2020/10/04 05:50:16
GTXJackBauer
aman4672
Caffeinated_Sarcasm
aman4672
Rumor is NVIDIA intentionally tried to **** this release just to drive up prices, But compounded with bots it went further than they originally intend. I don't really ride that train but it does cause a bit of an itch on the brain.

I wonder how that would work. I haven't noticed retailers increasing prices and NV doesn't make a dime from resellers.

I know right. one of the things is that the Fe is the best card (quality wise) but is being sold at cost (per the rumor). And they are forcing AIBS to cut prices on the msrp grade cards to meet the drastic msrp. All to pump up hype then not meet the hype with enough product. High demand and low supply means raise prices. Take this with salt though as i am trying to explain something that still sounds a little silly to me, and not everything adds up.

I think you got it all mixed up. 

The MSRP from Nvidia and AIBs haven't changed.  What you're witnessing is higher priced GPUs sold by 3rd party resellers (Non-Authorized) aka Scalpers.  Nvidia and the AIBs aren't getting the extra stream of $$$ because of the mark up.  It's the scalpers and their bots that are making the extra $$$ for locking everyone out since launch.
2020/10/04 08:31:40
Bruno747
Caffeinated_Sarcasm
aman4672
Rumor is NVIDIA intentionally tried to **** this release just to drive up prices, But compounded with bots it went further than they originally intend. I don't really ride that train but it does cause a bit of an itch on the brain.

I wonder how that would work. I haven't noticed retailers increasing prices and NV doesn't make a dime from resellers.

Simple. Nvidia let's the scalpers do the work. They go back and research the absurd prices people will pay. Next launch jack up prices again and profit even more.

Just cause nvidia isn't directly profiting now from this mess doesn't mean they aren't playing the long game.

People are paying $3000+ for 3090s that aren't even getting proper titan features. You think that won't be a discussion on the table with either the refresh or next gen?

This launch basically showed them that the 2080ti was priced about right for buyers today. Just be happy nvidia reeled those prices in this gen cause mark my words next gen will be back to 2000 series pricing or higher.
2020/10/04 08:46:40
rjohnson11
The delay of the RTX 3070 launch for a couple of weeks is the decision that should have been made for the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090. It will be weeks if not months before supply can satisfy demand.

This is my own opinion, but I personally believe NVIDIA launched the new products early in an effort to upset the AMD graphic card announcement. Even if supplies were poor. 
2020/10/05 15:09:59
MrMichaelJames
Companies exist to please stockholders not customers. If they can show huge demand that means the forecasts show big money which moves the stock price making the stockholders happy. It is simple.
2020/10/05 15:36:44
Psamtik
From now on, they'll need to factor in consumers basically creating SkyNet to buy their products.
2020/10/13 22:40:44
XrayMan

Moved to Computer Industry news.
2020/10/14 08:51:35
isaiahsix8
aka_STEVE_b
Some companies can figure it out and retain brand loyalty , ... and others just keep hitting the wall with their head over and over again.

Agree. I dropped preorders based on how some of these companies have handled the 30 series launch.
2020/10/15 17:04:22
ReZpawN
One thing i keep seeing is people telling EVGA, Newegg, BestBuy etc. to buy more servers, Microsoft and amazon own biggest cloud servers out there and even their websites go down from traffic, like Microsoft store went down during Xbox preorders even though they could have easily spun up more servers for it. Its not as easy as people think it is and doesn't make much sense money wise, otherwise Microsoft and amazon wouldn't be going down during times when a lot of people try to preorder stuff 
2020/10/21 23:24:18
GTXJackBauer
ReZpawN
One thing i keep seeing is people telling EVGA, Newegg, BestBuy etc. to buy more servers, Microsoft and amazon own biggest cloud servers out there and even their websites go down from traffic, like Microsoft store went down during Xbox preorders even though they could have easily spun up more servers for it. Its not as easy as people think it is and doesn't make much sense money wise, otherwise Microsoft and amazon wouldn't be going down during times when a lot of people try to preorder stuff 

It's quite possible there were DDOS attacks on these sites just because it's launch day.  That's on top of the high traffic from consumers and botters.
2020/10/22 07:20:33
aka_STEVE_b
AMD announced a few things to help their launch , at least.
 We will see if it does anything.... but at least it was a good P.R. move ahead of time.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account