• Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 26

26 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 12:38:19 (permalink)

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 12:58:15 (permalink)

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 13:09:19 (permalink)
    I'm Jealous.
    Cristiancl
    • Total Posts : 27
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 15:06:48 (permalink)
    It must be nice to have exclusive access to that DARK motherboard while the whole EVGA Community doesn't have even an ETA on the release date. But it's great that you're enjoying your board pal!

The wisest are the most annoyed at the loss of time
    fergusonll
    FTW Member
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 15:26:37 (permalink)
    Cristiancl
    It must be nice to have exclusive access to that DARK motherboard while the whole EVGA Community doesn't have even an ETA on the release date. But it's great that you're enjoying your board pal!

Yea I here ya, but somebody has to do some real world testing and put it through the grinder, haha.
    woodzstack
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 16:49:01 (permalink)
    SO wait, these new motherboards will be limiting the number of cores/threads we can use ?

The i9-7980X or however it is named, is 18 cores 36 threads, but he used this for his benchmark, but the board only supports 12 cores/24 threads ?

Honestly this is EXTREMELY disapointing.  Or , was it supposed to be the X399 boards ? So confused here...
    post edited by woodzstack - 2017/09/25 17:55:11
    fergusonll
    FTW Member
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 18:45:16 (permalink)
    I believe that is a misprint or was printed before the higher cores were released(on the boards support page). It was talked about in another thread that all EVGA's x299 boards will support all x299 cpu's.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 19:02:59 (permalink)
    Cristiancl

When you are the guy helping build the board,you need access to it... K|ngp|n and T|n design the board... so... they probably should have access to test the board and make sure it performs.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2017/09/25 19:26:14
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30972
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 19:04:07 (permalink)
    EVGA hardware is chosen to be used for another World Record ---> When only the Best will Do  Use EVGA

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 19:23:30 (permalink)

fergusonll
    I believe that is a misprint or was printed before the higher cores were released(on the boards support page). It was talked about in another thread that all EVGA's x299 boards will support all x299 cpu's.

Yup, that was before the higher core counts were announced, will have it updated.

Cristiancl
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 19:38:56 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Cristiancl

When you are the guy helping build the board,you need access to it... K|ngp|n and T|n design the board... so... yeah.

If you didn't get the idea of my sarcasm, i don't really care if he has the board or not, what i'm trying to say is that EVGA is doing a terrible PR job by keeping everybody out in the dark (pun intended) regarding the release of the x299 boards. It's been months since the announcements, every major manufacturer has already released their products and we don't have even the final specs of the X299 Dark (rumors that Kingpin tweaked the board), much less an ETA on the release date. It could be Q2 2018, who knows? All X299 CPU's have been released... If the DARK MOBO is released in 2018 i don't even think that it is worth it to get it, considering that by H2 2018 Cannonlake will be released.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/25 20:08:24 (permalink)
    Cristiancl

If you didn't get the idea of my sarcasm, i don't really care if he has the board or not, what i'm trying to say is that EVGA is doing a terrible PR job by keeping everybody out in the dark (pun intended) regarding the release of the x299 boards. It's been months since the announcements, every major manufacturer has already released their products and we don't have even the final specs of the X299 Dark (rumors that Kingpin tweaked the board), much less an ETA on the release date. It could be Q2 2018, who knows? All X299 CPU's have been released... If the DARK MOBO is released in 2018 i don't even think that it is worth it to get it, considering that by H2 2018 Cannonlake will be released.

Sorry, but sarcasm rarely transfers in digital lettering.

Also, there has been multiple changes to the dark board, not rumors, as the ram has been moved and all. If you want a rushed and untested board, feel free to grab anything available. This is being tested and refined with a purpose.

EVGA is always quiet every release. This isn’t new
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2017/09/25 20:11:00
    Cristiancl
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/26 06:42:03 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Cristiancl

Also, there has been multiple changes to the dark board, not rumors, as the ram has been moved and all. If you want a rushed and untested board, feel free to grab anything available. This is being tested and refined with a purpose.

No, i don't want a rushed and untested board, this is why i'm sticking with EVGA, the quality and warranty rules over the competition, but i can't ignore the fact that they could improve PR and be more transparent with the community. It's like when you are in a toxic relationship but you don't want to end it because you love it.

Stevo86
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/26 07:04:37 (permalink)
    Cristiancl
    the_Scarlet_one
    Cristiancl

No, i don't want a rushed and untested board, this is why i'm sticking with EVGA, the quality and warranty rules over the competition, but i can't ignore the fact that they could improve PR and be more transparent with the community. It's like when you are in a toxic relationship but you don't want to end it because you love it.

I think you are in the minority when you complain about transparency and PR being a problem. This board is a flagship and as such needs to go through rigorous testing before being released. If a date is set then it puts a clock on everything which could hinder quality (if it's rushed out) or cause an uproar (if it's late). Patience is the name of the game here and I guarantee if you are patient, you'll be rewarded with one of, if not the, top motherboard built around the X299 chipset. I will be one of the first in line to buy the X299 Dark upon release but until then, my X79 Dark is doing just fine.
    Cristiancl
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/26 20:30:35 (permalink)
    Stevo86
    Cristiancl
    the_Scarlet_one
    Cristiancl

I think you are in the minority when you complain about transparency and PR being a problem. This board is a flagship and as such needs to go through rigorous testing before being released. If a date is set then it puts a clock on everything which could hinder quality (if it's rushed out) or cause an uproar (if it's late). Patience is the name of the game here and I guarantee if you are patient, you'll be rewarded with one of, if not the, top motherboard built around the X299 chipset. I will be one of the first in line to buy the X299 Dark upon release but until then, my X79 Dark is doing just fine.

Not quite, look around, maybe i'm the only one expressing myself here. EVGA isn't a small player, they're selling their products around the world, they have costumers everywhere, and i can assure you that only a small percentage of it's consumers read the forums. Of those, a smaller percentage posts anything. Of that small user base that uses the forum, take a look at the X299 forum section and read a few posts from the topics from the last few months and you will find many people that are frustrated like me that it's taking too long and even more that there is no ETA. Now look at the bigger picture. If at this small user base we have so many people frustrated, what about all the current and potential customers of EVGA? We can't know for sure since we can't speak with each one of them, but if you look at things statistically... 

But if you are taking my posts like i'm bashing the company, please read them again, cause i'm not.

And yeah, I agree with you, as i said before rigorous testing isn't the problem. I'm not asking for an exact date since problems may appear along the way and that is ok, but as a good PR move with the community, keeping us on the loop would make the things easier. Or else, why even announce a product that is not even final? They could have announced X299 Micro and X299 FTW K and waited until X299 Dark was ready to launch to be announced, and this whole drama would be spared. Like a possible X299 Classified release in the future shall they decide to release it.

Yes i'm being very patient so far and i'll wait until the X299 Dark is released, but i really really hope that the hype and the expectations doesn't make all that wait in vain. I really hope that X299 Dark can beat the Asus Rampage VI Extreme, that so far, with 8 DDR slots is overclocking RAM better and more stable than Rampage VI Apex (also being able to reach 128GB), it has 10GbE Lan, EK Monoblock (with those x299 temp issues, water cooling is a must) and Water Cooling support onboard (Pump control, flow control, 2 temp sensors... etc) and i'm hating myself for even considering an Asus board, but for know it's the best x299 available. So yeah, let's all hope that all that wait EVGA is making us go thru rewards us by dethroning the Rampage Extreme.

SliderBaine
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/27 04:35:53 (permalink)
    Add this to the dumb things said list, ha!

"setting the standard for PC enthusiast hardware."

Not a standard people, reg consumers don't have a liquid nitro cooling system like that in their house!, lol

But at least hardware is getting faster. Now lets work on making game AI better!, Cheers and cudos to EVGA
    woodzstack
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/27 10:04:54 (permalink)
    Yeah I've been checking EVGA everyday for months, they just fixed it, but only after I wrote that. Oddly they have had the wrong information up for many months, which has stopped many people from buying. 

Go figure. 

Well good to know it does support 18cores/36 threads. 
    woodzstack
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/09/27 10:07:32 (permalink)
    Yeah, thanks. SOrry I guess I should have said something sooner, the page has been up for awhile - not the world record thing, but the page showing the stats of the X299 motherboards like the "Dark" have been. 

Well alls good in the end so thank you if you did infact fix this/were the one responsible. 
    CriticalHit_NL
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 404
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/10/06 10:17:02 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF
    Some new World Records using EVGA Hardware, a new Intel Core i9 7980XE!

Will we be seeing a new '3D Eclipse' type of video of this stunning performance?
    I mean, I basically can't believe nobody would capture this. 

For those who don't know what I refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfWqQio8_LM

i7 3930K 4.4Ghz - EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 - 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1866 - Asus Sabertooth X79 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 860 Pro 2TB - 3x HGST 7K4000 Deskstar 4TB - 3x HGST Ultrastar He10 8TB - Corsair AX1200i - Asus PG279Q + BenQ BL2411 - Razer Viper Mini/SBF98 - Logitech Z906 & G35 - Windows 10 Professional

Edome
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 271
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/10/16 07:18:05 (permalink)
    That's the coolest LN2 rig I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot!

Wonder what the mem clocks would have been with the new 12Gbps Micron modules introduced in FTW3 elite black/white.
    RoyTInHouston
    • Total Posts : 91
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/10/17 20:19:36 (permalink)
    It sure would be cool to be able to actually *buy* that awesome x299 dark motherboard... ;-)
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/10/17 21:38:37 (permalink)
    RoyTInHouston
    It sure would be cool to be able to actually *buy* that awesome x299 dark motherboard... ;-)

It has to finish testing and production before it can be sold. When it is done, it will be released
    dinicthis
    • Total Posts : 50
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/10/25 19:08:01 (permalink)

What's up with the extra SLI slapperoonies on the top edge of the circuit board nearer the rear of card?
    20-way SLI coming up? Serial SLI? Being able to make a superdupercomputer using a stack of Nvidia graphics cards?
    Curious.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2017/10/25 19:10:26 (permalink)
    dinicthis

What's up with the extra SLI slapperoonies on the top edge of the circuit board nearer the rear of card?
    20-way SLI coming up? Serial SLI? Being able to make a superdupercomputer using a stack of Nvidia graphics cards?
    Curious.

There has been no mention of what it actually is for, just for future products. Probably a evbot controller or something similar.
    mchang1984
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 114
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2018/10/19 16:04:58 (permalink)
    I hope that if a Z399 board is being designed for Basin Falls, Skylake X 9th Gen Soldered CPUs that you keep the VRM Fans and include more Gold Content in the CPU Socket with an 18 Phase VRM (16 CPU + 2 Memory).

I know you cannot confirm the existence of a Z399 Dark Motherboard, but with only a month from the new Z399 Motherboards, I hope you keep the VRM Fans from the X299 Dark that's everyone's favorite feature.

Just thought I would post my suggestion.
    startekselva
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 300
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: EVGA + KI|NGP|N + Intel Core i9 7980XE = World Record 2018/11/01 06:57:11 (permalink)
    im too member of X299 DARK

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile