EVGA

Hot!Z790 classified not updating bios on second bios chip

Author
DreadNaught503
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/01/05 22:39:20 (permalink)
When trying to update the first bios chip on the motherboard to 1.11 it failed to update so I tried updating it again and got the same result. When trying to post in bios on bios chip one the motherboard would not post with the post code 00 displaying. So I switched over to bios chip 2 and it was able to post in to the bios but when trying to update the bios from the bios itself the updating bios window with the progress bar is not moving at all, I've sat here for 20 minutes and still nothing. What's exactly going on ? Does this motherboard have bad bios chips ? What should I do, turn off the system ?

How do I reset the bios back to the stock bios on bios chip 1 to fix it ?
post edited by DreadNaught503 - 2024/01/05 22:40:50

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31075
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: Z790 classified not updating bios on second bios chip 2024/01/20 09:45:10 (permalink)
    What hardware is installed in the MB?
    PSU?
    OS?
    USB devices?

Have you tried flashing BIOS with no CPU installed?

Did you make a backup of the original BIOS in position #2?

Have you tried any of the older BIOS files.  earlier BIOS files for each board can be found on our Download Center.

I know that flashing the BIOS Requires the Correct file (fat 32) format & file name ... directions should tell you if you need to rename the file - (see directions in MB Manual)

FAQ # 59733 - What do I do if my motherboard BIOS is corrupted?
    What do I do if my motherboard BIOS is corrupted?

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3601626
    (snip)

BIOS Installation within BIOS

• Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
    • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
    • From the BIOS, navigate to the EXTRAS tab at the upper left and click on "BIOS Update"
    • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.

BIOS Installation Without CPU

• Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
    • Rename the file "EVGAE7XX.bin", where XX is the last two digits of the part number (e.g. Z790 DARK K|NGP|N should be EVGAE799.bin)
    • Install the USB flash drive into the USB Type-A port on the motherboard.
    • Make sure to connect the 24pin power connector from your power supply to the motherboard. 
    • Switch on the power supply, if it is not already on.
    • Hold the BIOS Update button on the rear I/O for approximately 2 seconds until the flash begins (the cursor on the POST LED will begin cycling)
    • The BIOS update may take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete.  When done, the board will restart.
    • Complete the rest of your build at this point to confirm a successful flash.

Also, earlier BIOS files for each board can be found on our Download Center.

The EVGA support team is available through email at Support@EVGA.com

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile