2022/12/14 14:57:24
TheHackster92
EVGATech_LeeM
TheHackster92
I'll reply to my own post in case anyone else is having the problem of trying to go from hybrid bios 94.02.71.40.DA back to stock 3897 LHR.

I contacted EVGA support directly about this issue, and got the following reply from the tech there:

"I've been working with our product management team and it seems there may be an flash issue with this particular BIOS that makes it difficult to override. Once we have an update for this issue, we'll reach out. I apologize for any inconvenience.  In the meantime, the card should still work, and you should still be able to control the fans on the card, despite it showing as a Hybrid GPU."

If/when EVGA support has a solution for this problem, I will post the solution

Yes, I need to see about getting a new BIOS for you guys.  Sorry for the delay.

I don't have enough posts to reply to the PM I got from @EVGATech_LeeM, but I want to send out a big THANK YOU!!!

I got this from LeeM via PM:

EVGATech_LeeM
Hello,

Please give this BIOS a try to see if it resolves your issue with flashing back to the 3080 FTW3:

[check with EVGATech_LeeM for the link]

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you run into issues.  Please make sure that Fast Boot is off.

Cheers,
Lee

And that bios like solved my problem! X1 now correctly shows that I have a 3897 again.

Thanks EVGATech_LeeM. You're awesome!!!!
2022/12/14 15:11:34
EVGATech_DanielM
 Lee to the rescue 
2022/12/22 15:14:35
erkansus2
is there a 3090 TI 1000w bios? FTW ultra
The XOC one here is only 115%
2022/12/26 06:49:22
kissTheApex
Guys I’m having a strange issue.

I’ve had my 3090 Hybrid for a year and a half in my previous computer. Never installed PX1. The card came with C01F in normal, and C006 in OC positions from the factory.

Fast forward to a month ago, I built a new PC, but against my better judgement, installed PX1 this time, which immediately prompted to “update” the bios to the same C006, which I clicked “yes” in confusion. Ever since, I seem to get random windows crashes every once in a while. I had installed PX1 only to set LEDs to white, and then uninstalled it.

Any ideas if updating the bios to the same version would have caused an issue?
2022/12/26 22:48:13
93f0rc3
Hi Fellow EVGA'ers,

I have a quick question.

Flashed the 3090 Ti Black XOC bios and did a Superposition 8K run.

Looks like the additional power draw comes into play, but I am worried about the 3x 8pin sucking almost 170W per 8pin and 10W on the PCIe slot.

Is this normal? Shouldn't 1x 8pin draw 150W and then max 75W on the PCIe slot = 525W MAX?

Please advise :)

Thanks!
2022/12/27 22:16:03
DarkFamiliarity
Hi @EVGATech_LeeM, thanks so much for the detailed post. I have a couple questions before flashing the 450W bios. I have an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming LHR with a hybrid kit installed. ReBAR is currently on.
  • GPU-Z Lookup button says I have the 10G-P5-4897-KR / GA102 LHR, but my GPU box says that I have the 10G-P5-3897-KL. I'm not sure which bios to use as the thread says only device ID 4898 being converted to 3898-KL, but I have the 3897 (or maybe 4897? idk) The end goal is to have a 450W hybrid bios.
  • If I want to have stock bios and install the 450W bios in the second bios slot, do I first boot the system after moving the bios switch to the OC position and then follow the install steps? and to revert to stock bios I can just use the bios switch to return to full stock bios?
  • Is it okay to turn on CSM/Fast Boot after installing the bios?
Sorry if these are repeat questions but I couldn't find out how to search within the thread. Thank you.
2023/01/03 09:23:37
EVGA_Lee
DarkFamiliarity
Hi @EVGATech_LeeM, thanks so much for the detailed post. I have a couple questions before flashing the 450W bios. I have an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming LHR with a hybrid kit installed. ReBAR is currently on.
  • GPU-Z Lookup button says I have the 10G-P5-4897-KR / GA102 LHR, but my GPU box says that I have the 10G-P5-3897-KL. I'm not sure which bios to use as the thread says only device ID 4898 being converted to 3898-KL, but I have the 3897 (or maybe 4897? idk) The end goal is to have a 450W hybrid bios.
  • If I want to have stock bios and install the 450W bios in the second bios slot, do I first boot the system after moving the bios switch to the OC position and then follow the install steps? and to revert to stock bios I can just use the bios switch to return to full stock bios?
Sorry if these are repeat questions but I couldn't find out how to search within the thread. Thank you.

Make sure to use the 3080 FTW3 BIOS under the "BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 LHR cards (-KL / -KH / -RL suffix)".  That will include your part number.  The HYBRID BIOS issue is specifically related to that part number, which can be resolved.

After you confirm the BIOS is flashed, yes, you may turn on Fast Boot.  If you can already boot with CSM disabled, you may as well leave it disabled.  Fast boot can be turned on once you've confirmed the BIOS has been updated.

2023/01/03 13:05:54
DarkFamiliarity
EVGATech_LeeM
DarkFamiliarity

Make sure to use the 3080 FTW3 BIOS under the "BIOS Flashes for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 LHR cards (-KL / -KH / -RL suffix)".  That will include your part number.  The HYBRID BIOS issue is specifically related to that part number, which can be resolved.

After you confirm the BIOS is flashed, yes, you may turn on Fast Boot.  If you can already boot with CSM disabled, you may as well leave it disabled.  Fast boot can be turned on once you've confirmed the BIOS has been updated.

Thank you so much for the response! Just to double check, the BIOS switch must be in the OC position before I flash the bios, and that I should go with this one specifically: 4897_XOC_LHR_ovu.zip for my 10G-P5-3897-KL with a Hybrid cooler?
2023/01/03 13:56:30
EVGA_Lee
DarkFamiliarity
Thank you so much for the response! Just to double check, the BIOS switch must be in the OC position before I flash the bios, and that I should go with this one specifically: 4897_XOC_LHR_ovu.zip for my 10G-P5-3897-KL with a Hybrid cooler?

If you installed a HYBRID cooler onto the card, then you would want to flash the card to 4898, so that PX1 will treat the card like a HYBRID.  Otherwise, PX1 will treat it like a normal 3-fan heatsink.

The XOC can be installed onto any of the BIOS switches.  The Normal and OC switches are just so that people can more easily keep track of what they're doing.  The main difference is that the OC version has a more aggressive fan profile and doesn't shut off, I believe, while the Normal version still allows for 0dB mode.
2023/01/03 14:02:50
DarkFamiliarity
EVGATech_LeeM
DarkFamiliarity

If you installed a HYBRID cooler onto the card, then you would want to flash the card to 4898, so that PX1 will treat the card like a HYBRID.  Otherwise, PX1 will treat it like a normal 3-fan heatsink.

The XOC can be installed onto any of the BIOS switches.  The Normal and OC switches are just so that people can more easily keep track of what they're doing.  The main difference is that the OC version has a more aggressive fan profile and doesn't shut off, I believe, while the Normal version still allows for 0dB mode.

Got it, so I would be getting this to flash on one of the slots: 4898_XOC_LHR_ovu.zip to get the 450W limit, maintain ReBAR support, and change it to be recognized as a hybrid? Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

(To go from 10G-P5-3897-KL to the Hybrid 4898 even though the post says 3898 to 4898)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account