2020/10/05 19:30:20
EVGA_JacobF
coonwhiz
If I've already signed up to be notified, do I need to re-sign up?

Nope, if you already signed up to be notified you do not need to sign up again.
2020/10/05 19:30:28
Kougeru
Cool! So I'm already entered because I clicked notify me weeks ago. You're the best!
2020/10/05 19:30:39
saurey
Thanks!
2020/10/05 19:30:46
Crismac1
Wow very nice 
2020/10/05 19:30:54
I7GTX
Any way to see our queue status?

2020/10/05 19:30:55
3D23K
Thank you Jacob, this is better than fighting the bots.
2020/10/05 19:31:02
StayThePath
Finally, a store is doing something that makes sense.
2020/10/05 19:31:04
Islandborn
Awesome! TY Jacob! So...If I made notifications 2 days ago for both FTW 3090's, you are saying I will get an email and will be able to purchase within 5 hours? SO, no issues then with freezing and all the the headaches during purchase and checkout?
2020/10/05 19:31:18
Cerulean_Shaman
Well, some questions:

I signed up on like, day one, but HOW DO I KNOW? I never once, ever, received an email for anything.

Secondly, would reentering to check reset the queue?

EDIT:

Just so people are aware, a lot of questions were answered by Jacob on Twitter and in the thread:

• There's currently no way to know where you are in queue or whether you're even signed up, HOWEVER --
  • -- EVGA/Jacob said that signing up again wouldn't reset your position and that the earliest time you signed up would be used. I personally wouldn't trust it if you're 100% sure you signed up, but there you go.
  • Each card apparently has its own queue, just ignore the ones you don't want and wait for the one you do to pop up.
  • Whitelist email is: support@evga.com
  • Still 1 card per household so once you make a choice it seems the system boots you/prevents you from purchasing anything else. Choose carefully, especially if you get in on this early.
  • 5 hours until you timeout, no word on time periods, likely day time U.S. since EVGA is a U.S. company.
  • Other regional stores will get this system once it's tested on U.S. store, no word on when
  • Jacob said drops soon (as of Oct 5th nothing yet) and throughout week.
  • Still not sure if there will ALSO be elite drops
  • If you purchased from another store (like Newegg), you're still good for this system, even if you registered the other card

Do remember because of the timeout system presumably automatically going to the next person, once this all starts there should be a constant outflow of emails as people pass on certain cards and buy others during varying moments in the timeout window, thus staggering the ques. Basically, it means that it will be really hard to guess the progress of queues; my guess is initial stock will evaporate, then there will be a trickle of emails as people buy late or pass on cards and their timer expires. But with a 5 hour window it'll take a whole day for 5 people to pass more or less, soooo yeaaaah, lol.

2020/10/05 19:31:20
hesperus
What if I had already signed up for notifications before the website changes?
Nevermind! Good work guys.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account