2021/04/23 10:41:49
johnny2shoes
All sorted?
2021/04/23 11:30:50
DataNode
Got the card, it has a 3090 shroud on a 3080, fan2 is at 100% and doing my head in. Other than that great 👍

Sorry, I am really pissed off, they should have better quality control than this.

I will try to update the firmware and contact their support.

I wonder if I get a hydro cooler it fixes the issue.

But I don’t really want to pay for their mess. Maybe if they send me one for free? A DOA (not fit for purpose) after patiently waiting months and trying to help others, not sure this really worked out for me in the end.
2021/04/23 11:56:50
johnny2shoes
That's unfortunate, I'd have thought the 3090 shroud wouldn't fit the 3080. I know scan sell the aio kit, it should solve the issue.

Worth raising though, not sure they will let you keep it given the value but might get lucky

Any update on the customs aspect? Did you have to pay any duty?
2021/04/23 12:30:02
DataNode
None yet, so presume none to pay under the exchange program.

I am tempted to phone them and explain the issue. If the aio works, it might be a better option, than returning it!

I would want them to accept it is broken before I do anything to it though...
2021/04/23 14:43:44
DataNode
I contacted support, with link to video. Will see what they say, the shroud does seem to fit, I thought I was lucky but, the SLI is missing so it’s not a 3090...

If the aio fixes the issue it is fine by me... my other pc is full WC anyway and this has aio on cpu.

Plenty of room for GPu aio as well
2021/04/26 06:00:15
DataNode
I am not really comfortable in modding the card that arrived mismanufactured. I paid a lot of money in total and waited so long :-( I think it is best it goes back and I wait another year.

I hazard a guess they will put this right, but I can’t get through on the phone and it is costing me trying to do so.
2021/04/26 06:07:17
DataNode
Ok got through, they were helpful enough to start the process ... fingers crossed
2021/04/27 09:00:45
whji1991
Hi Data! Really appreciate your efforts to help others.

I'm about to pay for my step up and just wondering could you provide a quick summary of what you did i.e. who you shipped with and how much you paid.

Plus how did you make the package up/get EVGA to mark the new one up to avoid/reduce the risk of hefty import duties.

Best regards,

Will
2021/04/27 09:08:21
whji1991
I have read your initial posts so appreciate some questions have been answered. It was more laziness on my part asking for a TL:DR summary.

Really just after price / and if you had to pay import /export duties as well as the step up fee.
2021/04/27 09:14:36
DataNode
Hey no problem:

Summary is:

Used UPS follow the full detail in the post as to what I did though it is important and shows how to do DDP (delivery duties paid) for warranty.

Paid £0 export or import as it was warranty and ensured I did DDP as the item going back out is return and I paid duty on original import.

Again, there isn’t much of a short cut, cost overall about £25 to send it, there are cheaper ways probably.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account