2021/07/21 10:52:49
Nisco3000
ClowReed
Kyranar
EVGA Support is just adding more fun to the mix... 
I asked them for advice yesterday after my black screens (card still alive), sent over logs, GPU-Z screenshots and everything.

They told me to use the latest "stable" bios instead and sent me an old bios version (94.02.26.48.16). 
Precision X1 immediately told me that now Resizable Bar was disabled and I should update the Bios..... gg

Even they are completely lost about what to do. The fact is that the card is defective from factory (probably a design flaw on the power delivery system) and they can't afford to make a recall. That's the thing.
At least now we're getting heavy media coverage from the major outlets, so MAYBE EVGA now get to do something about it.

Yes, i have seen a lot threads/comments come through this forum with dying RTX 3090's the last couple months. Some people have more than 4 cards dying on them from RMA.
100% EVGA's 3090 is defective. Stand still for a second and go read on ASUS _ MSI _ Gigabyte _ Galax forums and don't see massive waves of dying RTX 3090's!

EVGA fix your stuff, it have been months.
2021/07/21 10:57:21
justintylerwright
I got my card in October and the black screen 100% fan speed crash happened to me yesterday, luckily my computer booted again but i havent been on NW since. Im worried that my card is permanently damaged now or i should have RMA'd it before this point. What are they doing about this?
2021/07/21 10:58:38
Mordgier
kevinc313
Mordgier
kevinc313

I'm reading the reddit thread right now.  Bunch of weeb mmo players.  Not a single person citing what their temps and power limits were at the time of failure, because they weren't monitoring them.

And they shouldn't have to.....

Muh 3090 taoster oven.

It's not an appliance.

It...it is....it's a consumer product. It's plug and play. This isn't a nuclear reactor where temp monitoring, pad swaps, aftermarket cooling etc should be required.

It should work. Out of the box. For the entire warranty period. With no tweaks from the user.

Why are you defending an obvious manufacturing defect?
2021/07/21 11:02:25
kevinc313
Mordgier And yes - people absolutely run 3090s in mining rigs at 110C vram - and have been for over 6 months now without issues.

No they don't.
2021/07/21 11:02:45
Elawarai
Just FMI, the voltage of my EVGA 3090 FTW3 UG @stock is 0,9370 V on GPU-Z render test. What should be the normal voltage ? 
2021/07/21 11:07:08
Mordgier
kevinc313
Mordgier
kevinc313
Mordgier
kevinc313

I'm reading the reddit thread right now.  Bunch of weeb mmo players.  Not a single person citing what their temps and power limits were at the time of failure, because they weren't monitoring them.

And they shouldn't have to.....

Muh 3090 taoster oven.

It's not an appliance.

It...it is....it's a consumer product. It's plug and play. This isn't a nuclear reactor where temp monitoring, pad swaps, aftermarket cooling etc should be required.

It should work. Out of the box. For the entire warranty period. With no tweaks from the user.

Why are you defending an obvious manufacturing defect?

Are you serious?  

I bet you've never owned any other high performance, cutting edge product.  Drop by the Porsche dealership some time and talk to the service department.  

Yeah dude - I'm 100% serious. This is also 100% a manufacturing defect and a failure on EVGAs part. This is a video card - not a track car. Which...by the way - also work fine off the lot with no user tweaks.

When 3090s come with dealer services and a maintenance schedule - then your idiotic argument will hold some water.
2021/07/21 11:07:13
vatrak
kevinc313

Are you serious?  

I bet you've never owned any other high performance, cutting edge product.  Drop by the Porsche dealership some time and talk to the service department.  

Imagine unironically comparing gpus to a ****ing porsche LOL  
No other 3090s are killing themselves playing games. Stop defending this ****.
2021/07/21 11:08:38
Nghtmare
If this was an Apple product they will say you are using the GPU wrong.
2021/07/21 11:18:46
lordshinro
Mine Started crashing in Warzone, Screen Black or Frozen with Audio then reboot, Fans revving up. Same thing in New World..
2021/07/21 11:23:46
scrithy
This happened to me. I have a FTW 3090. Take this very serious. I have a hybrid cooler on mine which has been working beautifully. I had my fan profiles on max for this game. I thought the strange feeling of the game was just down to it being a beta. I didn't think to check if the card was at 100% load, nor should it be something I should have to worry about. Even the menu's felt weird but, again, I wasn't worrying about my card, it's done 19gb vram blender renders in the past. It was the whole purpose I bought the hybrid cooler, the stock cooler could not keep up. 

I quit the game after 44 minutes runtime because I was due to play 7 days to die with a friend and it black screened. My 3rd PCIe 8 pin at the end of the card refuses to accept power now, and if it is powered the system refuses to start. So something is definitely faulty hardware wise in there. I am glad I have a 3 year warranty, this will be my 3rd card.

I will never touch New World again, even after it's fixed, and from now on I will be paranoid that EVGA has failed with this card and check for GPU load on all new games I play. If I could downgrade to a 3080 Ti I would. Maybe save a bit of heat. 

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account