2020/04/01 22:02:46
notfordman
yodap
Chaos_21
Sounds like you jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire nateman.
Breaking out that awesome telescope might bring some normal back during these times of crisis.

Glad you're back nate, Chaos beat me to obvious medicine for you. Get into that happy place asap.

+1    Been awhile, welcome back. Glad you have the telescope to pass time, and the enjoyment.  
Hope you and the family are well. I believe you have served your time as well, Thank You! 
2020/04/01 23:17:44
rjohnson11
nateman_doo
Chaos_21
Sounds like you jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire nateman.
Breaking out that awesome telescope might bring some normal back during these times of crisis.

Oh I will be setting it up tonight.  Its my happy place.  I plan to bring it overseas.  
and yea... I am absolutely retiring after this deployment.  I will have close to 25 years in.

I retired from the USAF after 20 years back in 1997. You've done your time so it is 'your' time to retire and find a civilian job so you can collect two incomes. By the way if you have had any surgeries or physical damage to your body apply for a disability. I have a 10 percent disability and that amount is not taxed. 
2020/04/04 12:23:16
Jayrock
Thank you for everything you've done! It must suck to come home and quarantine, but that shows just how strong and smart you are.

As someone with (non-military related) PTSD and studying in the field of psychology, please attempt to address it as soon as you can with the right person/people.
2020/04/04 13:28:32
rjohnson11
I believe 25 years is about 60-70 percent pension for the military. That should do nicely when you retire. 
2020/04/04 13:52:30
chrebean1
Nateman: Thank you for your service!

You probably already know this, but ... 
Recommend you get a full pre-retirement checkup from the military side before you leave the service ... and get a complete copy of your medical records. I sat down with my VA rep before I retired in 2011, and got the disability process going.

Best to you and yours!
2020/04/05 07:02:49
etaXdoa
Hope the PTSD passes and retirement is an easy process.... plenty of space for you and your wife/telescope in Oz, lots of places without city lights to blight the sky
2020/04/05 07:44:16
nateman_doo
It seems to have calmed down a lot, but I haven't heard any loud noises.  The world is much quieter.  
Thank you all for the well wishes!  

Trust me... I have been taking notes with regards to the VA claims at the end.  
2020/04/05 17:02:07
atfrico
nateman_doo
It seems to have calmed down a lot, but I haven't heard any loud noises.  The world is much quieter.  
Thank you all for the well wishes!  

Trust me... I have been taking notes with regards to the VA claims at the end.  

Long Time no hear. Im glad you are ok and everything is well. A bit of isolation does not hurt😼
Thank you again for the craftsmanship😸
2020/04/05 21:55:44
Knightviper
rjohnson11
I believe 25 years is about 60-70 percent pension for the military. That should do nicely when you retire. 

wow 22 years over in the UK you get the full pension
2020/04/06 07:21:29
Nereus

Trying to put a positive spin on it: with everyone on lock down, noise is at a minimum, so that's good for you. It's quite surreal here in NYC, I'm so used to the 24/7 constant hum of the city and the blaring of car horns and sirens and people yelling (and the occasional gun shot), yet now I can sit here with my window open and hear nothing but a slight breeze.. love it!

Thank you for your service - 25 years is a huge achievement. My dad retired after 25 years service as well - USN aviator - LCDR.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account