2022/05/05 13:36:54
zippytek
Hoggle
zippytek
yeah i mean they're both GA102 the ftw3 ultra just has a higher factory oc applied and that's what it's tested for

they're not going to make any guarantees that you can oc card a or b higher than the other. you want binned for highest performance, kingpin. even then the max core and mem oc varies between kingpins

I am sure professional golfers, race car drivers or tennis stars can tell the difference between equipment that they are using. 

idk what you mean in the context of gpu's tho but sure i agree

is op a professional overclocker? 
2022/05/05 13:38:41
AHowes
I've also now hear that the ftw3 ultra has alot of limits in place to make sure it can't compete with a Kingpin... unlike the cheaper models that don't have crap (limits) in place.

Makes it really hard the next round to decide which to buy now haha.. Thr choice used to be clear thx Evga!
2022/05/05 13:41:33
Sajin
AHowes
I've also now hear that the ftw3 ultra has alot of limits in place to make sure it can't compete with a Kingpin... unlike the cheaper models that don't have crap (limits) in place.

Makes it really hard the next round to decide which to buy now haha.. Thr choice used to be clear thx Evga!

Only the ultra has limits? What? Do tell.
2022/05/05 13:48:32
evalentine1973
I could see 5% difference in a $2000+ card due to silicon lottery but this is more like 10% performance difference at 4k gaming same systems for a higher tier card, that has no bells or whistles AT all different between the two cards. They are exactly the same. Hands down the higher Tier Card should perform better when overclocked, It should be better silicon at this price point.
2022/05/05 14:20:02
AHowes
Sajin
AHowes

Hard limits in the higher tier cards over the cheap models.. you've experienced it yourself with the 3090ti black card your using with strix bios ;)

10amp fuses in the 3090 ftw3 ultra to prevent shunt use.. while other brands use 20amp.
2022/05/05 14:33:50
Sajin
AHowes
Sajin
AHowes

Hard limits in the higher tier cards over the cheap models.. you've experienced it yourself with the 3090ti black card your using with strix bios ;)

10amp fuses in the 3090 ftw3 ultra to prevent shunt use.. while other brands use 20amp.

Wow. Glad I don’t have any fuses then. 😎
2022/05/05 14:49:01
ty_ger07

Really? That doesn't sound right.
2022/05/05 14:49:27
talon951
AHowes
Sajin
AHowes

20 amps on the 8pins. 8 amps on the PCIE for the rev 1.0 cards. Same as my 3080ti FTW3. You can pull 600w with an XOC bios without blowing a fuse. No need to shunt.
2022/05/05 15:00:35
AHowes
talon951
AHowes
Sajin
AHowes

20 amps on the 8pins. 8 amps on the PCIE for the rev 1.0 cards. Same as my 3080ti FTW3. You can pull 600w with an XOC bios without blowing a fuse. No need to shunt.

Oh even worse? Ya say 8 amp for the pcie?

Yeah well frame chasers on youtube is claiming that the unbalanced 8pin connectors are a reason why cards like mine cant go farther then 450watts. And that it's a wattage limit on the pcie connector of around 75watts. When that pulls that much it limits the 8pin connections.

People have been rma'ing their cards due to the unbalance. I'm really not interested in dealing with sending if back and getting a fixed used card. And swapping off and on the dual ek water block and really just using a different bios would be ideal in my situation.. but confused if a bios flash for more power would help since the xoc 500 watt bios don't do crap for mine now.. flashing a Kinpin bios would remove all limits and maybe the way to go.. I'll have to debate it. Haha
2022/05/05 15:02:37
AHowes
Sajin
AHowes
Sajin
AHowes

Wow. Glad I don’t have any fuses then. 😎

Fuse bypass?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account