2021/07/06 12:01:08
fhub271
Receiving my Hybrid Kit this week to convert my FTW3 3080 Ti. Thanks for this!
2021/07/07 09:14:28
msmouse
EVGATech_LeeM
bubububububu
EVGA apparently hasn't addressed the issue that none of the LHR versions of older cards (anything non-TI in other words) work with existing bios.

We need BIOS for all of them, in my case 3080 ftw3 ultra LHR version. Not a single bios available for 3080 ftw3's or hybrids is compatible, but they were still happy to sell me a hybrid kit that fits even if the bios aren't available to get it working in PX1 properly.

Noted.  I don't currently have LHR BIOS for any of the cards (unless you count 3080 Ti).  I will request them.

Glad this is on your radar! 
2021/07/09 09:10:27
gsrcrxsi
EVGATech_LeeM
@everyone, I will try to add the HYDRO COPPER BIOS files next week.  I'm a bit loaded with projects this week.

how's this coming?
2021/07/10 16:52:06
xXGravekeeperXx
msmouse
EVGATech_LeeM
bubububububu
EVGA apparently hasn't addressed the issue that none of the LHR versions of older cards (anything non-TI in other words) work with existing bios.

We need BIOS for all of them, in my case 3080 ftw3 ultra LHR version. Not a single bios available for 3080 ftw3's or hybrids is compatible, but they were still happy to sell me a hybrid kit that fits even if the bios aren't available to get it working in PX1 properly.

Noted.  I don't currently have LHR BIOS for any of the cards (unless you count 3080 Ti).  I will request them.

Glad this is on your radar! 

Hopefully it gets done soon, I had to RMA my non LHR card and got an LHR card in its place.  I already have the kit reapplied and just need to be able to change the bios at this point.
2021/07/11 00:08:16
rzelek506
Tried this BIOS update to update my 3080ti (3967) to a hybrid; and it worked successfully!
Thank you!
2021/07/12 05:14:52
ObscureEmpyre
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
I ordered an EK GPU block that should be arriving in the near future, so I'm looking forward to putting my card on water. Aside from that, even Kombustor shows my power limit being 112.5% with the slider maxed using PX1, which should mean total max power output at 393.75w. I just used Kombustor and monitored the GPU power using HWiNFO64 and saw a max draw of 449.3w, so I guess it's true that it is a 450w max. Not sure why earlier I was only seeing 392w. Glad to know nothing's wonky with my card.

I have an ek block on mine, The temps are great. 46c and 50c mem junction after running about 20 mins at full load. I used hydronaut and thermalright odyssey for the memory. One 85x45x1mm sheet was just barely enough for the memory.

Did you cut the Thermalirght Odyssey into individual squares for the memory, or use strips where you could? I got some and plan to block my 3080 Ti in the near future. I know EK’s provided thermal pads are usually pre-cut for the memory and one usually has to cut strips for the VRM.
2021/07/14 01:27:13
jaro_irl
Interesting.
2021/07/14 11:22:35
ObscureEmpyre
Hey, is there any advantage to using hydro copper bios on an air card that had its stock cooler replaced with a water block? Also, what's the best source for EVGA GPU BIOS? Is techpowerup.com the go-to, or is there another repository?
2021/07/14 14:01:39
Sajin
ObscureEmpyre
Hey, is there any advantage to using hydro copper bios on an air card that had its stock cooler replaced with a water block? Also, what's the best source for EVGA GPU BIOS? Is techpowerup.com the go-to, or is there another repository?

Yes, higher power limits could be attained. Best source would be evga tech support. 2nd best would be techpowerup.com/vgabios.
2021/07/14 14:15:00
ObscureEmpyre
Sajin
ObscureEmpyre

Yes, higher power limits could be attained. Best source would be evga tech support. 2nd best would be techpowerup.com/vgabios.

Thank you. I'll reach out to them.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account