2023/01/14 23:34:16
RockstarX74
squall-leonhart
the 3070 Ti is not, and has never been affected by this issue, if you got a dud card the standard RMA procedure applies.
Yes, I'm fully aware that there was no record of the 3070 Ti being affected by New World!  Now there is, but I'm leaning towards the issue being as I said: "...I got a lemon card. New World just revealed that to me." I already started a Standard RMA and I'm just waiting for a Support Ticket Number, which is required!  Yeah, I know, I did things backwards! I really need to get this card replaced. I paid over 2K for this card and it's not much better than using the graphics from my i9-12900K; which I will be doing when I send the card off to EVGA.

2023/01/15 20:10:13
Yeh Ximin
RockstarX74
I just recently purchased New World, and it didn't take 2 days of playing it before my 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra started acting up while playing it. the game froze, the screen went black, and then my monitor powered down. The only way to get out of it was hard booting my PC. It did this a couple times before I stopped playing New World.  A Google search on the issue revealed the past issue with New World during the beta.  I followed the instructions on capping the frame rates to 60fps and it was ok for a bit.  The issue came back in short fashion though. Now it's not just in "New World" anymore. It happens when I'm watching Netflix and in other games like E.V.E. Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I never had any issues until I played New World. Now the only thing I can do, without it happening again, is surf the web. I have no doubt I got a lemon card! New World just revealed that to me. I'm putting in an RMA for it. I still have 760 days left on my warranty.

lol "Lemon Card"? thats just the tip of the iceberg ... anyway congrats and enjoy your unending RMA hell with EVGA, thats what EVGA is known for, you need to pay for the RMA ship-to fees, enjoy the unending RMA loop ( 3-4 RMA ), enjoy the retarded RMA packaging rules and last, enjoy the supply of "Q.C" ("Quality Checked") defective GPUs XD
I gave up on my 2nd RMA and refused to pay for the 3rd RMA, bought a MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, problem solved

New World killed my rev0.1 EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA in just 2x weeks, then they gave me a rev1.0 "Q.C" replacement that died in 3 months. At that point I have no intention of wasting anymore of my time and money on this scummy company's RMA, their support sucks too, nothing but lies

EVGA is the one of the worst companies out there, most of their products are defective, dont buy anything from this scummy brand, especially their PSU and GPU, they both suck bad, and dont believe anything the pathetic EVGA shills say, EVGA only got a trust rating score of 2.4 ( https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.evga.com ) see for yourself, what they make their customers go through is just disgusting and unacceptable

2023/01/16 01:42:46
Hoggle
Yeh Ximin
RockstarX74
I just recently purchased New World, and it didn't take 2 days of playing it before my 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra started acting up while playing it. the game froze, the screen went black, and then my monitor powered down. The only way to get out of it was hard booting my PC. It did this a couple times before I stopped playing New World.  A Google search on the issue revealed the past issue with New World during the beta.  I followed the instructions on capping the frame rates to 60fps and it was ok for a bit.  The issue came back in short fashion though. Now it's not just in "New World" anymore. It happens when I'm watching Netflix and in other games like E.V.E. Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I never had any issues until I played New World. Now the only thing I can do, without it happening again, is surf the web. I have no doubt I got a lemon card! New World just revealed that to me. I'm putting in an RMA for it. I still have 760 days left on my warranty.

lol "Lemon Card"? thats just the tip of the iceberg ... anyway congrats and enjoy your unending RMA hell with EVGA, thats what EVGA is known for, you need to pay for the RMA ship-to fees, enjoy the unending RMA loop ( 3-4 RMA ), enjoy the retarded RMA packaging rules and last, enjoy the supply of "Q.C" ("Quality Checked") defective GPUs XD
I gave up on my 2nd RMA and refused to pay for the 3rd RMA, bought a MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, problem solved

New World killed my rev0.1 EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA in just 2x weeks, then they gave me a rev1.0 "Q.C" replacement that died in 3 months. At that point I have no intention of wasting anymore of my time and money on this scummy company's RMA, their support sucks too, nothing but lies

EVGA is the one of the worst companies out there, most of their products are defective, dont buy anything from this scummy brand, especially their PSU and GPU, they both suck bad, and dont believe anything the pathetic EVGA shills say, EVGA only got a trust rating score of 2.4 ( https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.evga.com ) see for yourself, what they make their customers go through is just disgusting and unacceptable

I hope you luck with any RMA to MSI where you don’t think they will ask the card to be securely packaged.
2023/01/16 02:27:55
Yeh Ximin

I hope you luck with any RMA to MSI where you don’t think they will ask the card to be securely packaged.

Well at least I do not have to pack it myself with MSI, I just need to send it to the retailer, they will handle the rest, also I do not have to pay any money for the RMA ship-to fee,

Unlike scummy EVGA that forced me to pay ship-to fee every single time + shipped me "Q.C" ( Quality Checked ) defective GPUs replacements that dies in 2-3 month ( Should consider myself "lucky" some got "Dead on Arrival" gpu replacements or faulty ones that die in matter of days )

If it is just only me having horrible RMA experience, I can accept it, but it is clearly NOT the case here, and it is not just GPU, their other products are defective & suck as well,

Most of the time the money spent on RMAs alone is more than enough to just buy another new product ( yea, EVGA your extended warranty SUCKS too, what is the point of a longer warranty period when your products are subpar rubbish and breaks so easily? lol )

Many already gave up and left the forum, because they cannot resolve their RMA issues here

Good thing EVGA is dead and forgotten now, nobody needs them around anymore when we got other far better brands like MSI, ASUS etc

2023/01/16 11:12:24
arestavo
Yeh Ximin

Well at least I do not have to pack it myself with MSI, I just need to send it to the retailer, they will handle the rest, also I do not have to pay any money for the RMA ship-to fee,

Unlike scummy EVGA that forced me to pay ship-to fee every single time + shipped me "Q.C" ( Quality Checked ) defective GPUs replacements that dies in 2-3 month ( Should consider myself "lucky" some got "Dead on Arrival" gpu replacements or faulty ones that die in matter of days )

If it is just only me having horrible RMA experience, I can accept it, but it is clearly NOT the case here, and it is not just GPU, their other products are defective & suck as well,

Most of the time the money spent on RMAs alone is more than enough to just buy another new product ( yea, EVGA your extended warranty SUCKS too, what is the point of a longer warranty period when your products are subpar rubbish and breaks so easily? lol )

Many already gave up and left the forum, because they cannot resolve their RMA issues here

Good thing EVGA is dead and forgotten now, nobody needs them around anymore when we got other far better brands like MSI, ASUS etc

Ah, so you don't live in the US. That explains it - non-US EVGA service isn't the same from what I've heard. As in, it can be bad. Good thing I live in the US and received the absolute best customer service of any company that I every had to deal with every time I had to RMA (be it a 3090 with a broken HDMI port, or my old X79 motherboard (three times!) where it just turned out that I needed to plug in the PCIE supplemental power even with the same add-in cards that had been working fine previously). I appreciate being taken care of if I had to RMA the same product more than once and EVGA provided me a prepaid label upon my asking nicely.

Beats the heck out the the RMA experience with Gigabyte and a 980 Ti. I had to pay to ship the card to them twice, because the first RMA came back with the same problem (excessive coil while) AND no TIM on the GPU die so that it instantly overheated under any load. With EVGA and my 3090 with a broken HDMI, I have a 10 year warranty with a cross ship option - got the new card, tested to make sure that it worked, then shipped the bad one out in the same box with a provided pre-paid label (part of the advanced RMA with cross ship option). Other companies would have simply told me to pound sand because the HDMI connector traces were messed up - EVGA let me pay $30 to fix it and I got a replacement card in a few days.
2023/01/27 05:44:21
Methodical2
Does this affect any other 30 series cards?
2023/01/27 05:49:13
ty_ger07
Methodical2
Does this affect any other 30 series cards?

It affects cards with a high power limit and the lowest-grade VRM approved by NVIDIA. In other words, Rev 0.1 EVGA 3090 FTW3s are the primary target of this problem.

Any card could fail at any time for any reason, but I wouldn't be too concerned if you don't have a Rev 0.1 3090 FTW3.
2023/01/27 07:30:54
Yeh Ximin
LOL their Rev 1.0 does not even last 2-3 months, even worse than their Rev 0.1 RTX3090 which worked fined for 6-7 month, until New World killed it, EVGA is a joke
2023/01/27 07:58:33
transdogmifier
Yeh Ximin
LOL their Rev 1.0 does not even last 2-3 months, even worse than their Rev 0.1 RTX3090 which worked fined for 6-7 month, until New World killed it, EVGA is a joke

Funny, I've had this rev 1 card since release day, played New World, OC'd, played hours upon hours of games with it, folded some with it

and it's still going strong. Your anecdotal evidence isn't true data. Just your bias.

2023/01/27 08:09:01
Yeh Ximin
transdogmifier
Yeh Ximin

Funny, I've had this rev 1 card since release day, played New World, OC'd, played hours upon hours of games with it, folded some with it

and it's still going strong. Your anecdotal evidence isn't true data. Just your bias.

lol then explain all the horrible 3-4 RMA so many of us had to go through with EVGA here XD? bet you cant even answer that

but guess that is a thing of the past, EVGA is ded, rtx 4000 series lauched and proven that EVGA is expendable, others already taken its place

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account