2021/07/16 22:31:08
RealGhost
Awesome, thank you so much, helped my convert my 3080 ti ftw ultra to a hybrid after installing the kit. :)
2021/07/17 12:06:46
River55
It seems like the New LHR bios's that turn the 3080 ftw3 ultra into Hybrids aren't correct. I found this vid of what I thought the new bios should do.

Hope this gets fixed soon
2021/07/17 12:11:42
ObscureEmpyre
River55
It seems like the New LHR bios's that turn the 3080 ftw3 ultra into Hybrids aren't correct. I found this vid of what I thought the new bios should do.

Hope this gets fixed soon

This doesn’t really say a whole lot. What is incorrect about the BIOS, what vid are you referring to, and what do you think the BIOS should do?
2021/07/17 12:17:42
River55
I posted a vid link that explained all that, but they wont let me post a link

Attached Image(s)

2021/07/17 13:08:43
ObscureEmpyre
River55
I posted a vid link that explained all that, but they wont let me post a link

So, what doesn’t work right about the 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid BIOS? Is your card just not installing it?
2021/07/17 13:16:52
River55
Hello, both bios's exe seem to install fine, but when i go to xi it shows the card as a 3080 ftw ultra, not a ultra hybrid. the pic of the link i posted shows a guy that went from a 3090 ftw ultra to a ultra hybrid, and xi showed the change in the title and the correct number of fans for the hybrid.
Thanks for any info.
2021/07/17 16:59:47
Ibbanez
River55
Hello, both bios's exe seem to install fine, but when i go to xi it shows the card as a 3080 ftw ultra, not a ultra hybrid. the pic of the link i posted shows a guy that went from a 3090 ftw ultra to a ultra hybrid, and xi showed the change in the title and the correct number of fans for the hybrid.
Thanks for any info.

silly question, as I found out the hard way myself, after you ran the bios flash exe, did you reboot?  You have to fully reboot, and then when it logs back in, and you open Precision, then it does the real flash.  After I did that, precision showed that I have the 3080ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid.  I didn't really see that last step, so I just thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

2021/07/17 19:31:59
River55
Hello Ibbanez, Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the slow reply (Power went out for 5 hrs). Yes I did what you suggested, even tried uninstall and reinstall Precision, made sure CSM and Fast boot were both off, and reran the exe's, then rebooted then tried Precision just before I wrote this. Just to make sure I didnt have a brain fart. I know the LHR bios's were a new release, i hope its possible something may need to be adjusted in the exe. I did notice that Precision takes around 20 -30 seconds to load, not sure if this is normal, never used it before. Any more suggestions is appreciated.

2021/07/17 20:32:39
fausterchild
EVGATech_LeeM

BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 LHR cards

PSA#3: DON'T FLASH AN LHR CARD TO A NON-LHR BIOS. I KNOW YOU'RE THINKING IT. JUST.DON'T.

Ok, but I did earlier because another EVGA thread (won't let me link) showed up in my Google search results before this thread and I didn't realize there were different sets of BIOS. So it went through and now my -KL model card is using the non-LHR BIOS on the OC switch and X1 is still allowing me to pull 118% power draw.

I can't seem to flash from the current state to the LHR BIOS provided in this thread and I'm worried that if I flash the non-LHR default BIOS is may not work. Any advice? Just walk away and carry on? Should I just count my blessings that I didn't mess it up? 
2021/07/18 14:36:26
kovyrshin
What are differences between ftw3 ultra, hybrid and hyrocopper? I assume they're all XOC, so just card name in X1 and fan behavior? (i.e. hydrocopper ignores all the fans and such)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account