2023/07/07 12:56:54
Chrome-M-Dragon
From EVGATech_ChrisB

Hello,

We have seen false internet rumors today regarding our ongoing operations.

EVGA announced back in September of 2022 that it was leaving the GPU market but would continue its other lines of businesses.

EVGA continues to build & sell PSU, as well as its line of Z790 motherboards, capture devices, mice and keyboards.

EVGA continues to support and warranty all of its products to its customers.

Consistent with our prior announcement, EVGA has scaled down some operation and some employees have resigned. EVGA wishes them all the best in their future endeavors.

Postings suggested that Vince “Kingpin” has left EVGA. This is false. Kingpin remains with EVGA.

EVGA’s operations are continuing with no change to our commitment to our customers.

Thank you.
2023/07/07 13:44:22
ty_ger07
Chrome-M-Dragon
From EVGATech_ChrisB

I do not believe it.  Words are one thing, actions are another.

The products they are supposedly still selling and still supporting don't seem to be selling and don't seem to be supported.  Look at any of the 'other EVGA products' forum sections and see the customers tell you about how much support EVGA is providing.
2023/07/07 14:01:19
ironage
Safedisk looks kinda retarded now.

EVGA mice and keyboards may be bought via Amazon, just ordered a X20, maybe gonna get a second one for reserve, enjoy as long as it lasts.

2023/07/07 15:40:07
donborvio
Well someone from the BIOS team said themselves they are done after the most recent project? And besides B-stock, nothing is in stock (new) on EVGA.com except a palmrest and a connector?  Seems like a company winding down, so I agree with news outlets like Gamers Nexus on this one (who has interviewed EVGA staff on many occasions).
2023/07/07 16:04:55
donta1979
ty_ger07

The products they are supposedly still selling and still supporting don't seem to be selling and don't seem to be supported.  Look at any of the 'other EVGA products' forum sections and see the customers tell you about how much support EVGA is providing.

Yup was just talking about that on the evga discord, if you go to EVGA's webstore, their own shelves are pretty bare. It seems the only ones that have their products are the two etailers they list, amazon, to some other small to large sites. What they say and what they are doing are two different things.

Even products now mice/kb/capture cards need firmware updates for the changes in windows that are causing them to not operate properly. Yet not firmware updates in sight. I had to ditch my EVGA Z20 linear"already magically discontinued" keyboard because I had enough from random windows opening to using too much power with the asus board saying hey you got a problem. So got a Rog Claymore II zero issues. 

Have had some of their newer psu's fail on me, was not even worth shipping back for RMA then selling. Then I had my 3090 TI Powerlink magically die on me. What EVGA said and what they are doing to what is going on has me going ok sureeeee....
2023/07/07 19:43:57
Chrome-M-Dragon
ty_ger07
Chrome-M-Dragon
From EVGATech_ChrisB

I can't say I do either. There are too many signs that point to the opposite. Empty store, extremely low (for EVGA) warranty length, Kingpins comments to GN. Too many things point to EVGA becoming a part of PC history.
2023/07/09 04:07:01
Flybye
owcraftsman
Reminds me of when DFI took a dump which is when I switched to EVGA for a motherboard.
My last EVGA motherboard was a 680I, so no love loss here.
Those were the days when Nvidia made mobo chipsets.
One only has to wonder if they were coerced to make the boards to keep the GPU train running.

No doubt they went out of there way to make a solid mobo in the recent past, but they have been a bit too pricey for my taste.
Sad as it may be I support Han's decision.

Exactly the same happened to me. I still have my NF4 Lanparty I'm going to slap back together for a retro build. When it was time to upgrade, I'm here scratching my head wondering where all the new DFI performance boards were at.
2023/07/09 11:43:05
ope_stump
Chrome-M-Dragon
ty_ger07
Chrome-M-Dragon
From EVGATech_ChrisB

I can't say I do either. There are too many signs that point to the opposite. Empty store, extremely low (for EVGA) warranty length, Kingpins comments to GN. Too many things point to EVGA becoming a part of PC history.

Ya for sure.   I been buying EVGA cards since 2000 almost 23 years.   And from the fact that everything on the EVGA store is out of stock all signs are pointing to them shutting down.   I think distancing themselves from nvidia was a bad idea since there biggest market was the video cards.  They didn't even try and invest in supporting AMD cards or processors they always pigeonholed themselves with a single company.   And I think that is what hurt them in the end.  
2023/07/10 08:26:07
gsrcrxsi
nail #2 in their coffin.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account