2021/07/01 10:08:17
EVGA_Lee
@everyone, I will try to add the HYDRO COPPER BIOS files next week.  I'm a bit loaded with projects this week.
2021/07/01 10:24:41
ObscureEmpyre
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
I ordered an EK GPU block that should be arriving in the near future, so I'm looking forward to putting my card on water. Aside from that, even Kombustor shows my power limit being 112.5% with the slider maxed using PX1, which should mean total max power output at 393.75w. I just used Kombustor and monitored the GPU power using HWiNFO64 and saw a max draw of 449.3w, so I guess it's true that it is a 450w max. Not sure why earlier I was only seeing 392w. Glad to know nothing's wonky with my card.

I have an ek block on mine, The temps are great. 46c and 50c mem junction after running about 20 mins at full load. I used hydronaut and thermalright odyssey for the memory. One 85x45x1mm sheet was just barely enough for the memory.

The EK-provided pads weren’t enough?
2021/07/01 10:38:40
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
I ordered an EK GPU block that should be arriving in the near future, so I'm looking forward to putting my card on water. Aside from that, even Kombustor shows my power limit being 112.5% with the slider maxed using PX1, which should mean total max power output at 393.75w. I just used Kombustor and monitored the GPU power using HWiNFO64 and saw a max draw of 449.3w, so I guess it's true that it is a 450w max. Not sure why earlier I was only seeing 392w. Glad to know nothing's wonky with my card.

I have an ek block on mine, The temps are great. 46c and 50c mem junction after running about 20 mins at full load. I used hydronaut and thermalright odyssey for the memory. One 85x45x1mm sheet was just barely enough for the memory.

Im sure they would of been just fine, But they seem to be pretty basic pads similar to the real cheap blue ones you can buy on amazon without any branding. The ones on my backplate they gave me are already leeching oil out so I suspect they might be pretty low quality. An extra $10-15 for quality pads on the memory is a small price to pay imo. I used the ek pads on rest of the front and the backplate. If you do go with aftermarket pads from thermalright or gelid id stick to around 12 W/mk, 15+ can be alot stiffer and prevent you from getting proper die contact if they dont squish enough.
2021/07/01 11:49:51
ObscureEmpyre
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre

Im sure they would of been just fine, But they seem to be pretty basic pads similar to the real cheap blue ones you can buy on amazon without any branding. The ones on my backplate they gave me are already leeching oil out so I suspect they might be pretty low quality. An extra $10-15 for quality pads on the memory is a small price to pay imo. I used the ek pads on rest of the front and the backplate. If you do go with aftermarket pads from thermalright or gelid id stick to around 12 W/mk, 15+ can be alot stiffer and prevent you from getting proper die contact if they dont squish enough.

Thanks for the tip. I used the EK-provided pads for my 2080 Ti, and those were hardly enough. I may just go the route of getting ones like those you suggested. Otherwise, I’ve still got plenty of Kryonaut for the die itself.
2021/07/01 20:02:54
Ciddharthas
Could someone please confirm whether VBIOS 94.02.42.80.FC is the most up-to-date version for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra that was converted using a hybrid kit?  I did the updates a while ago, and they behaved a little wonky when I did them, so I figured I'd make sure I have the right one.  I tried re-downloading the bios to check if the file was named the same as what I have, but the firmware files use a different naming scheme than the bios they install apparently.

Incidentally, I've been having no end of trouble with Nvidia Broadcast, and Nvidia hasn't been much help, so I'm trying to rule out what might be causing it, as I really like what the software does.  I've ruled out drivers, so now I'm wondering if I have an out-of-date bios or something.  I don't think firmware would make any difference.
2021/07/01 22:25:59
EVGA_Lee
Ciddharthas
Could someone please confirm whether VBIOS 94.02.42.80.FC is the most up-to-date version for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra that was converted using a hybrid kit?  I did the updates a while ago, and they behaved a little wonky when I did them, so I figured I'd make sure I have the right one.  I tried re-downloading the bios to check if the file was named the same as what I have, but the firmware files use a different naming scheme than the bios they install apparently.

Incidentally, I've been having no end of trouble with Nvidia Broadcast, and Nvidia hasn't been much help, so I'm trying to rule out what might be causing it, as I really like what the software does.  I've ruled out drivers, so now I'm wondering if I have an out-of-date bios or something.  I don't think firmware would make any difference.

What you're basically asking is what the correct BIOS file is for the 3080 FTW3 HYBRID, since it doesn't matter if the card was born a HYBRID or converted to a HYBRID.  94.02.42.80.FC is the latest ReBAR OC switch BIOS, which makes it the latest.
2021/07/02 09:13:17
Ciddharthas
EVGATech_LeeM
Ciddharthas

What you're basically asking is what the correct BIOS file is for the 3080 FTW3 HYBRID, since it doesn't matter if the card was born a HYBRID or converted to a HYBRID.  94.02.42.80.FC is the latest ReBAR OC switch BIOS, which makes it the latest.

Awesome, thank you!
2021/07/02 17:50:32
demoneoire
Excellent thread mr @EVGATech_LeeM , all the info gathered in one place, very critical. 

Could you please clarify one more thing, about mixing the bios with installing the Evga kit ? 

This is the case.
I have 3080FTW3 ultra.
On switch 1 the default bios without ReBAR. 
On switch 2 I have updated  the XOC - OC bios without ReBar.

I have the kit 

OPTION 1 
Can I have 
On switch 1 the FTW3 HYBRID with ReBAR  installing the 

"From original FTW3/XC3 cards - includes ReBAR - to:
  •  EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 HYBRID [ReBAR]
    [ReBAR]" and on 
switch 2 one from the normal/OC of the HYBRID installing

"Flash to the XOC versions of the original FTW3/FTW3 Ultra/HYBRID cards (includes ReBAR):
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 HYBRID (10G-P5-3898-KR) [XOC/ReBAR]"

Or I have to flash back the switch 2 on default, then flash to Hybrid, then flash to ReBAR through PX1 ? 

and one more 

OPTION 2
Can I have  
On switch 1 the FTW3 HYBRID  without  ReBAR  installing the 
"From original FTW3/XC3 cards - without ReBAR - to: "
  •   "
on switch 2 
the option 1 with ReBAR

I would be very glad if you answer this, have a long time this query 
but anyway I understand your projects and time, whenever you can  , thanks! 

2021/07/03 12:29:41
Mc2Fox
I have a question. So when I download the BIOS files I get two items, normal and OC. I already did the normal BIOs update but what I was wondering was do I need to flip the switch on the PCB to OC to install the OC BIOs or can I just go ahead and install the OC BIOs as is? Never mind, found what I needed and yes I did need to flip the switch to OC.
2021/07/03 21:18:25
bubububububu
Made a post, realized the answer was in an above post, want to delete it, but editing to explain is the best I can seem to do. Sorry!

Edit, new question after all: Looking for confirmation that all of these bios update files will work with the -KL versions of the cards (the lower hashrate cards EVGA is now selling, as opposed to the original -KR's) or are we out of luck until they are modified to work with them?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account