2021/07/04 20:11:26
mizzer
Where do I find the bios files for the 3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid?
Are they on this site?
2021/07/04 22:26:36
bubububububu
The download link labeled 3897_XOC_Rebar.zip is a 0kb file.
2021/07/05 01:59:09
msmouse
Bios for 10G-P5-3897-KL (LHR 3080)? -- I got "No display adapters were found that are compatible with this update." when trying to use the 3898 BIOS files. 
2021/07/05 14:01:50
Endworld
Hey guys! Just converted my 3080 FTW Ultra to a Hybrid, and had a question. Everything went well and I'm pretty sure I installed the proper BIOS. However, in PX1 the power limit is now 105% as opposed to the 118% the card had available before updating. I assumed the card would stay the same at least being it has better cooling available. Is it supposed to be more limited on power than the 3080 FTW? Or is the base power limit higher, thus the smaller available gain in PX1? I was just kind of confused about it and couldn't seem to find any info, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

After asking around on Reddit, people are saying the one linked in the OP is the incorrect BIOS for a higher power limit, and it should be 118%. 
The files are:
3898_Normal_ovu.exe
3898_OC_ovu.exe

I used the OC_ovu and it still gives the 105% limit. Does anyone have a link or info on the Hybrid BIOS with the 450w limit????
2021/07/05 14:34:44
bubububububu
EVGA apparently hasn't addressed the issue that none of the LHR versions of older cards (anything non-TI in other words) work with existing bios.

We need BIOS for all of them, in my case 3080 ftw3 ultra LHR version. Not a single bios available for 3080 ftw3's or hybrids is compatible, but they were still happy to sell me a hybrid kit that fits even if the bios aren't available to get it working in PX1 properly.
2021/07/05 22:36:54
msmouse
bubububububu
EVGA apparently hasn't addressed the issue that none of the LHR versions of older cards (anything non-TI in other words) work with existing bios.

We need BIOS for all of them, in my case 3080 ftw3 ultra LHR version. Not a single bios available for 3080 ftw3's or hybrids is compatible, but they were still happy to sell me a hybrid kit that fits even if the bios aren't available to get it working in PX1 properly.

Didn't realize it's been an issue for a while. I just got to this yesterday.

2021/07/06 09:54:08
EVGA_Lee
demoneoire
Excellent thread mr @EVGATech_LeeM , all the info gathered in one place, very critical. 

Could you please clarify one more thing, about mixing the bios with installing the Evga kit ? 

This is the case.
I have 3080FTW3 ultra.
On switch 1 the default bios without ReBAR. 
On switch 2 I have updated  the XOC - OC bios without ReBar.

I have the kit 

OPTION 1 
Can I have 
On switch 1 the FTW3 HYBRID with ReBAR  installing the 

"From original FTW3/XC3 cards - includes ReBAR - to:
  •  EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 HYBRID [ReBAR]
    [ReBAR]" and on 
switch 2 one from the normal/OC of the HYBRID installing

"Flash to the XOC versions of the original FTW3/FTW3 Ultra/HYBRID cards (includes ReBAR):
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 HYBRID (10G-P5-3898-KR) [XOC/ReBAR]"

Or I have to flash back the switch 2 on default, then flash to Hybrid, then flash to ReBAR through PX1 ? 

and one more 

OPTION 2
Can I have  
On switch 1 the FTW3 HYBRID  without  ReBAR  installing the 
"From original FTW3/XC3 cards - without ReBAR - to: "
  •   "
on switch 2 
the option 1 with ReBAR

I would be very glad if you answer this, have a long time this query 
but anyway I understand your projects and time, whenever you can  , thanks! 

This is a little bit confusing, but I'll try to answer it.

For Option 1:
  • Switch 1 - Yes, you can flash to the 3080 FTW3 HYBRID w/ ReBAR directly
  • Switch 2 - I would flash to the 3080 FTW3 HYBRID w/ ReBAR first, then flash to the 3080 FTW3 HYBRID XOC BIOS after a reboot.  Since the XOC is not an override BIOS, you'll need to first flash to a HYBRID BIOS first.
For Option 2:
  • Switch 1 - Not sure which one you meant here.
  • Switch 2 - Same answer as Option 1.
2021/07/06 09:56:10
EVGA_Lee
bubububububu
The download link labeled 3897_XOC_Rebar.zip is a 0kb file.

I just checked, and it should be 8.2MB.  I wonder if you just clicked it when our server had a hiccup or something.
2021/07/06 09:58:46
EVGA_Lee
Endworld
Hey guys! Just converted my 3080 FTW Ultra to a Hybrid, and had a question. Everything went well and I'm pretty sure I installed the proper BIOS. However, in PX1 the power limit is now 105% as opposed to the 118% the card had available before updating. I assumed the card would stay the same at least being it has better cooling available. Is it supposed to be more limited on power than the 3080 FTW? Or is the base power limit higher, thus the smaller available gain in PX1? I was just kind of confused about it and couldn't seem to find any info, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

After asking around on Reddit, people are saying the one linked in the OP is the incorrect BIOS for a higher power limit, and it should be 118%. 
The files are:
3898_Normal_ovu.exe3898_OC_ovu.exe I used the OC_ovu and it still gives the 105% limit. Does anyone have a link or info on the Hybrid BIOS with the 450w limit????

Neither of those that you posted are XOC versions of the BIOS.  Flash your BIOS to the HYBRID BIOS first, then use the XOC BIOS options posted in the Default BIOS section for the 3080s.
2021/07/06 10:00:17
EVGA_Lee
bubububububu

Noted.  I don't currently have LHR BIOS for any of the cards (unless you count 3080 Ti).  I will request them.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account