EVGA

Doing some Spring Cleaning in Celebration of my 75 Billion points, earned Folding at Home

Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31009
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
2024/04/12 08:30:16 (permalink)
Posting here to say, I want to pay it forward & offer those on the EVGA Crunching Team & Folding Team a better deal than the general public. I know the cost of electric from my folding efforts (several hundred $$$ a month), so why not offer Crunching & Folding Team members a much better deal on hardware to help

Doing some Spring Cleaning in Celebration of my 75 Billion points, earned Folding at Home -- possibly selling several of my GPUs
(Don't worry - I'm still pushing over 70 Million points per day for Team EVGA - without the hardware listed )

I am looking to sell off some EVGA 3080 Ti & 3090Ti GPUs & have made a price check thread listing the cards & some EK water blocks, to help me decide which cards to sell & which ones to keep.  Also (2) EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrids on the list

Still working on my list of all the RAM (details) the  X99 MBs, CPUs, (RAM,  mostly GSkill RAM) -  I have upgraded my MB collection (X299 & AMD X570), but if you need lots of PCIe lanes X99 is a great price point. Looking to sell MB & CPU combos & RAM optional

added EVGA X79 DARKCPU i7- 3970X (I'll have to boot to confirm)(purchased years ago, this CPU was lapped before I bought it), with 32 GB RAM
|

The 3090Ti Kingpin is the only GPU on my list that I'm going to be less flexible on the price

If your in the market for more GPU power or another X99 rig, send a PM

I know not everyone has marketplace access, send a PM if you need a copy of list

Please in your PM --> give your Team information, heatware or other feedback link(s) if I have not done a Sales or trade with you in the past

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

favrepeoria
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Doing some Spring Cleaning in Celebration of my 75 Billion points, earned Folding at H 2024/04/14 06:45:45 (permalink)
Trying to get back in on folding but probably on a more limited basis than previous. I would say you are likely better off selling the 3000 series cards based on prices I have seen. The going rate for the 3080 TI and 3090 is higher than 4070 supers. The 4070 super is higher performant and less power so more efficient.

I agree that X99s are great for folding if trying to do so on a budget. I am working out getting my 2080ti back in the game but unfortunately sold off most other cards last year since I had been laid off. Had been considering selling them anyway since a 4090 was doing the same PPD at less power than my entire setup(2x 3080, 2x 2080ti).
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31009
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Doing some Spring Cleaning in Celebration of my 75 Billion points, earned Folding at H 2024/04/14 14:21:02 (permalink)
The PCIe lanes of X99 just can't be replaced by new MBs, except for the X299 MB or a server MB. 

I finally made the switch to X299 after the CPU prices for used HEDT - CPUs finally became reasonable.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

favrepeoria
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Doing some Spring Cleaning in Celebration of my 75 Billion points, earned Folding at H 2024/04/14 14:44:34 (permalink)
The WRX90 boards look like they might be interesting in about 5-6 years. Most of them have 5 x16 5.0 slots at full speed. The rarity of them might make the prices not come down like X299 though.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile