I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed

Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 7 of 10
Author
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1788
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:05:32 (permalink)
narrn001
Lol everyone is saying the Titan X is worth it because of the extra VRAM. Lol just look at the real world numbers, it barley makes any difference in games @ 4K currently compared to 6GB.

Then comes the argument that it will future proof when games do use more than 6GB of VRAM. But when will games use so much VRAM that it will actually make a difference, because atm it does not. When, later this year? Next year? When games finally do require 12GB VRAM to actually make a reasonable performance increase (which I highly doubt is anytime soon), by that time new generation cards will be released (Pascal/arctic islands) with much better performance, and most likely even more VRAM.

And not to mention if DX12 let you stack VRAM from multi GPU setups.

I don't understand everyone trying to 'shame' Titan X owners, either.  Some people probably never should have bought the card to begin with, agreed.  For some, the Ti makes more sense for their intended use and it wasn't available when they purchased the X.  For others, such as myself, it was all about owning the card.  And it still is the card... for now.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
Beasthunt
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:10:01 (permalink)
mdzcpa
Beasthunt

I agree with this, and any game that does use over 6gb vram, you will not be able to run it at 4k 60fps on a single Titan x anyway. Fact is, the Titan x is a 1440p card. It's not a 4k card unless you SLI or are happy with 4k/30fps. And if we are talking about SLI, i'm sure the 980 ti SLI will be a monster.

I just don't buy into his keeping for the extra vram. The card is powerful, but it's not all powerful and it's not really a 4k card. Mine runs Witcher 3 at about 40-45 fps on 4k with hairworks and AA turned off. After playing with the card, heavily, for over a week. It's just no value in it for gaming over the 980ti, tbh.

I think you are failing to understand how VRAM with SLI works. Regardless of the number of GPUs you only have the VRAM limit of a single card to work with. So SLI 980Ti will have a max of 6GB. SLI TX will have 12GB.  It is not unreasonable to expect 4K gaming and/or game mods to use more than 6GB. And with TX in SLI you have 2 full blown GM200 to push the pixels.  That's a sweet 4K gaming set up.  Although 12GB of VRAM is more than even multi GPU GM200s can process it does provide the needed overhead.  I suspect 8GB or so would be the sweet spot for having enough VRAM to feed multi GM200s.  But 6GB is not going to be enough to push 980Ti SLI at 4K with Ultra settings. 

I know exactly how SLI works. I know vram doesn't stack. I just ran Shadow of Mordor full blast at 4k and I was getting an average of 6.1gb of memory used. Turn textures down one notch to high and you are at 3.7gb usage.  Witcher 3 barely breaks 2gb on 4k.  8bg is indeed the sweet spot, but i'm fairly certain SoM is a resource hog and an exception, and that one setting is not a game breaker between 980 ti and Titan x.....for $400 if you bought the SC version like I did. I don't have GTA V on pc so I don't know the memory usage on that one.

The vram scare is being blown out of proportion here. Sure it's great for peace of mind, but that's about it. You will probably be long done with your 980 ti's/Titan x before you have to constantly worry about 6gb vram not being enough.
post edited by Beasthunt - 2015/06/03 06:12:02
mdzcpa
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 311
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:20:16 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
I don't understand everyone trying to 'shame' Titan X owners, either.  Some people probably never should have bought the card to begin with, agreed.  For some, the Ti makes more sense for their intended use and it wasn't available when they purchased the X.  For others, such as myself, it was all about owning the card.  And it still is the card... for now.

Well, its a combination of things.  There is no doubt that the 980 Ti price point has been eye raising at a minimum, and that Nvidia did not cut down performance much to differentiate it from TX.  So I can certainly see how some folks can make the claim that 980 Ti is the real king in bang for the buck situations. You also have a good number of the jealous guys that really can't afford the top end kit.  They see others spending huge premiums for "the best" in a price range where the return on investment might begin to fade.  For me, I want the best, I know there are diminishing returns at the high end, and I elect to pay the price.  Some folks cannot grasp that. I wouldn't let it bother you.  At the end of the day TX is still king for now and the 980 Ti is a lesser card.  Some folks will want to make themselves believe the 980 Ti is equal so they can feel good and save a bundle of cash.  For most people the 980 Ti is a smart buy.  But for those that have or want the TX, have the budget, and value the TX VRAM and full GM200, there is nothing wrong with it.

PS.  If I were buying today I'd still likely get the TX because I want the extra VRAM for SLI at 4K.  I would never count on the DX12 adoption guesstimate to save me when 6GB hits the 4k limit in the not so distant future.

9900K @ 5.1Ghz
Asus Maximus Hero XI
32GB Gskill GTZ RBG @ 4000 
Asus Strix 2080 Ti OC Edition 
OS & Apps: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Storage: WD Blue 4TB
Seasonic 1000 Prime Titanium

Phanteks Evolve X 

CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:23:52 (permalink)
Beasthunt
mdzcpa
Beasthunt

I agree with this, and any game that does use over 6gb vram, you will not be able to run it at 4k 60fps on a single Titan x anyway. Fact is, the Titan x is a 1440p card. It's not a 4k card unless you SLI or are happy with 4k/30fps. And if we are talking about SLI, i'm sure the 980 ti SLI will be a monster.

I just don't buy into his keeping for the extra vram. The card is powerful, but it's not all powerful and it's not really a 4k card. Mine runs Witcher 3 at about 40-45 fps on 4k with hairworks and AA turned off. After playing with the card, heavily, for over a week. It's just no value in it for gaming over the 980ti, tbh.

I think you are failing to understand how VRAM with SLI works. Regardless of the number of GPUs you only have the VRAM limit of a single card to work with. So SLI 980Ti will have a max of 6GB. SLI TX will have 12GB.  It is not unreasonable to expect 4K gaming and/or game mods to use more than 6GB. And with TX in SLI you have 2 full blown GM200 to push the pixels.  That's a sweet 4K gaming set up.  Although 12GB of VRAM is more than even multi GPU GM200s can process it does provide the needed overhead.  I suspect 8GB or so would be the sweet spot for having enough VRAM to feed multi GM200s.  But 6GB is not going to be enough to push 980Ti SLI at 4K with Ultra settings. 

I know exactly how SLI works. I know vram doesn't stack. I just ran Shadow of Mordor full blast at 4k and I was getting an average of 6.1gb of memory used. Turn textures down one notch to high and you are at 3.7gb usage.  Witcher 3 barely breaks 2gb on 4k.  8bg is indeed the sweet spot, but i'm fairly certain SoM is a resource hog and an exception, and that one setting is not a game breaker between 980 ti and Titan x.....for $400 if you bought the SC version like I did. I don't have GTA V on pc so I don't know the memory usage on that one.

The vram scare is being blown out of proportion here. Sure it's great for peace of mind, but that's about it. You will probably be long done with your 980 ti's/Titan x before you have to constantly worry about 6gb vram not being enough.

Some people don't want to turn down textures. 

Beasthunt
iCX Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:29:22 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
Beasthunt
mdzcpa
Beasthunt

Some people don't want to turn down textures. 

Hahahahaha. Nothing wrong with that, my friend. I'm still debating to return mine or keep it. I have roughly 20 days to decide. 
mdzcpa
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 311
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:29:40 (permalink)
Beasthunt
mdzcpa
Beasthunt

I completely respect your position. And for most folks you make a solid argument.

For me, I don't buy kit in the high end to turn down settings. But that's just me.

BTW, its not a VRAM scare.  6GB will be fine for the high end mainstream for most gamers. All some folks are saying here is that it is a nice piece of mind to have 12GB on tap when they already see some games pushing the 6GB envelope today. So for them it is worth the premium. For others its not. There is no right or wrong answers here, it's personal choice.  But for some to come on here to say there is zero value to the TX compared to the 980 Ti is nonsense.  The premium price is not for everyone, but the VRAM and few extra clusters certainly have value.

9900K @ 5.1Ghz
Asus Maximus Hero XI
32GB Gskill GTZ RBG @ 4000 
Asus Strix 2080 Ti OC Edition 
OS & Apps: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Storage: WD Blue 4TB
Seasonic 1000 Prime Titanium

Phanteks Evolve X 

Beasthunt
iCX Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:34:51 (permalink)
mdzcpa
Beasthunt
mdzcpa
Beasthunt

I completely respect your position. And for most folks you make a solid argument.

For me, I don't buy kit in the high end to turn down settings. But that's just me.

BTW, its not a VRAM scare.  6GB will be fine for the high end mainstream for most gamers. All some folks are saying here is that it is a nice piece of mind to have 12GB on tap when they already see some games pushing the 6GB envelope today. So for them it is worth the premium. For others its not. There is no right or wrong answers here, it's personal choice.  But for some to come on here to say there is zero value to the TX compared to the 980 Ti is nonsense.  The premium price is not for everyone, but the VRAM and few extra clusters certainly have value.

That is indeed the pickle. I cannot disagree.
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 06:39:04 (permalink)
mdzcpa
CoercionShaman

Well, its a combination of things.  There is no doubt that the 980 Ti price point has been eye raising at a minimum, and that Nvidia did not cut down performance much to differentiate it from TX.  So I can certainly see how some folks can make the claim that 980 Ti is the real king in bang for the buck situations. You also have a good number of the jealous guys that really can't afford the top end kit.  They see others spending huge premiums for "the best" in a price range where the return on investment might begin to fade.  For me, I want the best, I know there are diminishing returns at the high end, and I elect to pay the price.  Some folks cannot grasp that. I wouldn't let it bother you.  At the end of the day TX is still king for now and the 980 Ti is a lesser card.  Some folks will want to make themselves believe the 980 Ti is equal so they can feel good and save a bundle of cash.  For most people the 980 Ti is a smart buy.  But for those that have or want the TX, have the budget, and value the TX VRAM and full GM200, there is nothing wrong with it.

PS.  If I were buying today I'd still likely get the TX because I want the extra VRAM for SLI at 4K.  I would never count on the DX12 adoption guesstimate to save me when 6GB hits the 4k limit in the not so distant future.

It isn't that it bothers me.  I was mostly just making the point that you, as well, clarified.  But in the interest of intelligent discussion, the comment needed to be made.  I would still probably buy the X today, too.  I knew the Ti (or some variant) was coming.  I knew that Pascal should be a giant leap.  I know that the generation after Pascal will be even better.  Also, they had to do something with the GM-200 chips that didn't quite make it.  I have stated it before.  Without the Titan X (and the potential specifications of the upcoming AMD release), there would be no Ti at the current price point.

I'm not at all saying the Ti isn't a killer card for the price point.  It is, in fact, phenomenal for the price point and performance that it offers in comparison to the other offerings in the current market.  It is the right choice for a majority of high end gamers.  If someone bought a Titan X and they are now upset that the Ti is released, they, as an individual, probably should not have bought a Titan X to begin with.

Beasthunt
iCX Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 08:02:38 (permalink)
No one should be "upset", tbh. You made a purchase. At the time you bought what you wanted. If Nvidia launches something a week later with the exact same specs for much cheaper then there is no reason to be upset. Future products should never change your emotions towards your purchase.

Now there are those like myself, who can return the Titan and perhaps get dual 980 tis for a few hundred bucks more.

Since the HD texture pack in SoM is not a standard feature, as in you have to download it separate from the game, it's basically a mod. So said 980ti can easily max the game at 4k with no mods. When adding mods in the equation things change. I know I've said it before and I will say it again; I've said it before......*meme joke*

I think both sides are grasping at straws trying to convince themselves one is better. One guy has a legitimate issue with his $1100 dollar card and is RMA'ing it. Can't blame him.

Call me shady but at the least I will be returning my Titan X to micro center for my $1089 refund plus tax and ordering the hybrid cooled Titan X. Or pondering going 980 sli for a few hundred bucks more.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 08:05:20 (permalink)
Beasthunt
No one should be "upset", tbh. You made a purchase. At the time you bought what you wanted. If Nvidia launches something a week later with the exact same specs for much cheaper then there is no reason to be upset. Future products should never change your emotions towards your purchase.

Now there are those like myself, who can return the Titan and perhaps get dual 980 tis for a few hundred bucks more.

Since the HD texture pack in SoM is not a standard feature, as in you have to download it separate from the game, it's basically a mod. So said 980ti can easily max the game at 4k with no mods. When adding mods in the equation things change. I know I've said it before and I will say it again; I've said it before......*meme joke*

I think both sides are grasping at straws trying to convince themselves one is better. One guy has a legitimate issue with his $1100 dollar card and is RMA'ing it. Can't blame him.

Call me shady but at the least I will be returning my Titan X to micro center for my $1089 refund plus tax and ordering the hybrid cooled Titan X. Or pondering going 980 sli for a few hundred bucks more.

you're totally correct.

Let's reverse everything... Let's pretend that Nvidia launched Gtx 980ti. How many people would buy it? Alot... 2 months pass, and then they launch the Titan X. How many people do you think would complain they wished they have waited for the Titanx?

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 08:11:36 (permalink)
Beasthunt

Not shady if you are within your legitimate return period at all.  Had this Hybrid been out when I bought mine, I would have gone for that without a doubt.  I was an early adopter.  It is a great cooling solution and I like the dark shroud EVGA provides.  I don't mind having the 980 shroud, though, as I don't have a side window.  But, if I could see it all the time...

If I were going 4K, I would strongly consider the Ti in SLI because of the price.  I'm not big on the SLI in my older days.  If I see someone dropping an X at a good price, I may give it a go again.  Then I would have to buy a 4K monitor, too.  Currently just waiting on the next wave of monitors to arrive this summer and then make a decision on what to do.

mstoll23
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 08:19:38 (permalink)
Shaman, if you go 4k, i highly recommend waiting for the PG27AQ by Asus. I don't know when the release date is, but it's gonna be IPS, 60hz, and most importantly, G-sync!! I really hope the price point is below $600.

Specs
Asus Z97-Pro Mobo
i7 4790k clocked at 4.7ghz using tower cooler
32gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram
EVGA Titan X SC
240gb SSD
PB287Q Monitor
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad - Copper 750W(825W Peak)
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 08:37:19 (permalink)
mstoll23
Shaman, if you go 4k, i highly recommend waiting for the PG27AQ by Asus. I don't know when the release date is, but it's gonna be IPS, 60hz, and most importantly, G-sync!! I really hope the price point is below $600.

That is one I was watching.  I have little doubt it will $899 or more.  The AOC TN with GSYNC is currently at $800.  Also interested to see if they can get their 34" 21:9 to 75Hz like the Acer XR341CKA.  I still think that is my sweet spot and I love my current 21:9.  They will be $1300, though.

I am getting way off topic from the original thread.  Apologies.

lextheimpaler
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:13:28 (permalink)
3 months $350 lost?  Not really I could have died on a treadmill during that time. Time=money. It will be another 3 months before people get their hands on a EVGA 980Ti anyway, unless you don't mind paying more for one. There's one selling on eBay for more than a Titan X.
lextheimpaler
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:16:00 (permalink)
fluffy177
Technically it's been 3 months but it's still bogus. I think the 780Ti was an accident and was only released to combat the 290x. Now it's intentional with very little to no regard for current Titan X owners. Just goes to show how little Nvidia values their customers. I was always a proud Nvidia owner but not anymore. They've completely lost my trust and I just can't trust buying a GPU from them anymore because of the fear of it being outdone for cheaper just months later. They need to stop with the BS of staggering the release of their cards. Release them all at one time and let customers pick what they want instead of being shafted months later. 

Who else you going to go to? AMD? They know you have $$$ and are more than willing to take it from you. Don't worry you find a way of getting back that $350.
ARMYguy
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1050
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:19:27 (permalink)
My opinion is that if someone bought a Titan x, and is freaking out at the price of the 980 ti, that person shouldn't even be buying either. GPUs are some of the worst investments on capital you can make, no matter which you buy, and if the extra cost premium makes you even bat an eye, just walk away now. 

As for me, im glad i went two right off the bat, cause one TX just doesn't have the power to keep my frame rates where i want them (144 fps on a 144 hz g sync lcd). Worth every penny to me.

Asus Strix Z790 F - Intel 13700 K - Gigabyte 4090 Windforce - 32gb DDR 5 - 1TB Samsung SSD 850 evo - Windows 10 Pro - 1TB Samsung M.2 860 - Inland 2 TB NVMe - Acer Predator X27
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:20:33 (permalink)
ARMYguy
My opinion is that if someone bought a Titan x, and is freaking out at the price of the 980 ti, that person shouldn't even be buying either. GPUs are some of the worst investments on capital you can make, no matter which you buy, and if the extra cost premium makes you even bat an eye, just walk away now. 

As for me, im glad i went two right off the bat, cause one TX just doesn't have the power to keep my frame rates where i want them (144 fps on a 144 hz g sync lcd). Worth every penny to me.

Agreed.

zildjian75
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1261
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:35:22 (permalink)
Ok fellas...

I have read about the first 2 pages of this thread and it's the same old same old...  This is tech...  This is what happens...  How can you get upset about this?  It's nothing new...  if there was no titan x folks would be whining for a card with the performance of a 980ti but double the ram...  Besides, isn't the titan Double precision...  It's not all about speed when it comes to the titan.

If it makes y'all feel any better, I bought 2 980 SC's about 6-7 months ago and I don't regret it one bit!  Cost about $100 more than a single titan and will smoke the titan and 980ti...  7 months later!!  Like I said... there is more to the Titan than just speed.  Pick yourselves up by  the bootstraps and find a way to move on with life!!!

This is out of control!!! 
post edited by zildjian75 - 2015/06/03 09:38:42

"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows."   Thomas Jefferson

RIG#1 (Home) - i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz w/ CM V8 GTS - EVGA Z97 Classified - Win10 64bit - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133mhz - 2 x EVGA GTX 980SC in SLI - Corsair AX850 - 250GB Samsung Evo (main) - 500GB Samsung Evo (games) - 1TB WD Black (misc) - Aerocool Strike-X (Cheesy... But effective!)

jlp209
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 406
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:37:08 (permalink)
Hmm. I have about $1000 in rewards at my disposal, had my heart set on a 980 Ti until I read about the new Asus 27" 1440p IPS 144hz monitor coming out. <wallet throws itself onto my PC monitor> I may just say to heck with it and buy a Titan X for longevity sake, and then SLI it down the road if need be. If I were one of you who bought the Titan X I'd absolutely keep it, why not.

Asus ROG Strix Z390-I / i9 9900K @ 4.8ghz / Noctua NH-U12A / EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra / 32 gb G.Skill DDR4 3600 ram / Inland Premium 2TB NVMe SSD / WD 4TB SSD / LG 27GN950 4K 144hz monitor / Silverstone SX1000 PSU / Lian Li TU150 ITX case 
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:38:44 (permalink)
zildjian75
Ok fellas...

I have read about the first 2 pages of this thread and it's the same old same old...  This is tech...  This is what happens...  How can you get upset about this?  It's nothing new...  if there was no titan x folks would be whining for a card with the performance of a 980ti but double the ram...  Besides, isn't the titan Double precision...  It's not all about speed when it comes to the titan.

If it makes y'all feel any better, I bought 2 980 SC's about 6-7 months ago and I don't regret it one bit!  Cast about $100 more than a single titan and will smoke the titan and 980ti...  7 months later!!  Like I said... there is more to the Titan than just speed.  Pick yourselves up by  the bootstraps and find a way to move on with life!!!

Not double precision like previous Titan.  Agree on other.

jgonz
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 331
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:39:07 (permalink)
I remember when the 680s launched. The talk of the town was they were intended to be the mid range (670 card). I paid $500 for two of them. Because they were awesome cards and a huge upgrade from a single 470. Fast forward 2 years I complimented those same 680s with a G Sync Monitor $800 bucks. I don't get caught up in average FPS numbers since G Sync. But all in all its an average of $600 bucks a year since the 680s arrived that I have invested in NVIDIA. My next video card could be PASCAL, but honestly I play my games just fine at high quality settings in 2560x1440 resolution with my setup.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6847387? 2x680s Overclocked, in X99 system with 5820k @ 4.7ghz   (Fire Strike Graphic Score: 15196)

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_980_ti_review,24.html 980Ti (Fire Strike Graphic Score: 15656)

CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 09:40:38 (permalink)
jpearson79
Hmm. I have about $1000 in rewards at my disposal, had my heart set on a 980 Ti until I read about the new Asus 27" 1440p IPS 144hz monitor coming out. <wallet throws itself onto my PC monitor> I may just say to heck with it and buy a Titan X for longevity sake, and then SLI it down the road if need be. If I were one of you who bought the Titan X I'd absolutely keep it, why not.

Wow.  My wallet does the same thing with PC components up on the screen!  Several monitors coming have my attention.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49199
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 11:55:31 (permalink)
zildjian75 Besides, isn't the titan Double precision...  It's not all about speed when it comes to the titan.

If it makes y'all feel any better, I bought 2 980 SC's about 6-7 months ago and I don't regret it one bit!  Cost about $100 more than a single titan and will smoke the titan and 980ti...  7 months later!!  Like I said... there is more to the Titan than just speed.  Pick yourselves up by  the bootstraps and find a way to move on with life!!!

Titan X is good for single precision (FP32) but is lacking in double precision (FP64) when compared to the original Titan & Titan Black.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/03 12:03:42 (permalink)
The Titan and Titan black had full use of fp64.. The 780 and 780ti did not. Wasnt that a driver thing to keep the 780 and 780ti from utilizing the fp64 the same way?

Why wouldn't NVidia unlock the Titan X to utilize fp64 through drivers, just like the titan/titan black?

I could have misunderstood that, but if everyone wants fp64 and it is only a driver lock, Nvidia could really make some people happy with a quick fix.
Mineria
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/04 04:33:08 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
This stinks.  I understand that technology changes very fast.  But I spent over 1k a month ago and now this 980 gtx ti comes out with all the same speed but $400 cheaper?  

THIS STINKS

What stinks?
You got the full unlimited chip and double the memory, slap some custom cooling on it and OC. :D
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102505
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/04 04:46:39 (permalink)
stalinx20
mdzcpa
I get the feeling the folks that are dumping their Titan X cards are folks that likely bought the wrong card to begin with.

These would be folks that:
1. Had no business spending $1,000 on a GPU to begin with and it's a real budget concern
2. Did not understand the true value of 12GB VRAM (SLI, high resolutions, multi monitor)
3. Did not truly want the best card available (only want "good enough" for the price)

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why some folks are returning their TX card to get a lesser card that's "close" in performance and save $350 bucks. These are folks looking for a good bang for the buck.  And the 980Ti is certainly going to do that. But it is these folks that likely do not realize what the TX was all about to begin with in my opinion.

Although I'm a bit surprised the 980Ti is debuting at $650 (versus say $800), you couldn't pry my TX cards from my hands. 

The 970 contraversy/ The hype/ pressure from people saying they "need more VRAM".

If they have a 4K monitor then they would be correct.....

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/04 05:07:56 (permalink)
rjohnson11
stalinx20
mdzcpa
I get the feeling the folks that are dumping their Titan X cards are folks that likely bought the wrong card to begin with.

These would be folks that:
1. Had no business spending $1,000 on a GPU to begin with and it's a real budget concern
2. Did not understand the true value of 12GB VRAM (SLI, high resolutions, multi monitor)
3. Did not truly want the best card available (only want "good enough" for the price)

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why some folks are returning their TX card to get a lesser card that's "close" in performance and save $350 bucks. These are folks looking for a good bang for the buck.  And the 980Ti is certainly going to do that. But it is these folks that likely do not realize what the TX was all about to begin with in my opinion.

Although I'm a bit surprised the 980Ti is debuting at $650 (versus say $800), you couldn't pry my TX cards from my hands. 

The 970 contraversy/ The hype/ pressure from people saying they "need more VRAM".

If they have a 4K monitor then they would be correct.....

No, what I meant to that was they were so anticipated and anxious that they didn't want to wait for the 980ti. People knew this item was coming, they just didn't want to wait.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/06/04 05:11:48

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6118
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/04 06:30:50 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
Stephenk291
Oh give me a break. The next card they release you'll buy. I love when people post crap like this like it's the end of the world. Nvidia is a business they're making a business decision to combat the 390x ahead of time. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it. You pay a premium when you adopt the latest and greatest.

You don't have to be a jerk man

No, he doesn't have to be a jerk, but the point stands.

You do pay a premium to be the first with new tech. If you don't want to do that, don't..wait 3 months to 6 months, then buy.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

doomstrider
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/04 18:13:47 (permalink)

I was installing my water blocks, remove stock cooler and one of my titan x only had one piece of thermal pad. SMFH NVIDIA, EVGA. 1k plus card and this is what i find. Imagine if i never water cooled them
Beasthunt
iCX Member
Re: I'm a Titan X owner who is officially bummed 2015/06/04 18:20:43 (permalink)
doomstrider

I was installing my water blocks, remove stock cooler and one of my titan x only had one piece of thermal pad. SMFH NVIDIA, EVGA. 1k plus card and this is what i find. Imagine if i never water cooled them

Hahahahahaha, well dang.
Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 7 of 10
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile