2020/10/22 09:28:18
Saltgrass
Any chance something like G-Sync could be involved?
2020/10/22 09:39:17
transdogmifier
Saltgrass
Any chance something like G-Sync could be involved?

I have tried with G-sync off, same thing......It's kind of weird....I don't think there's anything wrong with the card, but it's under warranty if there is.

arestavo
Again, try the hotfix drivers. If you don't want to, I'm sorry but you aren't trying to help yourself.

And if you are running HDMI to a 2.1 HDMI TV, new cable / EMI shield it.

I have the hotfix installed...(oddly doesn't show the correct driver type in the control panel tho).....doesn't seem to help.

I'm running Display port....tho I don't think that's it..the whole machine hangs while it's going thru the episode....

I'm really inclined to believe it's a buggy driver..

2020/10/22 09:55:28
arestavo
transdogmifier

I have the hotfix installed...(oddly doesn't show the correct driver type in the control panel tho).....doesn't seem to help.

I'm running Display port....tho I don't think that's it..the whole machine hangs while it's going thru the episode....

Mine shows 456.98 right now in the NVCP. I downloaded the standard driver, not the DCH.
2020/10/22 10:02:12
transdogmifier
arestavo
transdogmifier

Mine shows 456.98 right now in the NVCP. I downloaded the standard driver, not the DCH.

I downloaded the Standard driver. Mine shows "Driver version:     456.38".

I've been doing pc type things since an Ohio Scientific back in 1978....I'm pretty sure I know what to, and how to, install things.

I appreciate the comment, tho (honestly do)....I think many people are reporting the incorrect driver version issue that I have too

2020/10/22 10:03:10
transdogmifier
Nothing shows up in event viewer either...

very odd.

2020/10/22 10:09:24
arestavo
transdogmifier
arestavo
transdogmifier

I downloaded the Standard driver. Mine shows "Driver version:     456.38".

I've been doing pc type things since an Ohio Scientific back in 1978....I'm pretty sure I know what to, and how to, install things.

I appreciate the comment, tho (honestly do)....I think many people are reporting the incorrect driver version issue that I have too

You're on an old driver then. 456.55, 456.71, and now 456.98 (based on .71) are newer. .71 / .98 fixed black screen flickering with .98 bringing additional fixes for that problem.
2020/10/22 10:14:53
arestavo

2020/10/22 10:50:55
transdogmifier
I'm not on an old driver. I installed the hot fix over 456.71

When I check the control panel, it says 456.38, not .98

peruse this (and note, I've tried reinstalling the hotfix..same issue)

https://www.nvidia.com/en...ver-45698-released-10/
2020/10/22 11:17:29
arestavo
Dunno what to tell you then. Continue on not believing what you see.
2020/10/22 11:43:55
transdogmifier
arestavo
Dunno what to tell you then. Continue on not believing what you see.

Keep believing bugs can't exist in software for you then?

I'm just telling you what I did, and what happened. I'm not trying to start a fight with you.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account