2022/01/01 01:27:16
EVGA_Lee
Hello Everyone,

First of all, Happy New Year!  May your 2022 be significantly better than your 2021.  We won't even mention that year between 2021 and 2019.

With that out of the way, EVGA has made some changes to the Extended Warranty program (link to EU Version).  None of these changes affect already purchased extended warranties.  If you purchased a valid extended warranty for your product prior to this update, it will not change.

Here are the biggest, and only, changes to the Extended Warranty:
  • 10-Year warranties are no longer available.  Warranties may be extended to 5-Year (+2) and 7-Year (+4) lengths.
  • There are several new pricing tiers for graphics card and motherboard products based on MSRP.
  • Prices have gone up.

The main question most of you will ask is why this change?  The Extended Warranty program has been around for a very long time (over 8 years!) and prices have not changed, nor have new pricing tiers been added, despite the significant increase in graphics card and motherboard prices over the years.  For that reason, the Extended Warranty program was one of the best bargains you could purchase in both value and for peace of mind.  Although the prices have increased, we believe this still to be a great value and peace of mind for the future.

The terms and conditions have also been updated, but besides the more legal-looking layout and legal-sounding sections, the terms haven't changed in spirit or substance.  If anything, several parts of the program are explained more clearly and/or in-depth as requested by both our customers and Customer Service team.  We want to emphasize that this is (1) available only to the original purchaser of an eligible product, (2) that the product must be purchased from an authorized reseller, (3)  and that the extended warranty will not transfer to a second-hand owner.  Those requirements seem to cause the most confusion and lead to a lot of CS calls and support tickets.

If you wish to review the EVGA Extended Warranty page, please click the link above for your region.  If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask below.
2022/01/01 01:50:02
rjohnson11
I still believe this is good value for money. 
2022/01/01 05:30:28
Flint 1760
Since I plan for the long term use of my systems for a reason, I, like RJ, think this is still a good investment.  I will continue to purchase the extended warranty with new products.

2022/01/01 09:05:10
OppoTacos
Thanks for the heads up about the price change. Guess my 3090 gonna cost a bit more to warranty . Microcenter warranty not looking too bad now. 
2022/01/01 09:31:50
nomoss
I was shocked how cheap the warranty was on the 3080Ti and 3090.  Given the cost of doing business in the 20s, I'd say its about time.
2022/01/01 09:41:50
Flint 1760
nomoss
I was shocked how cheap the warranty was on the 3080Ti and 3090.  Given the cost of doing business in the 20s, I'd say its about time.

Of particular note is that the price has been the same for eight years.  Off hand, I can't think of anything I buy that has gone that long without a price increase. 

Despite that, we will probably have a lot of complaining about this.
2022/01/01 10:01:24
Sajin
Nice price bumps for customers who purchase the higher end products.
2022/01/01 10:25:29
CraptacularOne
This raises the serious concern of remembering to register your card within 14 days of purchasing it if you intended to take advantage of "Step Up'. Currently if you don't register the card within 14 days of purchase you are required to buy the extended warranty to enable Step Up. With these borderline predatory price increases on the higher end cards that could be a serious slap in the face if something were to delay the arrival of your card like shipping. 

2022/01/01 11:09:01
ty_ger07
You have to wonder how much of a financial squeeze the supposed "less than 1%" of EVGA 30xx series RMAs created in order to trigger this re-assessment of their extended warranty policies.
2022/01/02 02:59:55
Fynn1434
If we just purchased a product in December but hadn't yet added the extended warranty (because I thought I had 90 days!) are we stuck with the higher prices? 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account