2024/04/15 08:57:08
linkilloxd
Hello how are you? Today I turned on my PC and an LED appeared on the right side of the PCIe cables. Last night it was working perfectly and I don't know what could be the cause. Can I upload an image of what it looks like.

edit by Cool GTX insert photo
2024/04/15 09:03:11
ScottH17
I figure you should check cables!
2024/04/15 09:04:56
linkilloxd
Yes, I already checked the psu cables and there was no movement of the pc overnight. I have a Corsair CX650M psu and a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. The strange thing is that when it is turned on for a while the red LED stops appearing and the RGB starts working normally.
2024/04/15 09:13:49
Cool GTX
Welcome to the EVGA Forums, where members try to help

PSA adding a photo to your Post - EVGA made some changes - Post Directions below

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members
 see details about posting links & work around for those with low post counts & new accounts

3070TI ftw 3 - Requirements
  • 750 Watt or greater power supply.
I'd test with a new better PSU

Is GPU plugged into the MB & the PCIe slot latch locked?   If using riser cable - test directly into MB

PSA
Only use power cables that came with a PSU .... or that you can confirm are compatible with your PSU ..... mixing cables between different PSU can cause damage as all PSU do not have the same pinout (location of voltages or ground) - the PSU MFG makes a custom cable so that the device end has the correct pinout

2024/04/15 09:20:10
linkilloxd
Hello, the strange thing is that since I bought it in 2022 with this psu I had not had this problem until today.

I have it connected directly to the mobo with its pciexpress, so I don't know what could have happened. I have no monetary means of being able to purchase a 750w psu at the moment, the strange thing, as I mentioned, is that after a while the PC is turned on the red LED stops flashing. (it is the third one on the right, it is not one of the ones that are connected to the psu cables)
2024/04/15 09:27:02
Cool GTX
I'm not sure what the red led in question indicates.

OS W10 or W11 ?

Could possibly be PSU or GPU issue - very odd that red light seem to go out after a bit of time.

Just a few suggestions on your trouble shooting:

Do a complete "power flush" & clear the Windows startup "last good boot" file & make sure MB BIOS has Fast Boot = OFF:

(power flush - remove all sources of power to any device connected to the PC)

To do a full power down of the PC, this includes unplugging everything from the  power source (then hold start button 20 seconds to discharge the capacitors) - as "Windows Off mode" = a "soft off" with power still supplied to MB

(clear the Windows startup "last good boot" file)

Shut down Windows  HOLD the Shift key Down, then select shutdown for Windows --> Keep the shift key down until the PC is fully powered down ... this prevents Windows on restart from starting by loading "last good configuration file" .... Make Windows take inventory of all Hardware & Drivers on next Startup.

MB BIOS - Fast Boot = OFF ---> You want the MB to do a full inventory of your hardware

Have you or Windows install any updates or new software just before this all started?

What background software is running? 

Did you try testing by booting into Windows Safe mode?

check with this tool https://www.evga.com/power-meter/

2024/04/15 09:37:23
linkilloxd
Cool GTX
I'm not sure what the red led in question indicates.

OS W10 or W11 ?

Could possibly be PSU or GPU issue - very odd that red light seem to go out after a bit of time.

Do a complete "power flush" & clear the Windows startup "last good boot" file:

Just a few suggestions on your trouble shooting:

(power flush - remove all sources of power to any device connected to the PC)
To do a full power down of the PC, this includes unplugging everything from the  power source (then hold start button 20 seconds to discharge the capacitors) - as "Windows Off mode" = a "soft off" with power still supplied to MB

(clear the Windows startup "last good boot" file)
Shut down Windows  HOLD the Shift key Down, then select shutdown for Windows --> Keep the shift key down until the PC is fully powered down ... this prevents Windows on restart from starting by loading "last good configuration file" .... Make Windows take inventory of all Hardware & Drivers on next Startup.

Have you or Windows install any updates or new software just before this all started?

check with this tool

Hello, yes, I already tried the method of turning off completely, I even opened the case to remove the cables that power from the psu to the cpu and the mobo, my OS is w11.

The power meter tells me that I need a 750w one but the strange thing is that for 2 years it has worked without problems with this one.

No, there is no new installation of drivers or Windows updates.

I was searching on the internet and I couldn't find any answer to what this LED represents, that's why I don't understand.

2024/04/15 09:39:50
Cool GTX
Try using two separate PCIe power cables - one for each power port on the GPU, if your PSU has that option.

Second best option is if your PSU came with another PCIe power cable, swap the current one for a new one.

Unplug PC before doing anything inside of it.

this seems to be your photo

2024/04/15 09:41:55
linkilloxd
Cool GTX
this seems to be your photo

Yes! thats my picture

I also add that I tried the device manager, dxdiag and it does not present any problems, nor when playing or using it.
The only thing it has is that the red LED comes out, blinks and makes the RGB flicker.
I don't know how else I could check what the problem would be.
2024/04/15 09:45:41
Cool GTX
I'm guessing your in North America; but, have no way of knowing where your located

Please contact EVGA support team at support@evga.com with the serial number to your graphics card - After you register the card

This is the link to your thread ---> https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3621296

You can always wait to see if another member has anything to add or ask in your thread

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account