EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number) (611)   62%
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY (312)   32%
Other (comment below) (49)   5%

Total Votes: 972

2021/10/05 07:06:25
jonny80s
So I was able to get a 3060 xc gaming a month or so back.  And now that will retroactively cancel my "elite membership que" for a 3080ti?  

I'm not cool with that.
2021/10/05 07:13:00
Nereus
jonny80s
So I was able to get a 3060 xc gaming a month or so back.  And now that will retroactively cancel my "elite membership que" for a 3080ti?  

Correct.

jonny80s
I'm not cool with that.

Hold my beer: Scalpers with multiple Elite accounts will now have priority over you - even if those accounts only joined the queue today.

Only lesson I can see here that it pays to game the system and open multiple new accounts with different email addresses using friends / family members home addresses for each one, then spam the crap out of the forums to get elite status on each. Under the new rules, this will definitely get you a new GPU faster than the account you have been waiting maybe a year in queue for the same card. Brilliant.

2021/10/05 07:32:03
Urza62
Only evga knows exactly how the queues look like, better communication could partially solve some issues.
2021/10/05 07:42:13
rblaes_99
Nereus
jonny80s

Correct.

jonny80s
I'm not cool with that.

Hold my beer: Scalpers with multiple Elite accounts will now have priority over you - even if those accounts only joined the queue today.

Only lesson I can see here that it pays to game the system and open multiple new accounts with different email addresses using friends / family members home addresses for each one, then spam the crap out of the forums to get elite status on each. Under the new rules, this will definitely get you a new GPU faster than the account you have been waiting maybe a year in queue for the same card. Brilliant.

damn....  well early on I grabbed what i could from the 30 series queue, and slowly hermit crabbed my way up to what i actually wanted and hooked up friends and family.  nothing scalped.  This change would have killed that approach and I would be hot pissed if my kingpin spot was pushed to the end because I snagged a trash 3060 when my number hit.  

EVGA is on fire with these missteps lately.  The dud 3090s.....   the "New Elite" spin the wheel and spam the forum garbage......  now the back of the line change when so many have been patiently waiting.....

They should have made this change with an effective date and those already in the queue stay with the place they have in line understanding that any NEW purchase from this date forward bust your spot for other cards..  

My fanboy defense of my favorite company can only extend so far.  Was there a major management change with EVGA lately?  Who is advising them of this stuff?  They need to establish a "council of elders" to bounce things off of before they do crap like this.  
2021/10/05 07:45:56
rblaes_99
Nereus
Urza62
Queue solution here is a good one, but considering that EVGA cannot send more cards than the demand, why keeping this system? The queue is surely growing thousand time faster that the cards are sent, and the community want keep this system..
I will stay here and exchange with the community, but quite sure that I will buy something somewhere else before to receive any notification email.
Again, the queue system must be adjusted with the capacity to send cards, or 99.98% of the community here will be frustrated, it's already the case : no communication about your position in the queue, no evolution of the queue for few weeks or months, why EVGA allow the auto notification option if they cannot delivers the cards to everyone?
Quite strange

LOL.. you just joined EVGA 3 weeks ago, and clearly can see this as a way to jump the queue that others have been waiting in for over a year in some cases. Quite strange you say? Get the f outta here.

In particular this in unfair for people who were waiting for a 3080 or 3090 for a year, and while waiting were able to purchase a 3060 in the interim. They are now being punished for buying a lesser card while waiting in a queue for the card they wanted. I would be angry too. This rule change shouldn't be retroactive, or at the very least should only be hitting people in queues for a like-kind card (meaning already got a 3080 card and are in a queue for another 3080, or already got a 3090 and are in a queue for another 3090).

Of course it doesn't help those who were waiting to buy for their wife or kids living in the same household, but that's not something EVGA can ascertain.

edit: for anyone saying "but you have a 3090 already!" - yes, I was lucky, but I am not talking concerning myself, I am talking concerning other people who have been screwed by this change. 

this.  both of my kids are streamers/gamers and I was buying cards for them as well....  
2021/10/05 07:47:11
Nereus
rblaes_99
EVGA is on fire with these missteps lately.  The dud 3090s.....   the "New Elite" spin the wheel and spam the forum garbage......  now the back of the line change when so many have been patiently waiting.....

They should have made this change with an effective date and those already in the queue stay with the place they have in line understanding that any NEW purchase from this date forward bust your spot for other cards..  

My fanboy defense of my favorite company can only extend so far.  Was there a major management change with EVGA lately?  Who is advising them of this stuff?  They need to establish a "council of elders" to bounce things off of before they do crap like this. 

This very thread was to gauge support of possible queue rule changes.. and the overwhelming majority opinion was promptly ignored, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2021/10/05 07:48:07
redteamgo
Nereus
jonny80s

Correct.

jonny80s
I'm not cool with that.

The problem is that people that have used the system honestly are being penalized in order to remove an incentive to game that very system.  Not so smart.
2021/10/05 07:53:40
Nereus
redteamgo
The problem is that people that have used the system honestly are being penalized in order to remove an incentive to game that very system.  Not so smart.

Except the 'solution' also rewards those who have gamed the system, and continues to reward them going forward. Those who are honest can go f themselves apparently.

2021/10/05 07:57:29
rblaes_99
Nereus
rblaes_99

This very thread was to gauge support of possible queue rule changes.. and the overwhelming majority opinion was promptly ignored, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why not just make the change with that date as the effective date.... kind of like how they rolled out the LHR cards.    You had an option to stay on the non-LHR or update to the new queue.  

Make it so, starting today, when you purchase any 30 series card you have to click a box saying you understand it will bump you to tier 2 priority for all future 30 series queues....  they should not be going backwards in time moving the goal post on people so close to the finish line.  
2021/10/05 08:08:41
kram36
Can somebody quote what's going on? What changed?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account