EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number) (611)   62%
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY (312)   32%
Other (comment below) (49)   5%

Total Votes: 972

2021/09/15 19:53:37
craze42
the_Scarlet_one
I am going to address this, although someone is going to attempt to correct me because they missed the initial introduction of post count.

The elite status post count was introduced at the very start of elite, in 2017-2018… it is not new, that never changed, it’s been around for years, those are the old rules of that status, so you wanting them to change wouldn’t change anything.

Not sure where I read otherwise then, my mistake.
2021/09/15 19:57:46
bigredx86
I would say if anything, make it slightly harder for fokes to get into queue, and then block anyone getting into the queue within 24hrs of launch of a new card.  Just to give fokes already in the actual elite program a chance before everyone floods elite status just to enter the queue.
2021/09/15 19:57:57
Lebon14
But the one thing I hate about the current queue or even a future queue if it changes...

GIVES US WHERE WE ARE IN THE QUEUE! Is it that hard to count lines until the top. I feel that's something a programmer could whip up in 30 seconds.
2021/09/15 19:58:05
the_Scarlet_one
craze42
the_Scarlet_one
I am going to address this, although someone is going to attempt to correct me because they missed the initial introduction of post count.

The elite status post count was introduced at the very start of elite, in 2017-2018… it is not new, that never changed, it’s been around for years, those are the old rules of that status, so you wanting them to change wouldn’t change anything.

Not sure where I read otherwise then, my mistake.

99% of users assume it is new, because EVGA opened up the elite status 24 hour window for the 3070ti and 3080ti, so that elite members would be able to join the queue for 24 hours before the non-elite members could join, but it post count has 100% been one of the requirements since the beginning.

The 1080ti FTW3 Elite was one of the first big perks of elite status, and a LOT of people participated to get the color shroud they wanted back then.. a LOT.
2021/09/15 19:58:39
tehmod
My kids like to game.  Please don't make me create an EVGA account for each child. People will just find a work around for whatever system you come up with to create a 1 per gamer rule. It will only hurt honest people who want to buy more than 1 for legitimate reasons. 
Also, to address miners who want multiple cards...Where are the CMP GPUs? LHR was supposed to help, but how do LHR GPUs help when there are no CMP options for miners to buy? We all know they end up buying a GPU meant for a gamer and honestly, what did anyone expect when there were no other options. 
2021/09/15 20:12:38
enewt
craze42
On a slight tangent, whats the deal with the LHR re-release cards and the 3070 ti's getting the KL treatment? I've bought 10 year warranties for every previous GPU I own of yours, and was quite irritated when I realized that wasn't going to be an option for me on the 3070 ti. At least the 3080 ti's are still KR(for now). I'm genuinely considering upgrading to a 3080 ti(queue permitting) and just selling the 3070 ti to a friend simply due to the 3 year warranty issue alone(anyone else remember the good old days when EVGA cards came with a lifetime warranty just for registering within 30 days of purchase?).

Just FYI, the 3080 Tis -KRs are also LHR.  Apparently it was too late to change their product number from -KR to -KL.  My understanding is that all titanium infused gpus are LHR. 
2021/09/15 20:13:23
Rejected
Well, it's a tough situation (understatement).  I do favor just one 30 series EVGA card per account.  There are multiple ways to get multiple cards, and they don't have to be EVGA 30 series.  I enter the shuffle every day.  Even for Gigabyte (heh).

owner:  EVGA 2060 s
2021/09/15 20:21:15
craze42
enewt
Just FYI, the 3080 Tis -KRs are also LHR.  Apparently it was too late to change their product number from -KR to -KL.  My understanding is that all titanium infused gpus are LHR.

Just to clarify, it wasn't the LHR status I was complaining about, but the extended warranty ineligibility(thus the KL suffix code). LHR doesn't affect me as I'm purchasing card(s) to game on; I'm more irritated that I cant also purchase an extended warranty on anything except the base 3060, the 3080 ti, and the 3090(including kingpin) at this time. I'm rather poor, and don't often have the money to upgrade(still running on a 980 ti at present), so when I do, I need to be sure that the thing lasts, and will be taken care of should anything happen to it.
2021/09/15 20:21:36
mgreger
I appreciate that EVGA is trying to improve the experience for its customers, but it would be nice to know a few more details before we all give our preferences... 

For those who already purchased a card, but not necessarily the one they wanted, would they be kicked from the remaining queues and have no hope of getting the card they really wanted?  I'm sure a lot of folks signed up and purchased a 3060 when they really wanted, for example, a 3080.

How about the SKUs that catch up (I hope some of them eventually do)?  Are they going to go to first come, first served?  IE, bots get them all?  I'd like to have EVGA let us know what they would do for this situation.  If we switch to #2, some queues might actually catch up.  Like now!  Would hate to see bots/scalpers get all of the new ones that are produced instead of folks currently on the list who want more than one card and have no intention of scalping it.  Any time a scalper gets a card, the situation gets incrementally worse for everyone.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see anyone on the list who hasn't gotten a single 30 series card be able to "jump the line."  The rest of the people can stay in line and when everyone in line has gotten at least one card, begin to serve the other people who have already gotten one or more 30 series card.  That fights bots/scalpers and allows people who really want/need more than one GPU to still be able to have a fair method to get one at MSRP.  Downside is that I know people will find ways to work around this.  Now, cheaters have a way to jump the line.  It's not like EVGA will ask for my social security number to prove I never got a card before.  And, well, that is another reason to not do #2.  People will just find ways to make another account and use another CC and ship to another address.  I'm sure some do it already.  #2 gives them more reason to do it.

I hope others in this community do have some good ideas for improvements, but I hate to say it...  I think what EVGA is doing now is about as good as it gets.  If people have ideas on ensuring each person really only gets one card, the process can be improved.  But until that happens, I can't envision many improvements and I'm afraid #2 will actually make the situation worse for many.
2021/09/15 20:24:28
SLiive
The current queue system seems to work, albeit at an unfortunately slow rate. Voted to keep it as is. More importantly, I understand the need to fulfill contractual obligations to certain retailers, but I wouldn't think your own queue system would take such a backseat to that. Perhaps I'm just naive.

Anyway, as the_Scarlet_one suggested, maybe at least give us an ETA if possible?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account