2021/06/28 10:44:44
matrix7
As far as i know both are 400/450 if you increase the power limit.The only difference is that oc bios has a more aggressive fan curve
2021/06/30 10:23:24
JohnnyBones007
sheesh, how much u get the 3070ti for?
2021/06/30 11:27:43
EVGA_Lee
Homeless2
Is there going to be an XOC bios for the 3070 ti?  I'm hitting power cap playing games at 1440p and it makes me sad 

Drewlrox
Will there be xoc bios for 3080 Ti? Hitting power limit on water. 500 or 520w would be nice.

No plans at this time for an XOC BIOS for either 3070 Ti or 3080 Ti.
2021/06/30 13:24:34
christobol
EVGATech_LeeM
gsrcrxsi
@EVGATech_LeeM can you please post the BIOS links for the Hydro Copper cards just as you have for the air and hybrid cards? specifically looking for the ones for 3080ti XC3 Hydro Copper

I don't have them currently (for the 3080 Ti), but I've requested them.  For the 30 Series, I only encourage people to use the HC BIOS if you actually have the HC card version.  This is mainly due to different components used on these cards for the sole purpose to improve the way the blocks sit on the card (hence, this is reflected in the BIOS), and may not necessarily work on other card designs.  Otherwise, there's no other reason to flash an HC BIOS to a non-HC card; unlike the situation with HYBRID BIOS, which utilizes a different fan scheme. 

@EVGATech_LeeM any luck on the bios for the other HC cards?  I installed my 3090 FTW3 Ultra HC (24G-P5-3989-KR) card last night and would like that bios. 
2021/06/30 13:25:46
RedSVTLightning
I have an older 3090 FTW3 (I presume. Got it in Nov.) that I converted to a Hybrid. Currently my BIOS is 94.02.C0.11. Is that the latest XOC BIOS? During Benchmarks, I only get around 450-460W

Attached Image(s)

2021/07/01 07:41:39
ObscureEmpyre
subzerogts
Can someone confirm that? The 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra comes with a 450w power limit from the factory on the default/normal BIOS?
Which software is most recommended to try and increase power? MSI Afterburner?

I own one, and no. The listed specs are for 350w, and PX1 allows for an additional 13% (395.5w). MSI Afterburner, which is what I prefer to use for OSD purposes, seems to only allow for an additional 12% and explains why I have not personally seen above 392w. Although, MSI Afterburner hasn't had a version update since this card was released, so maybe a future version will allow for the +13%. What I don't understand is why the OC BIOS is the same version as the Normal BIOS (94.02.71.00.B0). When I first installed the card, PX1 performed a BIOS update, and that was with the selector switch set to Normal. Once I ensured the card was working, I powered down and switched to the OC BIOS, but PX1 had no update for it. As far as I can tell, both the Normal and OC BIOS behave identically, probably because it's the same version.
2021/07/01 08:06:41
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
subzerogts
Can someone confirm that? The 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra comes with a 450w power limit from the factory on the default/normal BIOS?

I own one, and no. The listed specs are for 350w, and PX1 allows for an additional 13% (395.5w). MSI Afterburner, which is what I prefer to use for OSD purposes, seems to only allow for an additional 12% and explains why I have not personally seen above 392w. Although, MSI Afterburner hasn't had a version update since this card was released, so maybe a future version will allow for the +13%. What I don't understand is why the OC BIOS is the same version as the Normal BIOS (94.02.71.00.B0). When I first installed the card, PX1 performed a BIOS update, and that was with the selector switch set to Normal. Once I ensured the card was working, I powered down and switched to the OC BIOS, but PX1 had no update for it. As far as I can tell, both the Normal and OC BIOS behave identically, probably because it's the same version.

Px1 does not update the vbios as far as I know, Only the firmware for the fan/rgb controller. Mine sits at 400-415w with power slider maxed. then hits about 430w in komboster. So the limit is 450w but due to power balance it doesnt actually reach the full 450. You can also see on tpu bios details the default target is 400 with limit of 450. Mine is on water and constantly power limited which is unfortunate because im pretty sure my card could do atleast a constant 2100mhz or maybe even closer to 2200 with some more power. Hoping evga releases a xoc bios, Does not make sense to have the same power limit as 3080 on the 3080 Ti.
2021/07/01 08:31:42
ObscureEmpyre
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
subzerogts

Px1 does not update the vbios as far as I know, Only the firmware for the fan/rgb controller. Mine sits at 400-415w with power slider maxed. then hits about 430w in komboster. So the limit is 450w but due to power balance it doesnt actually reach the full 450. You can also see on tpu bios details the default target is 400 with limit of 450. Mine is on water and constantly power limited which is unfortunate because im pretty sure my card could do atleast a constant 2100mhz or maybe even closer to 2200 with some more power. Hoping evga releases a xoc bios, Does not make sense to have the same power limit as 3080 on the 3080 Ti.

I ordered an EK GPU block that should be arriving in the near future, so I'm looking forward to putting my card on water. Aside from that, even Kombustor shows my power limit being 112.5% with the slider maxed using PX1, which should mean total max power output at 393.75w. I just used Kombustor and monitored the GPU power using HWiNFO64 and saw a max draw of 449.3w, so I guess it's true that it is a 450w max. Not sure why earlier I was only seeing 392w. Glad to know nothing's wonky with my card.
2021/07/01 08:40:15
brianviarengo
Hi LeeM, 
Can you include the default bios with and without rebar in this paragraph as well? Specifically for model number, 3899. The recently notify 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper, please? I would appreciate it.
2021/07/01 08:52:20
Drewlrox
ObscureEmpyre
I ordered an EK GPU block that should be arriving in the near future, so I'm looking forward to putting my card on water. Aside from that, even Kombustor shows my power limit being 112.5% with the slider maxed using PX1, which should mean total max power output at 393.75w. I just used Kombustor and monitored the GPU power using HWiNFO64 and saw a max draw of 449.3w, so I guess it's true that it is a 450w max. Not sure why earlier I was only seeing 392w. Glad to know nothing's wonky with my card.

I have an ek block on mine, The temps are great. 46c and 50c mem junction after running about 20 mins at full load. I used hydronaut and thermalright odyssey for the memory. One 85x45x1mm sheet was just barely enough for the memory.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account