Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number) (611)   62%
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY (312)   32%
Other (comment below) (49)   5%

Total Votes: 972

2021/10/05 09:10:47
bavor
Nereus
jetset3312
This is a weird move but I already got the most out of the previous queue system. I already hooked up three friends that direly want a 3080Ti and all of them are enjoying them as we speak.

I'm just wondering how this will speed up the process of getting those K|NGP|N cards. I really want a K|NGP|N hydrocopper and X570 Dark as part of my next build.

If you have already purchased ANY type of 3000 series GPU on your account, then your chances of getting a 3090 KingPin card are now absolutely ZERO - unless of course you can score one through EBay, but expect to pay $5k+, possibly have no warranty, and maybe get scammed in the process.

The scalper prices for Kingpin cards have been $2999-$3300 for awhile now, not $5K.

2021/10/05 09:17:39
evga1081
liud21
Scalpers don't want the 3080Ti or the 3090s, they want the evga's 3080s, 3070, and 3060s. Those series give a higher profit in resales, compared to the Tis and 90s. Scalpers also ruined Advanced RMA..

This isn't true. In my search for finding a reasonably priced card, seeing 3080 TI's going for closer to 2k and 3090's going for 3k. The scalper/bot discords are insane and should prompt industry change.

A big thank you to EVGA for making sensible changes. I understand those with existing card purchases may be upset, but frankly it's a rationing situation.
2021/10/05 09:19:22
kevinc313
kram36
Well that is completely opposite of what the pole results are showing. I always wondered how damn dumb is EVGA? Now I know.

How smart do you have to be to distribute some GPU's and PSU's?  Clearly not that.

Anyone doing serious computer work is doing it in enterprise/server/infrastructure/banking/defense/aerospace/cyber.  Not hocking overpriced toys to yuppie weebos.

EVGA doesn't even sell a workstation graphics card.  
2021/10/05 09:20:20
Nereus
bavor
Nereus
jetset3312
This is a weird move but I already got the most out of the previous queue system. I already hooked up three friends that direly want a 3080Ti and all of them are enjoying them as we speak.

I'm just wondering how this will speed up the process of getting those K|NGP|N cards. I really want a K|NGP|N hydrocopper and X570 Dark as part of my next build.

If you have already purchased ANY type of 3000 series GPU on your account, then your chances of getting a 3090 KingPin card are now absolutely ZERO - unless of course you can score one through EBay, but expect to pay $5k+, possibly have no warranty, and maybe get scammed in the process.

The scalper prices for Kingpin cards have been $2999-$3300 for awhile now, not $5K.

There are multiple for $4,999 right now lol, but yes, some as low as $3,300.

2021/10/05 09:23:52
Silvia511
evga1081
liud21
Scalpers don't want the 3080Ti or the 3090s, they want the evga's 3080s, 3070, and 3060s. Those series give a higher profit in resales, compared to the Tis and 90s. Scalpers also ruined Advanced RMA..

This isn't true. In my search for finding a reasonably priced card, seeing 3080 TI's going for closer to 2k and 3090's going for 3k. The scalper/bot discords are insane and should prompt industry change.

A big thank you to EVGA for making sensible changes. I understand those with existing card purchases may be upset, but frankly it's a rationing situation.

I'm looking at your ID and thinking are there at least 1080+ other "evgaXXXX" 100 posts elite accounts in the wild
2021/10/05 10:03:44
evga1081
Silvia511
evga1081
liud21

I'm looking at your ID and thinking are there at least 1080+ other "evgaXXXX" 100 posts elite accounts in the wild

Just as there are 510+ Silvia accounts? I get that you're upset about the change, but there is no rational reason to attack me for supporting what is frankly a "just" decision by a corporate entity to provide fair opportunity to its consumers.

Edit: Considering your account was made today... lol
2021/10/05 10:09:50
kevinc313
evga1081
Just as there are 510+ Silvia accounts? I get that you're upset about the change, but there is no rational reason to attack me for supporting what is frankly a "just" decision by a corporate entity to provide fair opportunity to its consumers.

You're not fooling anyone buddy, we can all see your post count and post history.
2021/10/05 10:17:46
evga1081
kevinc313
evga1081

You're not fooling anyone buddy, we can all see your post count and post history.

Please, elaborate on what I am specifically doing.
2021/10/05 10:56:13
evgafan#x
So how does this change affect elite queue's and regular queues? Are they still going to prioritize elite over regular queue because if not what is the point of elite? I got 2 3080 hc left I'm queued for (was planning on buying whichever notify came first and dropping the second notify) and that is kind of messed up if normal queues get bumped ahead of elite queues... I'm fine with them prioritizing legit people getting gpus that havent got one but still honoring elite vs normal. It probably wont affect the hydrocoppers too much as they are not as desired. Just a relevant question that needs answering as Jacob's explanation was vague at best.
2021/10/05 11:03:35
wardvader
evgafan#x
So how does this change affect elite queue's and regular queues? Are they still going to prioritize elite over regular queue because if not what is the point of elite? I got 2 3080 hc left I'm queued for (was planning on buying whichever notify came first and dropping the second notify) and that is kind of messed up if normal queues get bumped ahead of elite queues... I'm fine with them prioritizing legit people getting gpus that havent got one but still honoring elite vs normal. It probably wont affect the hydrocoppers too much as they are not as desired. Just a relevant question that needs answering as Jacob's explanation was vague at best.

This 100 percent

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account