2021/02/06 14:26:51
bmgjet
index of the gpu like how nvflash works.
If your have just 1 gpu it will be 0.
If you have 2 gpus and want to flash the 2nd gpu then it would be 1.
2021/02/18 10:35:04
tom_01
If I want to rollback, do I need to uninstall my current version of px1 before using this tool? Is there a readme?
2021/02/19 01:29:53
StavrosD
 Does it void the guarantee if I use this tool to flash official firmware?
2021/02/21 14:10:11
TrickyGizmo
First, thank you so much for creating this tool!  I have a 3090 FTW3 that PX1 gave me no other option than to upgrade the firmware.  Though everything appeared to be fine, I quickly found out it wasn't.  The rear fan stopped spinning and the LEDs would stutter.  Also, the 4 power LEDs would intermittently blink.  PX1 would only show two fans, and ICX would only show the core GPU temp, all the sensors were missing. The card still worked display wise, but power LEDs flashing and questionable cooling curves, I was concerned.  EVGA tried to troubleshoot the problem, but nothing fixed it.  

The card is used extensively for some critical (COVID related) M/L work, so I did an advanced RMA and received a new card.  For the new card, PX1 wanted to upgrade the firmware as well, but I decided that I would perform the upgrade on a different machine with nothing installed except PX1.  

That PX1 upgrade worked fine and I transferred the card into my original machine and it has worked flawlessly.  Knowing that I had a working card, I decided I could take some risks with the card that was going to be shipped back to EVGA anyway to see if I could fix it.  Putting the card in the "clean" machine, it still exhibited the same problem, stuttering LEDs and intermittently blinking red power LEDs. After doing some research that pointed to the MCU firmware being the problem. I came across the MCU Tool and figured it I would re-flash, or try to downgrade to see if that addressed the problem.  No luck, the firmware upgrade failed about a quarter of the way through.  I tried this several times with different downgrades of the firmware using the MCU Tool as well as the current version of the MCU firmware and no luck. My thinking was perhaps I could "force" a MCU firmware write figuring that the initial PX1 attempt somehow got screwed up. 

One thing I did notice is that if I shut off all the power to the computer for about 10 minutes or so, that upon reboot, the LEDs would occasionally operate normally but at some point the issues would return.  It was after one of these complete power downs that I tried the tool and successfully got it to re-flash the MCU.  Now, the card works again, all fans run under load, LEDs work properly and can be configured, all sensors show up in ICX irrespective of which computer the card is placed in or power cycles.

It appears that there are instances where the PX1 MCU flash process is corrupted or incomplete.  Using the MCU Tool and re-flash the firmware worked in my case.  I've seen several posts that describe the exact same behavior and people having to RMA cards.  If this is a fix, EVGA should offer it since it will save time, money, and frustration!  Thank you again for the utility, hopefully others that have had the same issue hear about it, use it, and have the same results!
2021/03/07 09:50:51
F0x06
Hi ! Your tool was suggested to me to fix a fan issue, FAN 2/3 stays at 0% without PX1

I have a 2080Ti FTW3, any chance getting this tool working on my card ? See https://forums.evga.com/2080Ti-FTW3-Ultra-FAN2FAN3-at-0-m3235762.aspx for the full explanation of the issue
2021/03/13 14:55:41
nim.rose
How do I use this tool to rollback the firmware on my 3090 Ultra XC3?
It doesn't have an executable...
Do I use it in conjunction with another app?

Edit: FOUND THE EXE.  But I still can't use it because Device Manager doesn't detect the 3090 since the last firmware update.
2021/05/03 13:44:36
danielbar
bmgjet
I've made a simple open source tool to help in the use of manually using EVGAs FirmwareUpdate.exe.
Have also included all the MCU firmwares from the start to present for RTX30 MCUs.

Disclaimer: You take full responsibility for its use, Dont blame me if you flash the wrong firmware and get a MCU boot loop.

How can I determine which one of the .bin files is the right one for my card? (I have a 3080 ftw3 ultra)
2021/05/15 07:03:09
NeoXen
danielbar
bmgjet
I've made a simple open source tool to help in the use of manually using EVGAs FirmwareUpdate.exe.
Have also included all the MCU firmwares from the start to present for RTX30 MCUs.

Disclaimer: You take full responsibility for its use, Dont blame me if you flash the wrong firmware and get a MCU boot loop.

How can I determine which one of the .bin files is the right one for my card? (I have a 3080 ftw3 ultra)

Yeah I have the problem with only 2 fans working and my LEDs being completely off, and finding out about this has made me excited I might actually be able to fix it as an RMA is out the question in my country, but there are two device IDs for the FTW3 with little to tell which one applies to me.

One is called E227, one is E230. I guess one is the FTW3 gaming and the other FTW3 ultra. I'm unsure it would make much difference and might bring back the functionality of my 3rd fan and LEDs with either one but I don't want to chance it naturally
2021/05/30 20:49:09
ErnestoGF
i have a 3080 ftw3 ultra and i want to know what .bin is for my card too
2022/06/01 07:46:37
Johann_87
FTW_E230_3Fans_376x is the compatible driver for the 3080 ftw ultra. ran it on the 1.1.7 version and the issues has so far gone away.
tried the px1 upgrade again and immediately did the fan3 and led issues, so currently running the above version until the next version comes out again.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account