2022/07/15 11:00:23
mech9t5
enewt
defensor

enewt...did you go dark for vacation?  

I did.  Just back from Europe.  Ate way too much fried cheese and olive oil, but it was fantastic.  Downsides: (1) enewt jr. is now head over heals in love with F1 (not a horrible thing), (2) her soccer skills have waned -- two weeks without touching a ball (not a good thing), and (3) I appear to have missed the 3090 Ti KPE launch (no comment).  

Upsides: spent loads of time with the family, my brother's family and a bunch of museums and ancient artifacts.

Just now digging out of all of the DMs I received re the 3090 Ti KPE launch and other stuff. Thanks for the correspondence.

Yikes, again...so a missed card and no 3090 KPE. Oh well, 4090 (or ti) KPE for you then.

Welcome back from your vacation.
2022/07/15 11:05:52
kraade
Welcome home enewt. Bad news you missed another KPE , good news is they added back the HC kit to the notifies this week if you are so inclined.
2022/07/15 13:21:20
Nereus
enewt
I guess an amphibian cannot take his first vacation in two plus years without some blowback.  
So when I left the country I wasn't expecting to be offline for two full weeks...but that is what happened.
I am proud of the work that was reflected in the daily queue summaries and I hope it helped folks. As I have said numerous times, being part of this community made my wait easier.

Interesting timing, but whatever, you're here now. I noted that you had logged in to the forums a couple of times over those 2+ weeks, but just hadn't posted.

I've responded to your comment on the other thread. Again, I was very thankful for the help with the spreadsheets (and even relieved), and yes, I see you did start helping late in October, not after a couple of months as I initially thought (although it certainly felt like months), but I was not at all happy with the way I was pushed out, that is really what got me - and all the praise you 'humbly' accepted while never acknowledging that much of that initial data had been entered and compiled by someone else. That's really the crux of it. Just a little thanks is all it would have taken. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

2022/07/15 17:57:56
justin_43
Even if this guy is back on the forums it doesn't mean it wasn't all for the EVGA bucks. Let's see it continue when the 40 series releases and there is no EVGA buck compensation.
2022/07/15 18:32:54
electrosoft
Welcome back Enewt!

justin_43
Even if this guy is back on the forums it doesn't mean it wasn't all for the EVGA bucks. Let's see it continue when the 40 series releases and there is no EVGA buck compensation.

If the 3.0 queue system is in effect for the 4000 series, it will be much harder to follow since everything is score and previous purchase (within the 4000 series) based along with only being able to queue up for a max of 2 cards and purchase of 1 will re-align your queue position for the other.

Nereus
Interesting timing, but whatever, you're here now. I noted that you had logged in to the forums a couple of times over those 2+ weeks, but just hadn't posted.

I've responded to your comment on the other thread. Again, I was very thankful for the help with the spreadsheets (and even relieved), and yes, I see you did start helping late in October, not after a couple of months as I initially thought (although it certainly felt like months), but I was not at all happy with the way I was pushed out, that is really what got me - and all the praise you 'humbly' accepted while never acknowledging that much of that initial data had been entered and compiled by someone else. That's really the crux of it. Just a little thanks is all it would have taken. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The spreadsheets and tracking really did help give a sense of where you stood in the queues. I ended up queuing up and getting I think 2 cards in the 2.0 queue? (KPE 3090, 3060) and they definitely helped, thanks Nereus (or whoever kickstarted it originally).

2022/07/15 20:08:51
Nereus
electrosoft
The spreadsheets and tracking really did help give a sense of where you stood in the queues. I ended up queuing up and getting I think 2 cards in the 2.0 queue? (KPE 3090, 3060) and they definitely helped, thanks Nereus (or whoever kickstarted it originally).

It was a guy named Mark (not me, another Mark) who actually created the first few spreadsheets, but he wasn't maintaining / updating them, and very few people were adding their info, so I started adding all the notifications from the forum and maintaining the spreadsheets and separating new models etc. Once I started doing that, more people noticed and were posting their notifications in the forum thread like crazy and it took off.

I mostly liked seeing some sort of indication of where my place in the queue was too - an actual number, that was one good thing about the spreadsheets. Having just a time stamp could mean there were 25 people in front of you or 250 people in front of you or 2,500 people in front of you, there was no way of knowing.. but of course that method was a hell of a lot easier to maintain, as enewt figured out.

With the advent of queue 3.0 and the EVGA score, it's become pretty close to impossible to get any reasonable indication of your place in the queue when there's multiple factors influencing it.

I'm forever grateful EVGA implemented a queue though - that was much more than any other etailer did.

2022/07/16 09:51:41
enewt
Nereus
I'm forever grateful EVGA implemented a queue though - that was much more than any other etailer did.

Agreed.  EVGA showed up for its consumers and fans with the queue system in a way that no other etailer or AIB partner pursued. It is to their everlasting credit that they saw so many of us successfully through the 30 series tech update cycle. Huge kudos to EVGA_JacobF, his team, the customer service and, especially, the shipping department -- I imagine they had to ramp the hardest and quickest when EVGA pivoted to driving substantially more sales through their e-Store than ever before.
2022/07/17 14:45:14
DoctorDothraki
Last week (the week of July 11) was only the third week where no new 30 series SKUs appeared in stock since they started appearing the week of March 7.  The only other two weeks were March 28 and May 30.  The only noteworthy things the graphics cards did was remove all water-cooled non-Ti 3090s from store pages and make 3755-LK and 3755-KR available simultaneously.

There are now only 4 SKUs left that haven't reached a "resolution" in queue status yet:
  • 3971 (3090 XC3 Black, no queue drop reports ever)
  • 3953 (3080 Ti XC3 Gaming, last June 2021 card)
  • 3753 (3070 XC3 Gaming)
  • 1999 (3090 K|NGP|N HC kit)
2022/07/18 08:31:34
philipma1957
enewt
Nereus

Agreed.  EVGA showed up for its consumers and fans with the queue system in a way that no other etailer or AIB partner pursued. It is to their everlasting credit that they saw so many of us successfully through the 30 series tech update cycle. Huge kudos to EVGA_JacobF, his team, the customer service and, especially, the shipping department -- I imagine they had to ramp the hardest and quickest when EVGA pivoted to driving substantially more sales through their e-Store than ever before.

TRYING to buy a 3080 hybrid with your code. seems to keep crashing with a 404 error

I will try later today
2022/07/18 10:50:15
enewt
philipma1957
enewt
Nereus

TRYING to buy a 3080 hybrid with your code. seems to keep crashing with a 404 error

I will try later today

Best of luck. Anybody's code should work.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account