2021/06/23 17:29:51
EVGA_Lee
Since things are a little complicated with a lot of threads spread all over the place, I'm going to post all the relevant BIOS information we've given to people.  If you don't see a BIOS you need, you can request it below.  However, I'm making this thread mostly to inform people about some of the issues people run into when flashing their BIOS or having to update the MCU via Precision X1, so new BIOS additions will be a lower priority.

PSA#1: TURN OFF "FAST BOOT" IN YOUR MOTHERBOARD BIOS.

Longer PSA in spoilers.  I strongly suggest that you read this at least once.  It could prevent an RMA.  Seriously.

Spoiler
Once again, turn off Fast Boot in your motherboard BIOS while you're playing around with flashing your BIOS.  If fast boot is enabled, Windows will treat your card as the same GPU unless there's an obvious change, such as you change from a GeForce RTX 3080 to a GeForce RTX 3090, for example.  Otherwise, Windows will just assume that nothing in your system has changed, including the DeviceID, which will change when you flash to a different BIOS version.  Because Windows doesn't update the information automatically, it will give Precision X1 the wrong information, which is how many of you have run into an MCU flashing issue.  If fast boot is disabled, Windows should check the DeviceID of each hardware component during each boot.  It's still worth it to restart a couple times after flashing or flipping the switch over to a different BIOS to make sure everything is working normally.

So, please make sure to turn off Fast Boot until you are done flashing, and you've decided on which BIOS switch you want to use.  At that point, you can restart and re-enable Fast Boot again, if you wish.
close

PSA#2: DISABLE CSM IN YOUR MOTHERBOARD BIOS BEFORE FLASHING A REBAR BIOS.

Longer PSA in spoilers.  If you forget to disable CSM in your motherboard BIOS before flashing a ReBAR BIOS, then you may end up with a black screen upon your next boot.  If you need to learn how to enable NVIDIA Resizable BAR, visit our FAQ: https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FAQdetails.aspx?faqid=59772

Spoiler
Disable CSM in your motherboard BIOS, or you run the risk of getting a black screen at boot.  For FTW3 cards, which you can flip the switch on the card to go to a non-ReBAR BIOS, you can quickly fix this and get picture again.  However, for those of you with an XC3 card, you only get one BIOS, and it will likely lead to an RMA if CSM is not disabled.

Note - It's true that you could run into some issues with booting into your OS or legacy hardware if you disable CSM.  However, you can resolve those issues by re-enabling CSM.  If you discover that you have an issue when you disable CSM, it's far better to learn what you need to do to fix those issues before you flash your card to an unrecoverable state.  Plenty of people on this forum can help you figure out what you need to do to get your system ready for Resizable BAR.

Lastly, some cards originally ship with a Resizable BAR BIOS, and newly built 30 Series cards will also ship with a Resizable BAR BIOS.  The list of cards that began shipping with a ReBAR BIOS include:
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 KPE HYDRO COPPER
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (all cards)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (all cards)
close

Additional Notes:
  • For each XOC BIOS, I'm only going to post the ones with Resizable BAR.  I don't currently have access to all the original XOC BIOS (thanks Jacob), and it would take time to procure them.
  • If the included .exe files are not clear about which is the OC or the Normal BIOS for FTW3 cards, I will list which file is which.

BIOS Instructions (Windows Installation):
  • Disable Fast Boot in your motherboard BIOS
  • Download the correct .zip file below for your graphics card below.
  • Extract the files to a location on disk.
  • Make sure no programs are running in the background, and double click Update.exe
  • Press "Y" to begin the update.
  • DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!
  • After update, restart PC.

BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti cards

The EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 cards have an XOC BIOS to flash.

Flash to the XOC version:

Spoiler

close

Flash back to the default BIOS:

Spoiler

close

BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 cards

EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Cards have several different versions.  Please pay close attention to which cards you have before installing a BIOS.  Although most of these BIOS versions won't cause problems if you flash between them, if you have a 3090OC card or a more newly manufactured 3090 FTW3, or 3090 FTW3 ULTRA, or 3090 FTW3 HYBRID card, then you already have the XOC BIOS on your OC switch. 

How to tell if you have a 3090 OC card and why it matters:

Spoiler

Before flashing your BIOS, confirm which type of card you have.  Because of some differences between the cards, flashing the wrong BIOS to your card could impact performance.  Here's how to tell the difference:
  • You emailed EVGA Customer support using the 3090OC email, sent in your card for RMA, and received a new card as a replacement.
  • You've more recently purchased an EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 card (FTW3/FTW3 ULTRA/HYBRID).  Here's a couple ways to check:
    • Move the BIOS Switch to OC, then check the BIOS via GPU-Z.  If the maximum wattage is 500W, then you have a 3090OC card.
    • Check the DeviceID in GPU-Z or PX1.  If you see near the "3842", the 3090OC cards will say "3981" for FTW3, "3982" for FTW3 ULTRA, and "3983" for HYBRID.
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 HYDROCOPPER override BIOS - ReBAR ONLY

These BIOS are used to flash your your card back to the default HYDROCOPPER card.  Don't flash these unless you've confirmed which type of card you have, (and you've already installed the card and configured your loop):

Spoiler

From 3090OC Cards to :
From non-HC BIOS - includes ReBAR - to:
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 HYBRID override BIOS
These BIOS are used to flash your regular 3090 FTW3/FTW3 ULTRA or 3090 XC3-based cards to act like a HYBRID card.  Don't flash these unless you've confirmed which type of card you have, and whether you want a Resizable BAR BIOS:

Spoiler

From 3090OC Cards to :
From original FTW3/XC3 cards - includes ReBAR - to:
From original FTW3/XC3 cards - without ReBAR - to:
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Default BIOS override BIOS
These BIOS are essentially the means to flash back to your original card.  Maybe you took off your HYBRID cooler, or want to update to a Resizable BAR BIOS, etc.; these BIOS versions will flash your card back to your previous model. Again, please confirm which card you have before flashing:

Spoiler

Flash to the 3090OC BIOS (make sure you have a 3090OC card first...see above).  Remember, the OC BIOS contains the XOC 500W BIOS:
Flash to the XOC versions of the original FTW3/FTW3 Ultra/HYBRID cards (includes ReBAR):
Flash to the ReBAR update for each EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 card:
Flash to the stock BIOS version of the FTW3 and XC3 based cards:
close

BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti cards

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti cards have only a few options, since they are shipped with the Resizable BAR BIOS.  Also note that the 3080 Ti FTW3 cards are shipped with an "XOC" BIOS with a 450W power limit out of the box; simply switch over to the OC BIOS.

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti HYBRID override BIOS
These BIOS are used to flash your regular 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA or 3080 Ti XC3-based cards to act like a HYBRID card:

Spoiler

From original 3080 Ti FTW3/XC3 cards - includes ReBAR - to:
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Default BIOS override BIOS
These BIOS are essentially the means to flash back to your original card.  Maybe you took off your HYBRID cooler to go back to air, etc.; these BIOS versions will flash your card back to your previous model. Again, please confirm which card you have before flashing:

Spoiler

close

BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB cards

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB cards have only a few options, since they are shipped with the Resizable BAR BIOS and XOC BIOS.  Please note that the 3080 12GB cards should not be flashed to 3080 10GB cards or 3080 Ti cards; the flash utility shouldn't let you, but it's better not to tempt fate.

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB HYBRID override BIOS
These BIOS are used to flash your regular 3080 12GB FTW3 ULTRA or 3080 12GB XC3-based cards to act like a HYBRID card after you add your kit:

Spoiler

From original 3080 12GB FTW3/XC3 cards - includes ReBAR/XOC - to:
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB Default BIOS override BIOS
These BIOS are essentially the means to flash back to your original card after taking off your HYBRID cooler to go back to air, etc.  Please confirm which card you have before flashing:

Spoiler

Flash to the Stock BIOS version - includes ReBAR/XOC - to:
close

BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 LHR cards (-KL / -KH / -RL suffix)

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 LHR Cards have several different versions.  Please pay close attention to which cards you have before installing a BIOS, although most of these BIOS versions won't cause problems if you flash between them.

All versions of the 3080 LHR cards carry the Resizable BAR BIOS.

PSA#3: DON'T FLASH AN LHR CARD TO A NON-LHR BIOS. I KNOW YOU'RE THINKING IT. JUST.DON'T.

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 HYDROCOPPER LHR override BIOS
These BIOS are used to flash your card back to the default HYDROCOPPER card. Don't flash these unless you've confirmed which type of card you have (and you've already installed your HC block and configured your loop):

Spoiler

From non-HC LHR BIOS - to:
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 HYBRID LHR override BIOS (+HY XOC)
These BIOS are used to flash your regular 3080 FTW3/FTW3 ULTRA or 3080 XC3-based LHR cards to act like a HYBRID card. Don't flash these unless you've confirmed which type of card you have:

Spoiler

XOC version of 3080 FTW3 HYBRID LHR cards w/ Device ID [4898] only or 3080 FTW3 LHR [4897] only (check in PX1 or GPU-Z) - to:
From original 3080 FTW3/XC3 LHR cards - to:
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Default BIOS override BIOS (+FTW3 XOC)
These BIOS are essentially the means to flash back to your original non-HYBRID/non-HC card.  Maybe you took off your HYBRID cooler, etc.; these BIOS versions will flash your card back to your previous model. Again, please confirm which card you have before flashing:

Spoiler

Flash to the XOC versions of the 3080 FTW3/FTW3 Ultra/HYBRID LHR cards:
Flash to the Stock BIOS version (contains ReBAR) for each EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 LHR card:
close

BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 cards

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Cards have several different versions.  Please pay close attention to which cards you have before installing a BIOS.  Although most of these BIOS versions won't cause problems if you flash between them. 

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 HYDROCOPPER override BIOS - ReBAR ONLY

These BIOS are used to flash your card back to the default HYDROCOPPER BIOS.  Don't flash these unless you've confirmed which type of card you have, (and you've already installed the card and configured your loop):

Spoiler

From non-HC BIOS - includes ReBAR - to:
close
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 HYBRID override BIOS
These BIOS are used to flash your regular 3080 FTW3/FTW3 ULTRA or 3080 XC3-based cards to act like a HYBRID card.  Don't flash these unless you've confirmed which type of card you have, and whether you want a Resizable BAR BIOS:

Spoiler

From original FTW3/XC3 cards - includes ReBAR - to:
From original FTW3/XC3 cards - without ReBAR - to:
close

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Default BIOS override BIOS (+HY and FTW3 XOC)

These BIOS are essentially the means to flash back to your original card.  Maybe you took off your HYBRID cooler, or want to update to a Resizable BAR BIOS, etc.; these BIOS versions will flash your card back to your previous model. Again, please confirm which card you have before flashing:

Spoiler

Flash to the XOC versions of the original FTW3/FTW3 Ultra/HYBRID cards (includes ReBAR):
Flash to the ReBAR update for each EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 card:
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra (10G-P5-3897-KR)
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 (10G-P5-3895-KR)
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra (10G-P5-3885-KR)
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 (10G-P5-3883-KR)
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 BLACK (10G-P5-3881-KR)
close

So there you have it.  Way too much information.  However, here are some additional threads that either contain some of the basic information or have much longer discussions about some of these BIOS versions:
2021/06/24 01:06:13
spider1701
Hello,
none of links related to "EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 HYBRID override BIOS" download works :-/
@EVGATech_LeeM could you please check it.

Attached Image(s)

2021/06/24 04:39:16
EVGA_Lee
spider1701
Hello,
none of links related to "EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 HYBRID override BIOS" download works :-/
@EVGATech_LeeM could you please check it.

It helps when you remember to upload the files.  Thanks for checking and posting about it.

Fixed now.
2021/06/24 06:51:03
spider1701
Confirmed... all seams to be OK now :-)
2021/06/24 12:02:22
vyoung1337
Question, 
I just received my replacement 3090 FTW3 ultra. when using port royal to do testing, I am unable to get anywhere close to 500w? even after setting it to 119% in x1 precision or msi afterburner, it maxes out around 460-461w with a max of 110% TDP in gpuz.

what am i doing wrong? the old card I RMA'ed was able to hit 500w, and hit the target TDP of 119% but had really high pcie slot powerdraw. the new card has fixed the high pcie slot power draw, but unable to hit the target when in the OC switch position.

do I need to RMA this again? 

2021/06/24 18:09:06
gsrcrxsi
@EVGATech_LeeM can you please post the BIOS links for the Hydro Copper cards just as you have for the air and hybrid cards? specifically looking for the ones for 3080ti XC3 Hydro Copper
2021/06/24 18:52:44
kram36
In the 3080 Ti spoiler list, you have 3090 mislabeled in there for the 3080 Ti air cooled cards.

2021/06/24 19:28:13
EVGA_Lee
gsrcrxsi
@EVGATech_LeeM can you please post the BIOS links for the Hydro Copper cards just as you have for the air and hybrid cards? specifically looking for the ones for 3080ti XC3 Hydro Copper

I don't have them currently (for the 3080 Ti), but I've requested them.  For the 30 Series, I only encourage people to use the HC BIOS if you actually have the HC card version.  This is mainly due to different components used on these cards for the sole purpose to improve the way the blocks sit on the card (hence, this is reflected in the BIOS), and may not necessarily work on other card designs.  Otherwise, there's no other reason to flash an HC BIOS to a non-HC card; unlike the situation with HYBRID BIOS, which utilizes a different fan scheme. 
2021/06/24 19:28:33
EVGA_Lee
kram36
In the 3080 Ti spoiler list, you have 3090 mislabeled in there for the 3080 Ti air cooled cards.

Thanks.  Fixed.

2021/06/24 19:34:30
kram36
EVGATech_LeeM
gsrcrxsi

I don't have them currently (for the 3080 Ti), but I've requested them.  For the 30 Series, I only encourage people to use the HC BIOS if you actually have the HC card version.  This is mainly due to different components used on these cards for the sole purpose to improve the way the blocks sit on the card (hence, this is reflected in the BIOS), and may not necessarily work on other card designs.  Otherwise, there's no other reason to flash an HC BIOS to a non-HC card; unlike the situation with HYBRID BIOS, which utilizes a different fan scheme. 

So if someone bought a 3080 Ti Hydro Copper card and wanted to put the Hybrid kit on it, it wouldn't work?

https://forums.evga.com/YES-You-can-replace-the-30803090-Hydro-copper-with-a-HybridAIO-kit-m3406152.aspx

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account