2022/09/30 19:22:40
Nereus
Cool GTX
Nereus
Cool GTX
I know someone whose brother just finished a full refurbishment of a place 1 month ago, new appliances ... the works, down in FL ... place has 6 feet of water in it now .... so much for Christmas in FL

damn... hope insurance is solid.

should have added, the "good news" is it was a winter & vacation home.  The "bad news" he never got to even spend 1 night in it after all the work was finished

I've been hearing on the news about insurance companies in FL not doing well before the hurricane & now talk of 400% increase in future flood/ hurricane insurance, might be next.  Can you even imagine, they were talking about the possibility of $20K/year for flood/ hurricane insurance

Man.. not even one night, that's gut wrenching.

I'm not all that surprised insurance would go up massively. Depends how much this costs the insurance companies - high risk areas, it would make sense. Perhaps housing prices will decrease accordingly, the demand in Florida has been off the charts since the pandemic.

2022/09/30 20:59:59
bdary
We lucked out here.  We're just far enough north on the west coast where some high wind ( maybe 60 mph gusts) and lots of rain was it.  Lots of branches down but no house damage. 

My cousin lives in Cape Coral, they didn't fair so well.  Roof damage, pier completely gone, the entire pool cage/ screened enclosure torn off the house.  Every palm tree snapped right in half. 
2022/10/04 04:27:22
transdogmifier
Some of you (if not all) have probably seen some of this footage (or similar)...but Fort Myers beach got smashed

2022/10/04 05:20:31
Nereus

2022/10/04 05:31:04
rjohnson11
It will take a long time to recover. My thoughts go out to all of those who are affected by the Hurricane. 
2022/10/04 05:33:37
transdogmifier
rjohnson11
It will take a long time to recover. My thoughts go out to all of those who are affected by the Hurricane. 

Yes....I live at a high point in the state....so no flooding..just rain and wind...I feel for the people just 15 miles away whose houses were
inundated with water ....they lost everything.
2022/10/04 10:04:08
Cool GTX
many of the "google earth" type, before & after photos - show just how much destruction happened in many areas

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account