2020/10/13 16:02:27
Sajin
GTXJackBauer
Benching:

(Click on image below for benching results)

👍😎
2020/10/14 04:45:03
Lyers
Beautiful!
2020/10/14 08:58:06
eldub0844
GTXJackBauer
Benching:

Kickass!!!!!!
2020/10/15 03:24:48
iamjanco
GTXJackBauer
Looks like these bad boys are already in the works.  It was titled "No 6".  Not sure what that means but it's anyones guess at this point.  

Interesting, Jack. I've got an SR-3 as well, and plenty of power if need be (1ea EVGA 1600W T2 & 1ea of the same model branded as Super Flower).

Remember Muffler Bearings on OCN (The Manhattan Project)?

Anyway, given the current state of affairs over on OCN, I started a new build log for the project over on ExtremeHW. Plugging a KPE 3090 into the equation could make for some interesting power consumption (though I doubt it would be as much as Vince likely added to EVGA's monthly power bill). 

2020/10/15 16:41:09
GTXJackBauer
iamjanco
GTXJackBauer
Looks like these bad boys are already in the works.  It was titled "No 6".  Not sure what that means but it's anyones guess at this point.  

Interesting, Jack. I've got an SR-3 as well, and plenty of power if need be (1ea EVGA 1600W T2 & 1ea of the same model branded as Super Flower).

Anyway, given the current state of affairs over on OCN, I started a new build log for the project over on ExtremeHW. Plugging a KPE 3090 into the equation could make for some interesting power consumption (though I doubt it would be as much as Vince likely added to EVGA's monthly power bill). 

Hey there.  Long time no see.  Grats on the SR-3! 

Yeah I remember that amazing overly engineered build.   Just the way we like em.  Yes, that build is screaming for a Kingpin or two. 

As for OCN, I only pay attention to the Aquaero thread but it's been a while since I've been there.  I'm guessing not too many are fans with the new forum unless there was some other type of drama.
2020/10/15 17:08:28
degenerate
iamjanco

God damn man that is impressive! Also, did you install that behemoth in your kitchen?
2020/10/15 19:08:06
iamjanco
GTXJackBauer
iamjanco
GTXJackBauer

Hey there.  Long time no see.  Grats on the SR-3! 
Yeah I remember that amazing overly engineered build.   Just the way we like em.  Yes, that build is screaming for a Kingpin or two. 
As for OCN, I only pay attention to the Aquaero thread but it's been a while since I've been there.  I'm guessing not too many are fans with the new forum unless there was some other type of drama.

Yeah, I picked up the SR-3 on sale when EVGA dropped the price to $1k for a few days. You might say the price was right and I couldn't resist 

degenerate
God damn man that is impressive! Also, did you install that behemoth in your kitchen?

Thanks. Not my kitchen per se, just spare room I've dedicated to wet work. There's a sink to the right, which makes things a little easier.
2020/10/15 19:12:58
GTXJackBauer
iamjanco

Yeah, I picked up the SR-3 on sale when EVGA dropped the price to $1k for a few days. You might say the price was right and I couldn't resist 

That's a steal.  I also thought I saw them go for $1500 a couple of weeks ago.

What silicon are you matching it up with?
2020/10/15 19:33:52
iamjanco
I was going to go W-3175X, but ended up getting caught up in bad ebay deal, which took a month to resolve. So I ended up going with a W-3265 (which isn't overclockable, but will suit my purposes fine). I picked one up off a guy that was going to use it to upgrade his Mac, but changed his mind and went with Threadripper.

Tray-unused, open box, and I got it for $1280. 

2020/10/16 08:32:58
NewValaric
I can't wait to get my hands on it! The only question to me is: how easy will it be to get one?

Usually, high prices are a deterrent for a lot of buyers. But with the craziness that is going on with the RTX cards, some people have been spending a lot more than usual. So this situation scares me a bit... And I seriously do not want to buy the Kingpin on a secondary market...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account