit) a thousand times or more the cost of providing the mod fix to its customers.  Again, just like Toyota, EVGA should make this "recall" fix available free to all.

Shelby

Silverstone Raven RV02B-W case
EVGA E760 Classified  
Intel i7 960 @ 3.4MHz
Tunia Tower 120 Extreme CPU Cooler  
Corsair XMS3 6GB Triple Channel    
EVGA GTX 770 Classified 4GB SLI Configuration 
Corsair TX950w 79a 12v single rail 
Asus Blu-ray player
Asus DVD/CD RW
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 32mb cache primary
Creative X-Fi Professional
Dell 2707 widescreen monitor
Klipsch THX 475w 5.1 Ultra--175w sub/dual 8" woofers
Logitech G15 keyboard
Turtle Beach 5.1 headphones

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 19:44:00 (permalink)
waveskimmer9431

jrmitchell1983:
  Man, the boards are defective!!  When computer connections melt and in some cases catch fire, there is indeed a problem.  You can spin the truth in many directions, but the fact is there is a problem.  EVGA better come fast with a fix and it should be free to all purchasers, because if someones house burns down and the fire inspectors trace it back to the computer, EVGA may pay out (lawsuit) a thousand times or more the cost of providing the mod fix to its customers.  Again, just like Toyota, EVGA should make this "recall" fix available free to all.

Shelby

i understand what your saying, but your blowing it out of proportion just a bit. the reported case are slim and 1 caught fire. the issue is the gpu drawing more power through slots than the mb could handle. mb before 400 series and 500 series were spec designs 100% ok. with the 400/500 series drawing more power than the slots are capable of is not a flaw in the mb, flaw in the gpu companies imo. the mb are rated for a certain amount which is well within there respected vaules. when you overclock the gpu's that theshold is over the max and causes the issues at hand. not deffective products. and its not just evga bud, other comanies have had there share of issues as well and with ati and nvidia gpus. like i said do the research.

KMcCrackan
  • Total Posts : 93
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 19:51:55 (permalink)
What if your wife and three daughters were in the house. And somehow your motherboard smoked up.  Until you know don't assume anything.  I'm not wishing that on anyone including you jrmitchell1983. With respect

i7 920 oc 4001.8  
Evga X-58 SLI
2x GTX 470
Corsair HX 1000
2x Kingston 40 GB SSD
4x WD 640 GB Black
Fesser 480 Rad
Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67881&eval=601173
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 20:29:16 (permalink)
KMcCrackan

What if your wife and three daughters were in the house. And somehow your motherboard smoked up.  Until you know don't assume anything.  I'm not wishing that on anyone including you jrmitchell1983. With respect

i know the facts that have been given and found thats it as far as reports. i also know what causes it and the varriables are small traces on older mb with high gpu oc's and even the classys with bigger traces and high oc's. there are many threads by me and other with all the info for you to read since i could not make you understand.

KMoore4318
Pistoj Doulos Unum Pluribus
  • Total Posts : 17850
  • Ribbons : 238
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 20:29:24 (permalink)
waveskimmer9431

jrmitchell1983:

Shelby

Are you serious ? A 2 year board is defective because it can not handle a 3 month old Graphics card ? Why didn't someone see this comeing ? by the same token, My 1980 HDTV is defective because they did not include a HDMI port, or 1080 resolution. I hope Toshiba rushes out a fix. In fact, My 1968 mustang is defective, because the sticker on the speodomiter calles for leaded Gas, and I can't buy any. I hope ford can rush me a Fix. In fac I hope we all get new 120 Hrz 3D Tv's next year.  I do see your Point, since EVGA made us buy that 480, 580, since the equipment will not function with anything less. We should have seen this comeing when EVGA Desigen team called Nvidia into the office, and told them what they had to make, just befor they called you and told you what you had to Buy. All these conspericies, at just specific customers, is realy starting to get me down, poor me, a least I don't have to be carfull how I spend my money, becouse the companies sole purpose is to step up and protect me.  Although the term Caveat Emptor is not on the dollar, they do list the only person you can trust across the top. But with the seperation of church and state, you better not mention his name. Insted of comeing here and complaining about what EVGA has done, it would be far more approproate thanking them, Then you can flip over to the ASUS, HP, and Intel sites, after you recive what they sent you free, and think them too. 
post edited by KMoore4318 - 2010/12/17 20:53:49

Just clink Link to Register >  My Affiliate Code:VTJPDC4OMB 
1)965 V-8  E761(77)
2)980X AX1200 E760(77) 980 ti
3) E770 (77)2(590) SLI AX1200 
4) X299 FTW K, 9980XE 2 2080 supers on AX1200
KMcCrackan
  • Total Posts : 93
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 20:56:18 (permalink)
Kmoore4318 your thoughts are skewed.. I always respect a brother but....you are special because you are one of the chosen ones. I didn't catch on until I lost 2 Corsair HX1000 and CORSAIR in a private pm blamed EVGA. Again not trying to be the ass but expose the biggest

i7 920 oc 4001.8  
Evga X-58 SLI
2x GTX 470
Corsair HX 1000
2x Kingston 40 GB SSD
4x WD 640 GB Black
Fesser 480 Rad
Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67881&eval=601173
KMoore4318
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 21:52:08 (permalink)

I'm just saying, if we can show that EVGA failed to meet ATX specs, then we can hold them accountable, But, if the equipment was designed to a standard that was in place at the time of development, and the equipment worked with the cards that it was reasonable to expect them to be mated with, at the time they were designed, and manufactured, Then EVGA is faultless. If they did in fact, ( as reported ) Increase the size of the lanes in anticipation of a demand higher than they were told to expect, than what they would be guilty of is not going far enough above and beyond what they were required to do. This effort alone would be admirable, whither successful or not, as it shows a clear attempt to protect us, the customer, from uncertainties beyond their control.  I've read countless posts, and seen blame slung in all directions, but I have yet to see definitive proof, that anyone other than Nvidia, and ATI, Pushed too far, and suspect they did so, because we as customers demanded it. Do I think heads should roll, YES I do, But I would like it to be the right heads. Let’s just make sure the cake is not a lie, before we go gunning for Marie Antoinette. To me it seems like EVGA has not only done the right thing, but done so without any evidence or indication that there were liable, culpable, or responsible. In fact it seems like they came to the rescue, when we were unable to turn anywhere else. I do not think anyone will be able to find any links to EVGA, and this problem, that would indicate they were aware of it, simply because that is not how they do business, the following they have amassed, and the reputation they have obtained indicates the opposite. If there is any truth to the saying that you will know them buy their fruit, then I would not be too quick to complain about the only company that appears to be able and willing to help. Since it looks like the smoking gun is Nvidia Green.  I will probably be accused of being a FANBOY, I just do not see any other company addressing the problem, and assure you EVGA is not the only one affected, this has been an Industry debacle, not an EVGA one. Lets find and assign blame, if that is what it will take to resolve , but if we do, lets at least blame the right ones.Lets find hard, undisputed proof, and lets chop off the right head.

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
shdbcamping
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1515
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 22:23:59 (permalink)
KMoore4318 

I'm just saying, if we can show that EVGA failed to meet ATX specs, then we can hold them accountable, But, if the equipment was designed to a standard that was in place at the time of development, and the equipment worked with the cards that it was reasonable to expect them to be mated with, at the time they were designed, and manufactured, Then EVGA is faultless. If they did in fact, ( as reported ) Increase the size of the lanes in anticipation of a demand higher than they were told to expect, than what they would be guilty of is not going far enough above and beyond what they were required to do. This effort alone would be admirable, whither successful or not, as it shows a clear attempt to protect us, the customer, from uncertainties beyond their control.  I've read countless posts, and seen blame slung in all directions, but I have yet to see definitive proof, that anyone other than Nvidia, and ATI, Pushed too far, and suspect they did so, because we as customers demanded it. Do I think heads should roll, YES I do, But I would like it to be the right heads. Let’s just make sure the cake is not a lie, before we go gunning for Marie Antoinette. To me it seems like EVGA has not only done the right thing, but done so without any evidence or indication that there were liable, culpable, or responsible. In fact it seems like they came to the rescue, when we were unable to turn anywhere else. I do not think anyone will be able to find any links to EVGA, and this problem, that would indicate they were aware of it, simply because that is not how they do business, the following they have amassed, and the reputation they have obtained indicates the opposite. If there is any truth to the saying that you will know them buy their fruit, then I would not be too quick to complain about the only company that appears to be able and willing to help. Since it looks like the smoking gun is Nvidia Green.  I will probably be accused of being a FANBOY, I just do not see any other company addressing the problem, and assure you EVGA is not the only one affected, this has been an Industry debacle, not an EVGA one. Lets find and assign blame, if that is what it will take to resolve , but if we do, lets at least blame the right ones.Lets find hard, undisputed proof, and lets chop off the right head.

Did I miss the BIO spot where you or JMitchell were lawyers, economists, or electrical engineers? If so that would be good information to lend any credence.  Your point has been made in someone elses thread. Let's not look like an EVGA customer cannot post problems because of electronic bullying retalliation. I'm guessing that the OP would be a lot happier with responses from EVGA representatives.  Please give the other menbers a break and let it GO.
It's possible to start your own EVGA's OK and here's why thread on the subject.

Sean

KMoore4318
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 22:34:10 (permalink)

USN Advanced Electronics Retired BEE great Lakes Ill. I984. Submarine qualified SSBN628. Sorry, I'm not a lawyer, or an Economist. My background is more Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine Electronics.

http://www.navy.com/navy/careers/engineering-applied-science/electronics.html
post edited by KMoore4318 - 2010/12/17 23:01:55

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 22:51:25 (permalink)
shdbcampingDid I miss the BIO spot where you or JMitchell were lawyers, economists, or electrical engineers? If so that would be good information to lend any credence.  Your point has been made in someone elses thread. Let's not look like an EVGA customer cannot post problems because of electronic bullying retalliation. I'm guessing that the OP would be a lot happier with responses from EVGA representatives.  Please give the other menbers a break and let it GO.
It's possible to start your own EVGA's OK and here's why thread on the subject.

Sean

Regardless, like KMoore said, EVGA isn't the only Company with this problem. It happens to many other Motherboard Manufacturing Company's that don't have the additional Molex or 6 Pin power connector for the graphics card.
EVGA is also the only Company that has come up with a fix for it. Some people just need to learn patience.

Also KMoore's points of view are always valid, and are the most intellectual and insightful posts on these forums.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
shdbcamping
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1515
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/17 22:53:56 (permalink)
KMoore4318

USN Advanced Electronics Retired BEE great Lakes Ill. I984. Submarine qualified SSBN628. Sorry, I'm not a lawyer, or an Economist. My background is more Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine Electronics.

Looks like you have the technical understanding covered. And a veteran as well. I see you in a different light given some background, we just need to remember that someone coming here for help/answers will only see what we post.

Sean

Moltenlava
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6302
  • Ribbons : 28
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 02:49:50 (permalink)
bolts4brekfast

quit yo b1tch1in' !  Isnt the free market great? you could've chosen to buy a different motherboard.. BUT you didnt.. so suck it up!

That may hold water for anyone who bought the board AFTER this problem was established but for anyone who bought it on launch day (like me) or before this problem became apparent it doesnt.

EVGA could have had a PR coup on their hands, not only do they address the issue they supply the fix for free, but they went and made a major boob by announcing that a puny measly laughable 75 units would be available for free AFTER they gave out free units early to their favourites and those who made the loudest noise about this issue.  I ahve no issue with a free one of these power adapters being limited but to set such a small number is ridiculous, a limited number of days to register for one would have been much more appropriate and fair.  Think of how many people likely own EVGA boards that are compatible with this fix in the US, Canada AND Europe and then think about the number 75. I am sure Nvidia and their "False" TDP's for the 400 series are mostly to blame but er are seeing this issue happen with 200 series cards also and it mainly seems to be the Classifieds without the molex adapter, the board EVGA claimed to be able to run the 200 series in Tri SLI with PhysX.

I am not so bothered about the ones who got them early it just compounds the fact that EVGA are only giving away 75 for free and charging the rest for a fix for a very serious and not to be ignored problem.   Also they need to be more careful about what they post, on one of the initial announcements about these adapters it was posted that these units would be available to anyone with a compatible board for free for a limited period of time, to read that just makes EVGA's empty gesture of 75 units available for free look even worse.

EVGA should give everyone with a compatible board one for free and then go after Nvidia to reimburse them if thats truly where the problem lies.
post edited by Moltenlava - 2010/12/18 03:15:48
Moltenlava
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6302
  • Ribbons : 28
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 02:56:23 (permalink)
double post sorry
post edited by Moltenlava - 2010/12/18 03:05:21
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 05:47:15 (permalink)
I'm curious if those who are complaining have sent emails to the EVGA marketing director? If you haven't then please write down a full explanation of your complaint and send it to Joe Darwin. You'll find his email address in the support section of the EVGA website. 

All EVGA motherboards meet or exceed the ATX standard at the time those motherboards were manufactured.
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2010/12/18 05:49:39

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

whodaddy
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 875
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 05:49:01 (permalink)
I did send one to Joe, I never got a reply

E-759 CLASSIFIED & I7 920 DO B261
OCZ DDR 3 1600 Gold 6GS / TFC 480 and TFC 360 w KOOLANCE RAD SUPPORT

2x655 PUMPS IN SERIES/ BITS 150Z RES
EK FULL COVERAGE BLOCK
/ BITS COMPRESSION/ROTARY FITTINGS
EK HF SUPREME PLEXI COPPER CPU BLOCK 1/2X5/8 TUBING
2x GTX 470 SC W EK BLOCKS/WD 150 RADPTOR WD 300 RAPTOR  WD 1TB

CORSAIR 800D CASE/CORSAIR HX-1000  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67849

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 05:50:45 (permalink)
Send another email or resend the one you have previously sent and state on the email that you have received no reply.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 05:55:24 (permalink)
The holidays are coming so please allow slightly more time than usual for a reply from EVGA.

JDookie
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1985
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 06:40:31 (permalink)
I hate to step right in the middle of this storm, but what in the world are you guys talking about?? I read all the posts, and from what I gather PCIe slots are melting due to an overload situation, but what boards are affected? My E762 has a supplemental power adapter for the PCIe slots already, so do I have anything to worry about??
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2010/12/18 08:35:24

i7 3770K @ 4.8GHz (Koolance CPU-380i water block)
Gigabyte Z77X-UP7
2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum C9 1866MHz
Dual 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX in RAID 0
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N w/ EK water block
Corsair AX1200
Dell 30" 2560x1600 U3011 Monitor
Koolance ERM-2K3U (copper) external cooler
Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers  |  Win7 x64
KMoore4318
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 08:05:36 (permalink)
jdookie

I hate to step right in the middle of this storm, but what in the world are you guys talking about?? I read all the posts, and from what I gather PCIe slots are melting due to an overload situation, but what boards are affected? My E762 has a supplemental power adapter for the PCIe slots already, so do I have anything to worry about??  

No, Your 762 is fine, The voltage boost takes the place of your suplamintal power Plug, or rather is there in place of. 
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2010/12/18 08:36:05

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 11:09:42 (permalink)
KMcCrackan

Kmoore4318 your thoughts are skewed.. I always respect a brother but....you are special because you are one of the chosen ones. I didn't catch on until I lost 2 Corsair HX1000 and CORSAIR in a private pm blamed EVGA. Again not trying to be the ass but expose the biggest

those are some pretty steep auctions man.  corsair blaim evga...lol   no read the specs for the hx1000's 2 480s in any config on the hx100 and it loads the rail over 80% which will blow in a matter of time.

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 11:12:28 (permalink)
the blaim game never got anyone anywhere imo. evga is a tight community and will help anyone that will accept the help. he did this, she did that...blah,blah  enough already. powerboosts are comming for the mb that need it, issue fixed imo. should be enjoying those 400/500 series gpu instead of complaining imo. the 200 series does not present a problem imo.

cramsay
  • Total Posts : 29
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 21:41:23 (permalink)
Hmm didn't know they had fix working.  How do you apply to get PCIe Power adapter?  Link please.  I need one badly because I have 2 gtx 580's.
fusionssl
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1428
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/18 22:46:11 (permalink)
jrmitchel1983

i cannot agree with you on that one, and how could i have 2 faulty atx pins , i have burnout on pins 10 and 11 which are 12v just like 480 users , it can happen to 200 user's aswell i have the prof

rig 1
X79 DARK 3940k (4.4oc), corsair Platinum 2133mhz,Evga GTX580 2way sli, mountain mod assention,

rig 2
EVGA X58 759 CLASSIFIED  I7 930/ 4.5GHZ  
Corsair Domminator 2153MHZ   10,10,10,24/1T
Evga GTX 460  

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:10 Days of Appreciation--I'd Appreciate the PCIe Power adapter mod we were all promised 2010/12/19 11:28:26 (permalink)
fusionssl

jrmitchel1983

i cannot agree with you on that one, and how could i have 2 faulty atx pins , i have burnout on pins 10 and 11 which are 12v just like 480 users , it can happen to 200 user's aswell i have the prof

your situation is a bit odd imo, never had any reports of the 200 series until now. 2 days before the release of the powerboost...??? why now? never before? thats all im saying. i run my 24pin just like your is setup -  24pin from psu to a dual psu adapter to a 8" sleeved 24pin line into the mb. worst i got got was a hot 24pin connector which is exspected from the high end gpus drawing from it through the mb. that is why i got one.

even if your classy and 200 series gpu could draw 300+watts. the board is rated for the standard per industry. not rated for hig watt gpus. imo if this is anyones fault it the gpu companies, not the mb manufacturs.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile