2023/07/06 23:48:29
Chrome-M-Dragon
In what could be the beginning of the end for EVGA after its spectacular withdrawal from the graphics card market that it held leadership position in; the company is reportedly winding down its desktop motherboard business, too. Korean overclocker Safedisc, writing on Coolenjoy tech forums, stated that the company's entire 170-strong workforce in its Taiwan office involved in the motherboard business, have resigned, including KINGPIN. EVGA could withdraw from the motherboard business just like it did with graphics cards—by halting sales and recalling products from the channel, and retaining them to serve as warranty stock in case existing customers claim RMA or warranty service. We have reached out to EVGA for comments.

Update 07:45 UTC: We've heard from workers at EVGA Spain "it's just another day at the office". So maybe it was only Kingpin/the OC team in TW that has resigned, or the whole story is completely untrue.

Update 16:41 UTC: We just received the following statement from EVGA:
We saw those message and they are rumors.
Our Taiwan office is still operating and Kingpin is still with EVGA.
EVGA is still doing business and supporting its customers.
Thanks for reaching out

https://www.techpowerup.c...the-motherboard-market
2023/07/07 00:09:53
Sajin

2023/07/07 00:28:08
Chrome-M-Dragon
Yarp... 
Pending any official statement, i'd say EVGA floated it's last boat at this point. 

Add me on Steam ya'll. I'd love to keep in touch with all you beautiful folks... (just message me your EVGA forum name so I know who you are haha) Steam - cdragonm Look for the Garbage Pail Kid Avatar. Max Axe: Maxin the Axe since 1806
2023/07/07 02:56:18
Hoggle
Looks like the story got an update to say maybe it was just the Kingpin team or maybe the whole story was untrue. We will have to wait and see but Kingpin leaving wouldn't be a shock since I kind of think he enjoys chasing the high score on 3dmark. 
2023/07/07 04:41:33
a213m
No way!
2023/07/07 05:41:25
mvidart2401
OMG !!!
2023/07/07 06:03:20
atfrico
You remove me hippie🙄
2023/07/07 06:45:50
repo1979
Well if they are out of the mobo market as well RIP

2023/07/07 07:59:46
blacksapphire08
Chrome-M-Dragon
Yarp... 
Pending any official statement, i'd say EVGA floated it's last boat at this point. 

Add me on Steam ya'll. I'd love to keep in touch with all you beautiful folks... (just message me your EVGA forum name so I know who you are haha) Steam - cdragonm Look for the Garbage Pail Kid Avatar. Max Axe: Maxin the Axe since 1806

We're still friends on Steam :)
2023/07/07 08:43:35
donta1979
They are now in the process of pulling out of the pc industry fully. People are talking about it on their discord.
Hope people here got refunds on their extended warranties while they could and didn't buy anything new EVGA recently. When things go dark GL on firmware to bios updates for product lines as MS radically changes windows with more shenanigans that some hardware/components/accessories need firmware updates to function properly, even using your EVGA products warranty may be a hard one to even get done once things get to that point as EVGA sinks under the waves.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account