EVGA

Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang).

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 9
Author
evilmustang66
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1598
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/01 21:32:07 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone here know the best cleaning agent I can use on the carpet on the interior to get it clean? It's got everything from lipstick to vegetable oil on it.

It's going to be out of the car when I clean it so yea.

White vinegar works well, might need to air out an extra day or two.  Can always cut it with some Tide and/or Oxy clean to try to diminish the scent of the vinegar.

Thanks! I'm under to time constraints with this car, so I want to use the most effective way possible. The reason I don't want to go out and buy new carpet is, well, the 184$ for new carpet could buy more mods, and the carpet is in physically good condition. No rips/tears, or wear spots due to my uncle using floor mats.

you could use oxiclean and water

but hey national parts depot / cjponyparts /and mustang unlimited carry plenty of restore parts plus some times good clearance
good luck and nice ride too.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81289  

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/01 21:33:49 (permalink)
evilmustang66
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone here know the best cleaning agent I can use on the carpet on the interior to get it clean? It's got everything from lipstick to vegetable oil on it.

White vinegar works well, might need to air out an extra day or two.  Can always cut it with some Tide and/or Oxy clean to try to diminish the scent of the vinegar.

Thanks! I'm under to time constraints with this car, so I want to use the most effective way possible. The reason I don't want to go out and buy new carpet is, well, the 184$ for new carpet could buy more mods, and the carpet is in physically good condition. No rips/tears, or wear spots due to my uncle using floor mats.

you could use oxiclean and water

but hey national parts depot / cjponyparts /and mustang unlimited carry plenty of restore parts plus some times good clearance
good luck and nice ride too.

Thanks! I think I'll just try to restore the carpet I have for now, because I only work 4 days a week and make minimum wage, I need to preserve all the money I can, and not spend it on irrelevant parts.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/13 23:37:19 (permalink)
After patiently waiting, I finally got my taxes back! Time for some upgrades! Next week, I'll be getting the following installed.

4.10 Rear end.
KYB gas-a-just rear shocks.
SVE upper and lower tubular control arms.
Koni red adjustable front struts.
Subframe connectors, not sure on the brand, but man they are some thick and badass subframe connectors, my buddy almost didn't sell them to me.
Passenger and driver side door. Gotta paint the passenger side, drivers is done.
Smog pump.
P/S pump.

So that's it. In the next 2 months I'll be getting a eldebrock manifold, 70mm throttle body and BBK cold air intake. I'm still trying to find out why I'm getting horrid mileage, I just filled up yesterday and got 12.9. It might be my short trips around town, and if it is, the 4.10 rear end should help a lot.

[Edit]: I may be getting an engine from my buddy as well. It's what's in his car right now, and he is swapping for a 331 engine and his will be up for sale. His is the stock 302 but it has a upgraded cam, Pistons and rods(?). He only wants 800 INSTALLED for it, so I may hold off on the intake, TB and CAI and get the engine instead. The engine also only has 40k miles on it, and is set up to run 15lbs of boost without a problem, something my current engine can't do.
post edited by Baltothewolf - 2015/02/13 23:40:50

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

RikkiTorment
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 379
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/13 23:47:32 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
After patiently waiting, I finally got my taxes back! Time for some upgrades! Next week, I'll be getting the following installed.

4.10 Rear end.
Subframe connectors, not sure on the brand, but man they are some thick and badass subframe connectors, my buddy almost didn't sell them to me.
Passenger and driver side door. Gotta paint the passenger side, drivers is done.
Smog pump.
P/S pump.

So that's it. In the next 2 months I'll be getting a eldebrock manifold, 70mm throttle body and BBK cold air intake. I'm still trying to find out why I'm getting horrid mileage, I just filled up yesterday and got 12.9. It might be my short trips around town, and if it is, the 4.10 rear end should help a lot.

[Edit]: I may be getting an engine from my buddy as well. It's what's in his car right now, and he is swapping for a 331 engine and his will be up for sale. His is the stock 302 but it has a upgraded cam, Pistons and rods(?). He only wants 800 INSTALLED for it, so I may hold off on the intake, TB and CAI and get the engine instead. The engine also only has 40k miles on it, and is set up to run 15lbs of boost without a problem, something my current engine can't do.

What gears are in it now?  I had 3.42's in my LS1 Trans Am and would see about 16mpg's city.  Since this past summer though, I have done 4.10's and threw a decent sized cam in there with high compression heads, I see about 12mpg's now with an extra 100-horsies under the hood.

"Is our skin to keep the world out or our bodies in?"

ASRock Xtreme6
Intel i7 4820k 4.5ghz air cooled
16gb G.Skill Trident X Quad Channel 2400
EVGA GTX 770 2GB SC x2
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/13 23:50:26 (permalink)
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf

4.10 Rear end.
Smog pump.
P/S pump.

What gears are in it now?  I had 3.42's in my LS1 Trans Am and would see about 16mpg's city.  Since this past summer though, I have done 4.10's and threw a decent sized cam in there with high compression heads, I see about 12mpg's now with an extra 100-horsies under the hood.

It's a bone stock car with AOD transmission and 2.73's in the rear end. I do 100% city, all trips under 10 miles. I try to keep my foot out of it as much as possible but hey, I'm 22 xD.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

RikkiTorment
iCX Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/13 23:55:59 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf

4.10 Rear end.
Smog pump.
P/S pump.

It's a bone stock car with AOD transmission and 2.73's in the rear end. I do 100% city, all trips under 10 miles. I try to keep my foot out of it as much as possible but hey, I'm 22 xD.

I'm 25, trust me, I know all about it! ;)

ASRock Xtreme6
EVGA GTX 770 2GB SC x2
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/14 00:02:00 (permalink)
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf

4.10 Rear end.
Smog pump.
P/S pump.

:P Definitely! This tank I have been keeping my foot out of it, even after being challenged once. I'm hoping it will help a little.

How fast does yours stop? It seems like to me my car just doesn't freaking stop. It's so aggravating, and terrifying. My friends '91 crown vic stops awesome, and his car is 600lbs heavier!! I can't figure out why, replacing the brakes helped a ton, but it didn't fully fix the problem...

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/14 00:05:38 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf

A good concentrated dishsoap, like Palmolive or Dawn, works fantastic for that type of stuff. Ive used Gojo too but I didn't think it did quite as good of a job as the dishsoap.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
RikkiTorment
iCX Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/14 00:15:52 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf

4.10 Rear end.
Smog pump.
P/S pump.

:P Definitely! This tank I have been keeping my foot out of it, even after being challenged once. I'm hoping it will help a little.

How fast does yours stop? It seems like to me my car just doesn't freaking stop. It's so aggravating, and terrifying. My friends '91 crown vic stops awesome, and his car is 600lbs heavier!! I can't figure out why, replacing the brakes helped a ton, but it didn't fully fix the problem...

Welp, this past year is when I had the stock brake pads replaced (2001 car now with 130,000 miles), and it felt like I had to really stab the brakes to get the car to stop.  Since then, it stops like a dream and pretty damn quick lol

Did you replace the lines or work on the reservoir by chance?

ASRock Xtreme6
EVGA GTX 770 2GB SC x2
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/14 00:51:14 (permalink)
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf
RikkiTorment
Baltothewolf

4.10 Rear end.
Smog pump.
P/S pump.

Welp, this past year is when I had the stock brake pads replaced (2001 car now with 130,000 miles), and it felt like I had to really stab the brakes to get the car to stop.  Since then, it stops like a dream and pretty damn quick lol

Did you replace the lines or work on the reservoir by chance?

I only put new pads on the front, that's it. The calipers looked like they are in good condition, but then again I don't really know what I'm looking for..

Silencer? What's that? I also need to do some homework on the timing thing.

The motor is the stock motor, 194k miles and a leaky oil pan, very leaky. It would be nice to get a newer motor with low miles (45k in this case).

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/14 02:26:37 (permalink)
bill1024
On the stock air box inside of the fender well there is a silencer. What it does is quiet down the air flow going into the motor. By removing it there is less restriction. More air the ecc will add more fuel - more HP

Oh ok cool, I'll do that before I leave work in the morning.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

DenyGFX
  • Total Posts : 81
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 06:39:29 (permalink)
If you really want to replace the engine try Jasper Engines. They could probably sell you a short block for cheaper than you can pay for a low mileage used engine.
jasperengines.com
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 06:51:04 (permalink)
The engine thing is an afterthought tbh, my main concern is getting all the stuff I bought put on (probably this Thursday) the brake situation sorted out, new rims, an alignment and new rotors put on. Everything that has to do with the brakes is #1 priority by far besides putting the new stuff on.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

DenyGFX
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 06:57:57 (permalink)
Oh ok I see.

Also, from experience, using a 3.73 gear over a 4.10 is a much better choice. We built an old Fox body with a 4.10 and 351 and while it was quick, it ran much better with the 3.73. Less RPMs at highway speed.
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 07:11:23 (permalink)
DenyGFX
Oh ok I see.

Also, from experience, using a 3.73 gear over a 4.10 is a much better choice. We built an old Fox body with a 4.10 and 351 and while it was quick, it ran much better with the 3.73. Less RPMs at highway speed.

Yea I debated 3.73's vs 4.10's for a very, very long time (~6 months). After some heavy research I was leaning towards 3.73's, then I drove an AOD with 4.10's and I decided to go with those. 2700rpm @70mph and red line at ~150 is perfect for me. I normally cruise 60-65 anyway on the freeway, and I will never do freeway with it as I have my insight for that. This fox is going to be strictly my around town/to work car (only 6 miles each way).

[Edit]: I may take it to my uncles in L.A. once in a while (100 miles) but, I digress, the 2700rpm at 70 doesn't bother me.
post edited by Baltothewolf - 2015/02/15 07:12:39

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

DenyGFX
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 07:19:23 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
DenyGFX
Oh ok I see.

Yea I debated 3.73's vs 4.10's for a very, very long time (~6 months). After some heavy research I was leaning towards 3.73's, then I drove an AOD with 4.10's and I decided to go with those. 2700rpm @70mph and red line at ~150 is perfect for me. I normally cruise 60-65 anyway on the freeway, and I will never do freeway with it as I have my insight for that. This fox is going to be strictly my around town/to work car (only 6 miles each way).

[Edit]: I may take it to my uncles in L.A. once in a while (100 miles) but, I digress, the 2700rpm at 70 doesn't bother me.

Sounds good. 

There's a guy in my town with a white notchback with a 351 and 6 speed stuffed in it, If I see him this week I'll get pics to show you, He did a nice job. Powder coated the wheels the body color, slight lowering and some easy mods to improve handling. 
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 07:30:15 (permalink)
DenyGFX
Baltothewolf
DenyGFX
Oh ok I see.

No

Sounds good. 

There's a guy in my town with a white notchback with a 351 and 6 speed stuffed in it, If I see him this week I'll get pics to show you, He did a nice job. Powder coated the wheels the body color, slight lowering and some easy mods to improve handling. 

I would love to see it! Also, when you ran the 4.10's was it in an AOD or T5? Because if it was the T5 I don't blame you getting off the 4.10's, it's over 3,000rpm at 70 iirc

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

DenyGFX
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 07:42:14 (permalink)
It was a T5. 
Just realized  after reading you were still running your AOD. Thought I had read you were switching to the T5. 
AOD is a nice strong transmission and should last quite a while before needing too much work. A word of advice is keep it nice and cool. They don't like high temps at all. You shouldn't have any issues with a short commute like yours.
One question, other than the leak, does the engine run ok? Have you done any compression tests to it? 
Reason I ask is the 5.0 L is a well tested engine. I have seen them outlast just about all other manufacturers engines hands down. Before anyone says 5.7 L Chevrolet I've seen them eat valve seals and go through oil like a drilling rig at 100K miles.
Was just curious as to why you wanted a switch.
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 08:06:46 (permalink)
DenyGFX
It was a T5. 
Just realized  after reading you were still running your AOD. Thought I had read you were switching to the T5. 
AOD is a nice strong transmission and should last quite a while before needing too much work. A word of advice is keep it nice and cool. They don't like high temps at all. You shouldn't have any issues with a short commute like yours.
One question, other than the leak, does the engine run ok? Have you done any compression tests to it? 
Reason I ask is the 5.0 L is a well tested engine. I have seen them outlast just about all other manufacturers engines hands down. Before anyone says 5.7 L Chevrolet I've seen them eat valve seals and go through oil like a drilling rig at 100K miles.
Was just curious as to why you wanted a switch.

Just leaking oil from the oil pan gasket, it still feels strong, at 193k I just thought it would be easier to replace the engine than pull it to do a oil pan gasket replacement. I have seen how difficult it is to do it with the engine in the car, and forget that. I thought about doing a compression test, and I probably will in the coming weeks.

My uncle had the transmission rebuilt by Ford at 120k(ish) miles. He had the trans serviced twice before his ex wife took it from him (at 150kish) it hasn't been touched since so it's on my priority list to do.

[Edit]: It's 8 and I'm tired so I'm gonna go to bed, will check in on this thread when I get up. Thanks for all the input GFX!!
post edited by Baltothewolf - 2015/02/15 08:09:07

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

DenyGFX
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 08:10:52 (permalink)
Oil pan gaskets while in the car are too much hassle. Especially if it gets pinched and you don't notice it then you're back to where you started.
Definitely get the transmission serviced. Find a good transmission shop to do it. I had a bad run in once with a service done at one of those speedy oil change places. 
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/15 15:17:52 (permalink)
I'm gonna do the tranny myself, I don't trust shops to do it for me. I had a bad experience with a shop not changing out my oil filter, and still charged me for it. Never again haha.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/18 11:59:41 (permalink)
Ok I just got back in from doing a check engine procedure, and I got a ton of codes (not to my surprise, the smog pump is disconnected). I did get 2 that concern me. Google is not helping me with it either.

Ok so when I ran a system check today, I got a ton of CEL's (not to my surprise, the smog pump is disconnected).

A few of them ARE concerning, however.

O—Key On, Engine Off code.
CM—Continuous Memory code.
R—Engine Running code.

34 - EGR Valve Position/Pressure Feedback EGR Voltage Above Closed Limit (O,R), PFE or EVP circuit has intermittently failed above the closed limit of 0.67 volts (CM).
33 - EGR Valve Opening Not Detected (CM,R).
44 - Secondary Air System Inoperative. bank one, passenger side (R)

90 - All cylinders passed Cylinder Balance Test (Yay!).

One that is of concern:
93 - Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Failure (O) (this is the one that concerns me).

[Edit]: The 34/33/44 are all because the smog pump is disconnected/I broke the plastic lines going to the smog system (as stated in a previous post)

post edited by Baltothewolf - 2015/02/18 12:03:16

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

evilmustang66
FTW Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. 2015/02/20 18:48:23 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Ok I just got back in from doing a check engine procedure, and I got a ton of codes (not to my surprise, the smog pump is disconnected). I did get 2 that concern me. Google is not helping me with it either.

Ok so when I ran a system check today, I got a ton of CEL's (not to my surprise, the smog pump is disconnected).

A few of them ARE concerning, however.

O—Key On, Engine Off code.
CM—Continuous Memory code.
R—Engine Running code.

34 - EGR Valve Position/Pressure Feedback EGR Voltage Above Closed Limit (O,R), PFE or EVP circuit has intermittently failed above the closed limit of 0.67 volts (CM).
33 - EGR Valve Opening Not Detected (CM,R).
44 - Secondary Air System Inoperative. bank one, passenger side (R)

90 - All cylinders passed Cylinder Balance Test (Yay!).

One that is of concern:
93 - Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Failure (O) (this is the one that concerns me).

[Edit]: The 34/33/44 are all because the smog pump is disconnected/I broke the plastic lines going to the smog system (as stated in a previous post)

https://actron.com/code-lookup here you go
 or http://www.obd-codes.com/
http://www.engine-light-help.com/ford-check-engine-light.html
http://engine-codes.com/

post edited by evilmustang66 - 2015/02/20 19:11:36

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

evilmustang66
FTW Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang). 2015/02/20 18:53:57 (permalink)
as for engine try summit racing jasper I called on the 289 or a 302 wanted just as much for a complete build on summit plus core on top of it

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang). 2015/02/20 20:05:22 (permalink)
So I got the 4.10 rear end, shocks and control arms put in today and HOLY CRAP!!!! What a difference!!!!! Also as a side benefit, we had to bleed the brakes because we took the rear end out, and this nasty, green goop came out, we flushed it until it was clear and wazam! Braking problem solved! Before, even at 5mph if I stomped on the pedal the tires wouldn't lock up, now they do. So, so much better. what an awesome way to spend 600$. Still got the P/S and smog pump to do, along with the front shocks, and subframe connectors.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang). 2015/02/20 21:50:00 (permalink)
Shift kit time!

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang). 2015/02/20 23:31:29 (permalink)
kaninja
Shift kit time!

Sadly, no. It's going to be a couple months until I get anything more bought . But the next mods are eldebrock upper and lower intake and 140amp alternator. I'm getting them at a really good deal and my buddy is holding them for me. I have to get my armed guard license and a gun before I can get those though, so yea.

Anyway, I drove it to work about a half hour ago and I cannot believe the ride quality difference. It's night and freaking day! I still don't have the subframe connectors or front shocks on, so it still feels rough in the front end but, now when I go over bumps it doesn't slam me around and hurt my back. Also, 2100rpm @ 60mph is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The only noticeable noise increase to me is the dammed broken speedo cable spinning faster causing a horrible clicking sound.

So, hopefully next week I will do the following.

Subframe connectors.
P/S pump and smog pump replacement.
Koni adjustable front shocks.
Replace speedometer cable.
Replace speedometer gear.
Transmission fluid and filter change.
Oil fluid and filter change.
Install rims (look brand new with no noticeable curb rash).

All the above parts are already paid for and I have them, but I ran out of time today, and I won't have any time until next week.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang). 2015/02/21 08:41:05 (permalink)
Did you do both upper and lower rear control arms? Which brand did you get? I remember the massive improvement it made in my car.....it took the jello like right out of the rear.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang). 2015/02/21 12:50:03 (permalink)
kaninja
Did you do both upper and lower rear control arms? Which brand did you get? I remember the massive improvement it made in my car.....it took the jello like right out of the rear.

SVE tubular, they came from latemodelrestoration.com. And Yea man, they made a massive difference. I literally redid the entire rear end of the car haha. I wish I had done it sooner!

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Black Widow rebuild/restore thread. ('91 Foxie Stang). 2015/02/21 13:21:15 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
kaninja

SVE tubular, they came from latemodelrestoration.com. And Yea man, they made a massive difference. I literally redid the entire rear end of the car haha. I wish I had done it sooner!

Yeah, single biggest improvement was replacing the marshmallows that Ford used.  Seriously though, the next thing that will make a big difference is the shift kit once you get around to it.  It shifts so much better, firmer, quicker that it will shave 3/10ths off in the 1/4 mile alone.

Hey which Edelbrock manifold are you installing?  Also, you did get weld in subframe connectors right?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 9
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile