2020/04/01 07:10:53
nateman_doo
I just came back from a 3 week trip to Iraq & survived a 30 rocket barrage, developed PTSD of loud noises (which thankfully I haven't heard any recently).  The purpose of this trip was to check out a unit that we will be replacing in the near future.  Now I come home to something between the walking dead and The Stand.   I am self-quarantineing in my RV in the storage lot that its parked cause my wife doesnt want me coming home (and I really dont blame her either - we have 2 tweens).  

So yea... March has been a wild month for me.  Now I sit in my RV "teleworking" - which means answering emails balancing the use of fossil fuels between keeping warm and not having to go out into the general populace and risk exposure, while rationing my food.

2020/04/01 07:30:49
rjohnson11
I hope she'll let you back home in two weeks!
2020/04/01 07:37:25
Cool GTX
Dang, I'm surprised the base did not have specific quarantine quarters
2020/04/01 08:41:06
Chaos_21
Sounds like you jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire nateman.
Breaking out that awesome telescope might bring some normal back during these times of crisis.
2020/04/01 09:06:34
nateman_doo
Chaos_21
Breaking out that awesome telescope might bring some normal back during these times of crisis.

Oh I will be setting it up tonight.  Its my happy place.  I plan to bring it overseas.  
and yea... I am absolutely retiring after this deployment.  I will have close to 25 years in.
2020/04/01 09:25:25
rblaes_99
Nate,

prepare yourself mentally for them to not let you retire.  They are already trying to pull folks in that are already retired. It going to be in interesting next couple of years for sure.

Also, don't mess with the PTSD stuff.  You can get telecare with the Wizards online from your RV.
2020/04/01 10:44:19
rblaes_99
https://tricare.mil/CoveredServices/IsItCovered/TelementalHealth

Its a great program.  They got me some meds to help me sleep and get over that post deployment hump. nice providers that understand the battlefield exposure as well. 
2020/04/01 10:52:51
nateman_doo
rblaes_99
Nate,

prepare yourself mentally for them to not let you retire.  They are already trying to pull folks in that are already retired. It going to be in interesting next couple of years for sure.

Also, don't mess with the PTSD stuff.  You can get telecare with the Wizards online from your RV.

I honestly used to think PTSD was a joke.  But after talking to so many other people on that particular FOB who went through the same attack, its pretty understandable.  No more slamming doors, dropping kevlars or body armor on the floor.  

Like hell they wont let me retire.  I will have had 25 years in and two tours by then.  I have done my time.  
2020/04/01 11:33:01
yodap
Chaos_21

Glad you're back nate, Chaos beat me to obvious medicine for you. Get into that happy place asap.
2020/04/01 19:08:29
GTXJackBauer
Thanks for your service and clear skies!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account