2022/01/04 06:00:00
Flint 1760
zippytek
so *prices have gone up* but also *the extended warranty will not transfer to a second-hand owner.*

The extended warranty has never transferred to a second-hand owner.
2022/01/04 06:00:50
transdogmifier
zippytek
so *prices have gone up* but also *the extended warranty will not transfer to a second-hand owner.*

rip secondary market

As far as I know, the extended warranty has never transferred to a second hand owner.

2022/01/04 08:18:30
Cool GTX
transdogmifier
zippytek

rip secondary market

As far as I know, the extended warranty has never transferred to a second hand owner.

correct, previously it did not transfer to a "new" 2nd owner

2022/01/04 08:18:49
the_Scarlet_one
zippytek

rip secondary market

That didn’t change. Extended warranties have never transferred, so that has no effect on the secondary market.

Well then, the forums didn’t load all of the replies above, lol, even though they were here well before I commented.
2022/01/05 13:14:12
shredman
I'm in the same boat. Bought a 3080ti before the holidays and put a reminder on my schedule to buy the extended warranty after christmas. Logged in today to do it and saw the changes. Not cool. I think they should've given enough notice to cover new purchasers during their window to extend.
2022/01/05 20:22:37
Tamooshii
Oh damn I'm in the exact same boat as some of you. I had planned to purchase the extended warranty for my 3080ti after the holidays and logged in to make the purchase only to see the price increase. Really sucks that there wasn't a notice before hand for those that were able to purchase their card before the new year. I'm still going to purchase the extended warranty since I plan to have this GPU for a while and want to be sure I can keep using it. :(
2022/01/06 18:33:15
liunit92
cyberstraz
I have 59 days left to extend my warranty - for 10 years, or so I thought.

I even had a screenshot of the page to reference in my to-do list with pricing, etc....but work got crazy around xmas time... I figured knowing I had a 90 day time window, that if I pushed off the extended warranty purchase to wait a few paychecks it wouldn't matter. I feel bamboozled.

Had I known about the price and term changes, obviously I would have purchased immediately. The small portion of customers who fall into this window (probably just those who popped in queue like I luckily did) are being unfairly penalized by this change. I think evga support is spectacular and know they stand by their products
.. I've been a customer for over a decade..really hoping customer service reconsiders allowing people within the 90 day window to get in on the previous terms.
I'd rather not start the new year off with a bitter taste like this.
Cheers and happy new year,

what was the cost for 10 year warranty(in USD)?
2022/01/06 18:39:17
EVGA_Lee
liunit92
cyberstraz
I have 59 days left to extend my warranty - for 10 years, or so I thought.

I even had a screenshot of the page to reference in my to-do list with pricing, etc....but work got crazy around xmas time... I figured knowing I had a 90 day time window, that if I pushed off the extended warranty purchase to wait a few paychecks it wouldn't matter. I feel bamboozled.

Had I known about the price and term changes, obviously I would have purchased immediately. The small portion of customers who fall into this window (probably just those who popped in queue like I luckily did) are being unfairly penalized by this change. I think evga support is spectacular and know they stand by their products
.. I've been a customer for over a decade..really hoping customer service reconsiders allowing people within the 90 day window to get in on the previous terms.
I'd rather not start the new year off with a bitter taste like this.
Cheers and happy new year,

what was the cost for 10 year warranty(in USD)?

https://web.archive.org/w...com/warranty/extended/
2022/01/07 07:44:54
Noctuali
I'm in the same situation as people have mentioned... I purchased and registered my card with the intention of purchasing an extended warranty after the Holidays. Definitely would have appreciated a heads up that this change was coming as I probably won't get the warranty now with the increase.
2022/01/07 09:21:19
jdmancini
I purchased a 3070 FTW Ultra on Dec 30, 2021 with the intention of getting the 60 dollar 10 year warranty immediately after arrival.  I couldn't do it until the card arrived because I didn't have the serial numbers off the card.  The card arrives on the 6th, I go online to register it, and they apparently took out the 10 year and jacked all their prices up with no notice.  Policy changes should be based on purchase date.  This is a horrible business practice and should be changed to be based on purchase date.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account