EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number) (611)   62%
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY (312)   32%
Other (comment below) (49)   5%

Total Votes: 972

2021/09/15 18:16:01
EVGA_JacobF
Hi there! We are looking into ways to optimize the current EVGA queue system for GeForce RTX 30 series cards to speed up the process and get cards into more gamers hands as soon as possible. We would like some of your feedback on some different options that may be considered. Please vote for which option you would like to see:

• Option 1: Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)
  • Option 2: You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY
  • Option 3: Other (comment below)

Please let us know your thoughts on the current queue system and any feedback!
2021/09/15 18:20:36
safan80
How about a 24 hour buying window instead of just 8 hours? I've missed two different 3080 TI chances the xc3 and ftw ultra because I was not available to purchase during the given window.
2021/09/15 18:29:41
RickyOG90
safan80
How about a 24 hour buying window instead of just 8 hours? I've missed two different 3080 TI chances the xc3 and ftw ultra because I was not available to purchase during the given window.

a number of people have had that issue and all they had to do was reply to the email to discuss your desire to buy the card and they would've worked things out for you.
2021/09/15 18:31:48
Nozler
Seniority queue list after 24hrs set the list by join date. Prob help clear out some bots
currently in six queues when I want just one gpu so the rest will be canceled after
numero uno
2021/09/15 18:43:18
enewt
safan80

Please reply to the invite to purchase email (it should have come from ordernotify@evga.com) and indicate your desire to purchase the card.  EVGA should get you sorted in a day or three (once they have sufficient inventory for that card) by sending you a new invite to purchase email with a new purchase link.  

Even these days/weeks/months later, safan80, EVGA should be able to find your registration timestamp based on the reply email you sent and get your sorted in short order.

Best of luck!
2021/09/15 18:48:56
EnigmicAzn
I voted for option 1.

I wanted a 3080 Ti from the start and this was not available until recently. By changing to option 2, I would of never had the chance as well. Alot of people are "settling" on whatever they can get because they have no choice if they want a card at all. I don't think this is right because when you're spending 1k+ on a GPU, you should get exactly what you want.

Alot of other people I know on these forums for example want more limited quantity cards like the KPE HC but at the same time, They obviously don't want to wait the entire time with nothing if they can help it. The current queue system isn't perfect but it works. 

If people are mad because they haven't gotten a card yet, they should be at themselves for not being ready when new SKUs were announced to get in early. I like everyone else queued early but still had to wait, I used that experience to make sure I got an early time no matter what when the SKU I wanted finally showed up.
2021/09/15 18:54:09
safan80
enewt
safan80

Please reply to the invite to purchase email (it should have come from ordernotify@evga.com) and indicate your desire to purchase the card.  EVGA should get you sorted in a day or three (once they have sufficient inventory for that card) by sending you a new invite to purchase email with a new purchase link.  

Even these days/weeks/months later, safan80, EVGA should be able to find your registration timestamp based on the reply email you sent and get your sorted in short order.

Best of luck!

One was from a week or so and the other was even later.
2021/09/15 18:54:26
donnie700
Just build another pc..my last one I built was in 2017..the one before that...2012....im an  independent IT technician. I remember enjoying just getting a card. I can not imagine being an entry level pc builder trying to build his/her first PC to GAME and STREAM but cant. all of this is goofy. if we're going to act like we want to be fair then one card PERIOD per customer makes sense. 
2021/09/15 18:55:12
rottentreats
Marbles. (more on this random concept below)

The current system is pretty good but could use some more RNG.  For example, those who get in the queue in the first 30 minutes are thrown into a pool and picked by random until complete. (then the next 30 minutes, etc. Maybe an hour? 15 minutes? day? heck I dunno) During this time hopefully bots can be determined through some means of human validation.  It's really not great that the EVGA website times out or is flooded with potential bots and that is what determines order and making it random makes it a little more fair.

Also no one likes that only new people get to spin this magical wheel for discounts... the previously loyal/faithful should get such perks and more.

Warm regards,
Your friendly stream/forum sniper.

2021/09/15 18:55:19
staypuft
There is no easy way to set up and run a system like this and not have people picking it apart and giving their 2 cents on how it should work.  Thought I'd give my 2 cents in the form of thanks... to EVGA and staff for taking care of customers the best they can.

Will be interesting to see the results comparing how many folks are in the limit-one-per-SKU vs the just-one-30-series camps.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account